or Connect

Posts by johnny2balls

I've heard there is an unwritten rule at CBS to only show Bubba Watson on t.v. when they have to.  They have become sick of his attitude which has been building up to what we have with him now. His press conference after his cut last weekend was the nice icing on the cake.   One guy I've spent some time with and would not spend an elevator ride with:  Stuart Appleby  (arrogant jerk)   Guys that have been super nice to me that I hear others say are jerks:  Phil,...
  no big deal at all.  Heck, even Arnold Palmer and Rory Sabatini had to bail on their partners mid round.  If guys are that slow, tell them how slow they are and how they are ruining the game and then leave them in your dust.  They are not ready to hit their show when it's their turn!  Biggest reason for slow play right there.
This is right on.  Anybody who says they will take an ace over a double eagle can not understand how hard it is to get a double eagle.  Hardest score to get in golf. BY FAR!  
Besides this thread, the only other people I ever see talk about Americans v Europeans are the guys on the Golf Channel.  They are the only ones.  I assume to drive ratings and get viewers.  In my life I have never talked about A v E with my friends, family, golf pro etc...  I only hear about it on t.v. and it always seems like nonsense.  I like guys from all over the world. Just like in my personal life.  There are several Americans I like and several I don't (mostly...
Listen, this has nothing to do with being on a high horse or throwing you under the bus.  I'm trying to help you and make a point. Yes I have been wrong before and I learned the hard way about this, I'm trying to help you so you learn the easy way (on a forum and not on the course)  Years ago I thought I knew the rules. I read the rule book many times over and didn't even know a decision book existed.  I, in all my wisdom insisted to a playing partner on a rule. I was...
in a nutshell, yes you were in the wrong.  And it is very odd behavior that I have never witnessed in the thousands of rounds of golf I have played. I have been in many 2 and 3 somes when players were added and I have never seen myself or any person in my group get upset about it. I've never seen it.  Your reasons as to why seem very odd to me.
This thread is a perfect example of how playing with somebody with just a little knowledge or "opinions" of the rules of golf can be not only scary but detrimental to your score. This is an old scenario and very straightforward rules situation. So please people like Saevel25, don't just make stuff up about the rules and try to pass them off as fact. It only hurts people. Before this thread came up I can just picture Saevel25's playing partner arguing with him on the...
First off sounds like you had fun and really in the end and down the road that's all that matters.   Second, this is exactly what I'm saying...you had a guy shoot one over for 3 rounds.  Unless you had someone else shoot pretty damn close to that none of you hold a chance of beating this guy. Hell, 3 rounds of one over par and you would have lost by 2 shots.  I would guess this guy's handicap is at least a +1 shooting scores like that.  It's better than scratch...
Stroke or Match play?  I'm assuming from your posts that it's stroke.   If a club has an obvious good, consistant low handicap golfer, they will always be hard to beat over 3 rounds of stroke play. If there are are 2 or 3 etc... who are close, they will duke it out amongst themselves.  We used to only have stroke play Club Champs but the same guy won 12 years in a row.  5 years ago we switched to match play. He has won 2 out of the 5 years.  Now we have both...
  I just read this one after my post. I'm sorry Gerald but just about everything you posted here is dead wrong. I've been to many golf tournaments N-Wide and PGA on both sides of the ropes. More times than not there are not loads of people to see and find your ball.  Many times you get out there and there is no gallery. No one cares to see what Ken Duke of Richard Johnson are doing besides their spouses. There are no "front caddies" or cameras. Not unless you are #1 a...