or Connect

Posts by bradsul

I think this is really a stealth poll to find out who watches Mythbusters. 
Trial and error for me as well. I started by figuring out what my most comfortable and accurate approach shot was. When I'm on the tee I start with that and work backwards to figure out what I need to do to get me there while avoiding any trouble. Quite often this means leaving the driver in the bag even though it's a par4 or par5. I also almost always go for the center of the green rather than taking dead aim at the flag stick. My father's Pro had what I think is...
Most likely you were able to connect closer to the sweet spot more often with the heavier head.  With a lighter swingweight some people can have issues delivering the clubhead to the ball accurately - I think basically the brain has trouble perceiving where the club head is.  I find I can't hit my driver well without a swingweight of at least D0.  Some people like it around C5 (very light), some people like it really heavy like a wedge (my brother likes D6 for his...
I carry 95% of the time.  I usually only use my push cart if it's going to rain (umbrella holder).  I find carrying much less work than pushing or pulling; it's less effort to simply walk with something on my back rather than actively pushing or pulling something.  I know on really hilly courses I will always carry regardless of weather.
84, Par 70, 72.2/129, 6622yds   Had a rough round today, didn't hit many greens.  Really windy with gusts up to 45KM/h at times.  It was really bad on the front 9 where I shot +11.  The wind died down a bit and I was +3 on the back 9 which was actually better than my previous round at this course.
I use one at the range if I'm working on my driver.  I hate chasing my tee down all the time.  Never used one on the course though.
82, Par 70, 72.2/129, 6622yds   Played a really challenging scottish links style course yesterday.  Really windy so I didn't hit many greens, also had putting issues (didn't drain anything over 8ft).
64, Par 62, 59.7/98, 3990yd   Played a fun and challenging (very hilly, lots of hazards) executive course today.  My parents are members so with the long weekend early twilight and members discount it's a great deal.  I had 4 bogeys and 2 birdies, each split evenly per side.  Nice and consistent and my putting was excellent today.  Going to find something longer tomorrow, but the executives sure do give you a great idea of where your iron game is.
I carry a 17deg 4W that I rarely use (I don't carry a 3W). I carry 230yd with my 7W and 275yd with my driver and rarely seem to find myself in need of the 250yd shot of the 4W. It probably has to do a lot with the courses I play though. I remember on my trip to Florida I pulled it out a lot more, long holes with huge fairways aren't the norm around here.
81, Par 71, 71.0/131, 6200yds   Not a tough course by the numbers but you need to be pretty exacting with your tee shots.  The landing areas are small and the trouble is plentiful.  I lost a couple strokes to bad club selection hitting through fairways into hazards.  A couple questionable 3 putts I should have taken more time on.  I swear breaking 80 must be mental, I keep doing stupid things costing me a stroke or two to keep me out of the 70's!