or Connect

Posts by bradsul

Maltby makes a line (KE4) that have replaceable screw-weights.  I doubt you'll find much more than weight ports though because most iron 'tuning' is done by simply bending the clubhead itself.
The Yes! Sophia is another nice one.  I have the first 'version' of it and I really like the classic looks combined with the modern C-grooves.
If it's a pretty straightforward hole where a reasonably average drive from me will leave me within 260yds then I might take a driver off the tee and go for it.  If I have no chance of hitting it in 2 then I'll rarely even hit a driver off the tee.  I can get home and nice and tight with a couple 4i and a wedge or short iron instead.  Not exactly exciting but I'd rather a birdie 5/10 times than an eagle 1/20.   My buddies used to always look at me strange when I...
I joined a local golf simulator. 20 something HD versions of famous courses, plus a fully stocked bar and food. Not the same as being out on the grass but it's warm and close by! It was great to hit the ground running last spring.
I think this is really a stealth poll to find out who watches Mythbusters. 
Trial and error for me as well. I started by figuring out what my most comfortable and accurate approach shot was. When I'm on the tee I start with that and work backwards to figure out what I need to do to get me there while avoiding any trouble. Quite often this means leaving the driver in the bag even though it's a par4 or par5. I also almost always go for the center of the green rather than taking dead aim at the flag stick. My father's Pro had what I think is...
Most likely you were able to connect closer to the sweet spot more often with the heavier head.  With a lighter swingweight some people can have issues delivering the clubhead to the ball accurately - I think basically the brain has trouble perceiving where the club head is.  I find I can't hit my driver well without a swingweight of at least D0.  Some people like it around C5 (very light), some people like it really heavy like a wedge (my brother likes D6 for his...
I carry 95% of the time.  I usually only use my push cart if it's going to rain (umbrella holder).  I find carrying much less work than pushing or pulling; it's less effort to simply walk with something on my back rather than actively pushing or pulling something.  I know on really hilly courses I will always carry regardless of weather.
84, Par 70, 72.2/129, 6622yds   Had a rough round today, didn't hit many greens.  Really windy with gusts up to 45KM/h at times.  It was really bad on the front 9 where I shot +11.  The wind died down a bit and I was +3 on the back 9 which was actually better than my previous round at this course.
I use one at the range if I'm working on my driver.  I hate chasing my tee down all the time.  Never used one on the course though.