or Connect

Posts by neophytea

Should all cheaters be punished?
What about cheating in baseball? What about cheating in football? What about cheating on your wife? What about cheating on your husband? What about cheating on tests in school?
At the level of the best pros, a good pro can be given 20 identical drivers according to manufactured specifications and the pro can consistently find one of the 20 to be worst of the whole 20 sample.  And can consistent spot one that is better than the rest.   Technically there are small differences that most golfers cannot discern, but the better golfers can pick out.
I wonder if she was pressured to leave golf channel?   At the PGA show in Orlando, she stood by herself or sat by herself when she wasn't on camera.   I wonder if the rest of the Morning Drive gang threw her a "We'll Miss You" going away party?
First problem is not having homeowners and personal liability insurance that protects you and your family.    Second problem is not being able to discuss this with your parents.     Third problem is that these cases can and do end up in court.  Even though the window could cost a couple of hundred dollars to over a thousand dollars, your lawyer fees will probably be ten times that.  Hearing fees, billables, and filing fees add up fast with a decent to good...
If you are forced to defend your life like my cousin.  Do you realize he had to go to court and prove that he had no other choice, but to take a life.  The court found that his actions were justified.  His legal bills nearly bankrupt the whole family.  You can't afford the legal bills after protecting yourself or your family.  Sometimes your family might be better off if you are killed.
The rules of golf are a game within a game.  just like the IRS rules.  If I call the IRS about a deduction, they tell me up front that they won't guarantee their answer is right.   How would you like to have the traffic laws to be written like the rules of golf?   Wasn't it the USGA that got a rule wrong at the Solheim I think?   If the experts at the USGA can't get the rules correct how can normal people be expected to get them right?   If we need hundreds of...
Wasn't it Casey Martin who used the disability and right to work laws to compete on the PGA. What if the court says that Players with bad backs (Physical disabilities) and the yips (Mental disabilities) must be allowed to compete on the PGA tour? At work I have seen people who hired special disability lawyers, went to court and are now working in jobs that astonish me. And these cases are all hidden behind confidentiality agreements and health privacy laws so no one...
We don't set aside a time when new golfers like our children and wives are welcomed to play our course.    It is surprising how many golfers are rude to new golfers who don't yet play fast golf. How many of us can get our wives and adult daughters to golf if they are going to be publically criticized. We want more wives and daughters to take up golf, but the rude complainers still make them unwelcome.   I have called courses and asked when to take out adult...
At the driving range some guy I barely knew walked up to my bag and took my new ping driver out without a word and started to put a ball on a T to hit.  I asked him why he doesn't ask before touching my equipment?  He got mad and started yelling at me for being rude and selfish.  I wanted to ask where his car was parked and was his wife home but I kept quiet.  Ruined my day.  Can't understand why I was upset, but I was.