or Connect

Posts by johnny2balls

Time with my family.  I have 3 small kids.  6 years ago I played approx. 60 rounds a year.  Last year I played 11.  The only reason I know that is because I started the year with 9 2009 scores on my GHIN.   But I don't miss not being out with my buddies on Sat morning when I'm playing my my kids.  I still find time to play. I play in the major tournaments at our course.  I do nights during the week.  And now 2 of my kids are getting old enough to play so we are...
This is actually a good way to approach it.  Use a little humor but make sure your point is not lost in the humor.   I just had a situation in match this past weekend.  My partner and I spent over 5 minutes searching for our competitors balls on the first 4 out 6 holes. I did not saying anything directly but did say well I think 5 minutes is up etc... On about the 9th hole we now were looking for my drive.  I looked at my watch when we started looking and at 5 minutes I...
Best golfer ever and my favorite.  Any man that can say to hi wife, how about if I go win all 4 majors this year and then I can retire to our life.  And then DOES IT, is the best in my book.  And they by no means were cake walk wins.     as a side note I play the Bobby Jones hybrids 21* and 19*  anybody else?  great hybrids in my opinion. very iron like ball flight.
2 guys, 4 and a half hours minimum!  Wow.  Ultra slow.  That's very slow for 4 guys or 4 women or any combo. 4 guys all under 15 caps should never take more than 3:50-4:00. Assuming the course is open, it should never take that long. 18 holes of golf simply does not take that long to play unless you are slow. And slow for all of the wrong reasons.   I think it was Davis Love III who a few year ago played solo all 4 rounds at the Mercedez in Hawaii. He went from 2:25...
I love it!  Thanks for posting
nail meet the head. I've known Bubba since the Nationwide days and he was bad then and 1000 times worse now.  He is a tall skinny phony.  I posted this on another thread about the biggest jerks on the tour but I think it needs repeating.  There is an unwritten rule at CBS to only show Bubba when they have to.  He has gone from a guy well liked (by at least the CBS crew---producers, field announcers, booth guys....) to a guy they can no longer stand and hate putting on...
Well my mother certainly does not agree that it's a gentleman's game. Hell, with her I can't even call them the ladies tee's.  They are the red tee's.  and she's right. Tee's are just a color not a gender. There is no gender to the game.  It's a game for all not a gentleman's game. That's old school male chauvinist crap going back to when they would not let a certain breed of chap from the lower ranks grace the course with their peasant filth.  That stuff used to go and...
Yeah I guess you are right, it's all about what others think.    
It's obvious in this thread when we say ace, we are meaning a hole in one on a par three.  Of course a hole in one on a par 4 is also called an ace but it's more often than not referred to as a double eagle or albatross .   an ace or hole in one on a par 3 is 2 under par.   an albatross on a par 4 or 5 is 3 under par and the hardest score to get in the game of golf (besides a hole in one on a par 5 which I have never heard of)   so tell me again why anybody...
why be polite (which I really would but...)  they are not being polite to an entire golf course waiting behind them. They are being the opposite of polite.  Slow players need to realize that being slow is being rude to the people behind you and saying to them their time is not as important as yours. 18 should never take more that 4 hours.  OK, I'll give you 4 hours and 20 minutes but that's it.  Just played last Friday at Scioto in Columbus OH.  Several groups were ahead...