or Connect

Posts by Missouri Swede

@short ironInstead of a book, start by checking out the following threads: http://thesandtrap.com/t/39411/quickie-pitching-video-golf-pitch-shot-technique http://thesandtrap.com/t/70998/chipping-with-a-putting-method Also, welcome to TheSandtrap!
You deserve it because you hit a great shot.  No one at the moment deserved it more!  That's golf...Congrats!
I'll be there watching this weekend.  (Since I couldn't schedule time to fly to Aberdeen for the Scottish Open)
But we've been told over and over (not here on the TST) how amateurs are supposed to get rid of 3 and 4 irons because we can't hit them well.  Be careful you aren't setting yourself up for emotional anguish...    Just kidding.. congrats on the new sticks!  
 A course at Purdue figured out a way around this problem  
Accomplished #1 tonight.  Was going to do a few holes at my local muni after dinner.  Playing well, so played all 18 past sunset. Shot an 86.  Thank you, @cbrian (evolvr)!
Yesterday I played a par 4 hole with an angled or sloped fairway (right to left as you look down the fairway from the tee markers).  Straight fairway, lined by trees and rough (read that as rocky soil with enough weeds to lose your ball) on both sides.  And OB left beyond the rough.  Fairway dry and firm enough that the ball can roll a bit (downhill to the left).   I was concerned that a straight shot down the center of the fairway would end up in the left rough or OB. ...
I use Evernote for this (I'm sure there are other apps like it, but it's what I use).   I copy/paste my evolvr lessons into it, including photos.  Swing thoughts, what didn’t work, etc. And I’ve got access to it on my phone, my tablet, and any computer.
     Obviously, a call from "someone" prompted a last-minute trip to Bethesda, MD, to the Quicken Loans tournament.  (Figure he finally wised up and called you guys.)   Regarding the car:  how do you get two sets of golf clubs in there? Lovin' the book, BTW.
Nicklaus also played a fade as his stock shot, IIRC.  Not sure how (or if) his setup/alignment was significantly different from Trevino's, though.