or Connect

Posts by Missouri Swede

I'm not trying to imply anything bad about you or the topic.  You hadn't heard about the rule for  par+handicap, and that thread gives info about the rule and a bit of discussion about it.
You must have missed previous threads where it has been discussed.  Here's one: http://thesandtrap.com/t/82295/par-handicap-for-holes-not-played-under-the-principles-of-the-rog
Microsoft didn't use 9 because (supposedly) software coding that sees "9" might (could? would?) think it was windows 95 or 98. Whether this is true or not, I don't know. A better reason might be that 10 is farther away from 8.  And the farther away from windows 8, the better. 
I think this is what you're looking for (bolded part is what you're after): 
Even in 2015 on the Golf Channel.  Woosnam instructs us to hit a draw by aiming the club face at the target, and aiming the feet and shoulders to the right:     And the result: ball starts at the target and goes left from there.  Odd they didn't happen to mention that.  
I stumbled around and I think I found part of the answer: Click on your name.  This opens the Explore page. Then click on "Show" in the upper right:    This opens up data by round.  Here, it opened my account to putts per hole.  Click on the small triangle in the upper center:  This opens up a menu with stats to view (by round).  Here, I'll click on Longest Drive Distance:  And it opens up a graph of my longest drive for each round.  Now I hover my cursor over what looks...
   Yeah, I agree with these.  I think I see Erik's point about just moving the marker around later.  It's easy to do, and I'm reviewing and editing the round anyway, and I can probably estimate the location within a couple yards.  But in these cases (1. on the green without a putter and 2. off the green with a putter), it partly defeats the purpose of tagging the location (other than recording that a shot was taken). Third case that comes to mind is where their green...
Okay, now I got it. Thanx.
Yep, or even below average.  That's my point. 
It seems that all of the analyses add some info (strokes gained, putts per round, putts per GIR) about a player's performance.     To set up a hypothetical player (taking Broadie's explanation of DJ to an extreme):  If a player hit all of his approach shots to 1 foot of the hole and then one putted, he wouldn't have a good SG putting rating (because the putt is never very long/difficult); i.e., he didn't gain any strokes over the rest of the field by making that one putt...