or Connect

Posts by johnny2balls

Even the guy in the video is using a tee and it seems anything but "barely adequate"
I'll argue all day long that a tee is hardly adequate. I've been fixing ball marks with a tee for decades and they are as adequate as it gets.  In fact I'll argue that it's the best tool to use.  The tool companies will disagree because it's basically a free divot repair tool and they are in business to sell their own tools.   I've tested most tools.  Now they are even making tool that resemble tee's. Callaway has one out.  They only have one prong instead of the old...
I was taught the same way your video shows when I started caddying at Bob-O-Link in Chicago while in highschool. That's how they taught us to do it.  I still fix all marks this way and know it is the best way toi fix a mark.  But, no one else fixes that way :)  99% of people I play with fix them the way you first describe, they push in and pull up breaking the roots.  Even the pros fix them that way.  Watch on t.v or in person if you can.  Almost every single pro will...
Interesting,  what exactly is a "formal club"  I've never heard that before.  Do they play by their own rules?  I'm asking in all sincerity.  I played Scioto in Columbus, OH last week and there is certainly no one ball on green rule, so if Scioto is not a formal club then what is? Because everything seems pretty formal at that great place.  No hats in mens grill, no cell phones on course etc..   I've played hundreds of courses all over, many top notch just like Scioto,...
First of all great question.  I've thought about it many times as I like to keep things going and often time will put my ball down at the same time someone else is replacing theirs b/c it's their turn to putt.  I don't do it when my  ball is anywhere near their line. Nor do I do it when they have started their pre-shot routine.  I'm pro-active and do it at the same time they are replacing their own ball.   Here's the way I've always seen this issue--#2 should sum it...
From you post, to me it sounds like you are slow.  What jumped out at me is the extra 45 seconds you say take right before you hit your putt.  That is a heck of a long time.  This is after you have looked at all angles and paced it off.  Then an extra 45 more seconds.  Wow!   It's way too long my friend.  You are gaining nothing by all of that extra stuff.  You don't do it on the preactice green and you probably putt fairly well there.  No need for it on the course.  ...
  I'm a Holly fan.  Although she has good angles and not so good ones.  She does love to stick that chest out   I was a big Wynn fan but then one day her fake announcers voice and phrasing hit me like a ton of bricks and now I can't watch her.  Well I should say listen to her.  It is so over the top and put on that it drives me nuts.  She's like the female version of Ryan Seacrest.  Yucking it up with her announcers voice.  It's only getting worse.   Here she is in...
Do you know the story of why "they" banned Sam's style? If Tiger gets what he wants, it could be history repeating itself.    Since Sam's style does not have to involve a long putter and it's not anchored to the body would people opposed to long or belly be fine with it?     Can anybody name the one person who used a non-conventional putter that finally seemed to make it OK for all to use and seemed to make some feel OK about using it i.e. Phil?  HInt: think back no...
why don't you post a picture of the golf shoes you wear.  Take a pic on your phones and let us all see.  I say Etonics.
Well 1:50 is not considered slow. in fact a 3 hour and 40 min round is a great time.   I'm not sure why you thought you would be waiting on the ladies.  More times than not I have found that ladies are plenty fast. Old men (in general) on the other hand are the slowest golfers on a course 99.9% of the time. As you note, they move slow, they do stupid things and most of all could care less about someone (never mind a single) waiting behind them.   glad you enjoyed...