or Connect

Posts by bradsul

These were on pretty darn cheap so I thought I'd try the Footjoy 'minimalist' offering.  I love all my various pairs of True Linkswear but I quite liked the look of these.  They are definitely NOT zero-drop heels but for Footjoy they are pretty low!  
I picked up the Adams Super DHy 21 and 24 degree long-iron-hybridy things.  They more resemble super GI irons than hybrids but wow do they hit a nice ball.   I've been banging away on the simulator with them all week and I'm seriously considering going back and getting the 18 degree.
I bought one back in the fall when they went on big-time discount at Golf Town.  I really like it and the Kurokage shaft is just fantastic (for me anyway).  The tour model was my preference looks-wise but I had better numbers for spin and launch with the non-tour model so I went with that.   I tried the 2.0 versions as well but I just can't get past the looks.  It's probably all in the paint they chose but to me it just looks like it's made of cheap plastic or something....
I've seen damage like this before from people playing on snowed/frosted greens.  Fortunately most often the footprints are that of deer or coyote but sometimes it's people too.  
A couple hours north of OP in Guelph and it's been a pretty nasty winter for sure.  I'm resigned to not getting back on the course again until April.  I'd be incredibly surprised if it was earlier.
I've never seen bottles for carry.  I think that might just be on courses with sandy soil types where a divot disintegrates.  Here any divots are beaver pelts you just pick up and put back in place.  I rarely even see bottles on carts up here.  When I head down south though every single cart has a couple bottles or a container with a scoop.
With the GolfTown sale on now I decided to try out the new Lamkin premium grip.  http://www.lamkingrips.com/max-performance/utx   I put one on my 6i and I'm really liking it so far.  I'm a gloveless-cord-guy and though these aren't nearly as aggressive, I've been enjoying it quite a bit.  Time will tell if they hold up to Southern Ontario humidity in the summer but I think I will outfit all my clubs with them.  At only $6CAD during the sale it's a tough price to beat too!
I carry 4 including my PW.   PW (45deg, part of my iron set) GW (CG15 52 bent to 50, 8deg bounce) SW (CG15 56.14deg) SW (CG15 62.12deg)   I carry the second high lofted sand wedge because some of the courses I play have very high sided bunkers and it makes my life easier.  It also doubles as my lob wedge so it's not wasting a spot in my bag.
Cross-country skiing for me.
I'm sure you'd get arguments on both sides of that one.  The Merkur HD (and similar) is sort of the 'gold standard' I think.  They're nice and weighty and have excellent construction. When it comes to blades they are so many the best thing is to get sampler packs (most only shops offer them) and try a bunch out.  Your face will like some and not others.  Lots of good brands to try at the link below. http://www.fendrihan.com/razor-blades-blade-samplers-c-116_4_14.html I...