or Connect

Posts by bradsul

To each his own I suppose, I want less shoe not more for myself.  The Proto (at least for me) were a great balance between the two.  The Lyt might be leaning a little too far in the wrong direction for me, but I own them now so I'll certainly use them.   I'm not sure what other options there really are at this point anyway.  Got all winter to look at this point sadly.
I wasn't really complaining, as I said I found them quite comfortable.  Just compared to the sensei I'm usually wearing they felt as stiff as plywood. Time will tell I suppose and if they are moving away from true minimalist shoes I wouldn't be surprised for the very reason you mentioned.
Has anyone tried the Lyt/Dry model?  They had a sale on golftown daily deal a few weeks ago.  I quite liked the look so I decided to buy them without having seen them in person or tried them on (none of the GT stores carry True in stock).  I finally received them yesterday and headed over to the simulator to hit some balls and I have to say the soles are incredibly stiff.   They don't have any heel drop but I wouldn't call them minimalist shoes by any stretch.  I can't...
All the time, it's great fun!  I play 5-6 times per week and about half are match of some sort (at least for another couple weeks, stupid Canadian winter!)  Favourites are:   four ball 4-2-1 match skins   Mostly it depends how many players there are.  Often it's just 2 or 3 so match and 4-2-1 tends to be the most used.
I just drink water, I never have beer at the course.  If it's really hot and humid (normal for southern Ontario summer) I usually bring 4 bottles with me.  1 of which is half frozen to keep the rest cold.  I'll have finished them all by the end of my round.   If it's not too hot I will usually go for 1 bottle per 9 and 1 bottle at the turn.
I'm up in Guelph and if there was a course of that quality around here offering that deal I would jump all over it!  We don't get great deals like they do south of the border, gotta take advantage when they do come up in my opinion.
 That's a great looking shoe.  I will definitely check those out.  Ouch on the price tag though.  This is my plan, I won't need new shoes this year but I will definitely need to pick something up for next season. Complicated by the fact that Golf Town (all of my local ones anyway) have stopped carrying TRUE.  I won't buy without trying on first so may have to switch brands anyway.
Anyone know any reasonable equivalents to the Tour and Proto shoes?  I kinda stopped looking once I found the original TRUE Tour model and have remained brand loyal until now.
That is disappointing.  I have both Tours and Proto's and love the super-wide toe-boxes.  I have a pair of sensei as well but they are definitely narrower on my feet.  I don't much care for any of their other models, I guess I will have to start looking elsewhere for shoes next season.
Seems odd that we would both have the same problem with the mesh version.  I'm going to Golf Town later this week, I'm definitely taking my shoes along with me!   I remember when I bought them the guy at Golf Town even warning me they weren't waterproof.  I wonder if they made a change to the mesh model at some point.  I notice the website says they're waterproof.