or Connect

Posts by bradsul

If you don't have the time to practice your ball-striking, the best thing you can do for yourself is to be honest about the type of miss-hit you typically have.  If your normal problem is fat or thin shots then the blade won't really make things worse.  However if your problem is that you can't hit the centre of the club-face reliably, a blade will hurt your game (not too mention your hands) to at least some extent.  Off-centre hits just don't go very far with a...
This seemed pretty strange until I read the linked article about the large dinosaur he built between the 9th and 10th that not only moves but roars.  He has some 'interesting' ideas for the course too by the sounds of it. 
Maltby makes a line (KE4) that have replaceable screw-weights.  I doubt you'll find much more than weight ports though because most iron 'tuning' is done by simply bending the clubhead itself.
The Yes! Sophia is another nice one.  I have the first 'version' of it and I really like the classic looks combined with the modern C-grooves.
If it's a pretty straightforward hole where a reasonably average drive from me will leave me within 260yds then I might take a driver off the tee and go for it.  If I have no chance of hitting it in 2 then I'll rarely even hit a driver off the tee.  I can get home and nice and tight with a couple 4i and a wedge or short iron instead.  Not exactly exciting but I'd rather a birdie 5/10 times than an eagle 1/20.   My buddies used to always look at me strange when I...
I joined a local golf simulator. 20 something HD versions of famous courses, plus a fully stocked bar and food. Not the same as being out on the grass but it's warm and close by! It was great to hit the ground running last spring.
I think this is really a stealth poll to find out who watches Mythbusters. 
Trial and error for me as well. I started by figuring out what my most comfortable and accurate approach shot was. When I'm on the tee I start with that and work backwards to figure out what I need to do to get me there while avoiding any trouble. Quite often this means leaving the driver in the bag even though it's a par4 or par5. I also almost always go for the center of the green rather than taking dead aim at the flag stick. My father's Pro had what I think is...
Most likely you were able to connect closer to the sweet spot more often with the heavier head.  With a lighter swingweight some people can have issues delivering the clubhead to the ball accurately - I think basically the brain has trouble perceiving where the club head is.  I find I can't hit my driver well without a swingweight of at least D0.  Some people like it around C5 (very light), some people like it really heavy like a wedge (my brother likes D6 for his...
I carry 95% of the time.  I usually only use my push cart if it's going to rain (umbrella holder).  I find carrying much less work than pushing or pulling; it's less effort to simply walk with something on my back rather than actively pushing or pulling something.  I know on really hilly courses I will always carry regardless of weather.