or Connect

Posts by Missouri Swede

Welcome to TST!   Lots of good stuff to learn.  And a lot of good interaction along the way.
From SIGolf+ magazine, "Top 100 Teachers Poll"    
When stuff like this happens, we pronounce it Misery
Maybe Dan Jenkins' articles get published because there aren't any good writers around willing to write about golf...
Nah, you're thinking of "unconscious putting" by Stockton.
Change?!    I ... need ... some air....   I'll be okay, just give me a minute
I'm trying to find out about "class notes" for the Express classes, mentioned on the FB page.  Are they supposed to be handed out at the class? Emailed after?   I emailed my instructor about it, who said he'd "put some together."   Crickets.    I emailed aimpoint about it, mentioning that I had taken the class.  I received an email back saying that they will absolutely get me those notes.  Crickets.   Are these notes something that some locations/instructors give...
At the end of the first hour of broadcast yesterday, there was no audio from the commentators for about 5 minutes.  Just the sounds of the game.    It was awesome.   Then at the top of the hour, they started yapping again.  
Welcome to TST! What you're describing sounds like it is classified as an immovable obstruction. It's covered in rule 24-2b: "Interference by an immovable obstruction occurs when a ball lies in or on the obstruction, or when the obstruction interferes with the player's stance or the area of his intended swing. If the player's ball lies on the putting green, interference also occurs if an immovable obstruction on the putting green intervenes on his line of putt. Otherwise,...
From usga.org: The current language requiring a player to drop from arm’s length and shoulder height was introduced in 1984. It was a simplification of the somewhat awkward previously required method of facing the hole, standing erect, and dropping the ball behind the player over the shoulder.Edit: shorty beat me to it.