or Connect

Posts by johnny2balls

I played at Whisper Rock in AZ. One of the coolest things is that they post all of the handicap printouts in the locker room just like any other club would.  They must have at least 15+ Tour pros who belong and play there regularly.  I took a good hard long look at the caps when I was there.  Phil was by far the lowest handicap with a +6.3 the day I was there.  The next was about a +2.9 and all of the rest were +1 point somethings to +2 point somethings.  Gary McCord, I...
No this is Rusty from Vacation   Not quite the guy I idolized in Weird Science. Yikes!  
I hear ya Zimmy. I too get it being a somewhat lower cap.  But again, go to GHIN, type in his name and your state.  See what he has listed for his tournament scores then compare it to his cap.  See if there is an alarm.   Good days happen all of the time and there is not much you can do about it.  But high caps and 2+ low tournaments scores do not jive and the USGA knows it and has a formula and a fix.   Of the 500+ handicaps and tournament scores I have compared,...
It's simple to fix and if it happened 2 years in a row go blame your handicap committe chairman.  IF, there is indeed something that needs a fixin'.   Does your club use the GHIN system?  If so, give us the guys name.  Let's look him up. Let's see what his handicap is and let's see what he shoots in tournaments.  Easy as that.  The USGA handicap book has a very simply formula to figure out if there is a problem.  I was once my course's Handicap Chair and I went...
I say I average probably 255-265 off of the tee.  I'm typically one of the longer guys in my group of guys my age 35-45.  My dad, who is 60, outdrives me 90% of the time and always has by about 10-20 yards.  I played in a member member with my friend who is a 2 time Club Champ, 1 cap  and 38 years old.  We played with two friends both of whom are over 50.  They both outdrove us for 2 days straight.   Bottom line, age has nothing to do with distance.  That's why Fred...
Right you are. Well everything except a tour player giving you 6 a side and beating you most days.  If a tour player only gave you 6 a side, they would beat you every day, every round for the rest of your life. Unless you are a solid scratch maybe 1 or 2 or plus, then you might have a fighting chance. A low single digit amature has zero chance of beating any pro on the Nationwide or PGA Tour besides flukes.  On your home course, they'll shoot a 65 which means you have to...
Yeah Casey Martin sued over the golf carts due to his legs.  Or maybe one leg?  I forget.   Casey Wittenberg lost in the finals of the 2003 US Amature. Had a tie for 13th in the 04 Masters. Lowest amature total in 41 years etc.... Been struggling ever since, but did make it to the big tour a couple of year ago.  By no means am I a fan, in fact far from it.  He's a little.......   But I was just using him as an example of someone playing on the PGA Tour and within...
I just noticed that he seems to be playing full time on the Hooters Tour.  I can understand a guy like him loses his PGA card and plays on the Nationwide but for him to not even be playing the N-Wide seems strange. (and I know even the N-Wide tour is extremely difficult to get on)  Anybody know exactly what has happened to him since being on the PGA Tour in 2009?
I did not read all of the replys but the bottom line for me is that a Champioship Flight for the Club Championship should NEVER be handicapped.  If yours is, then go blame your golf committee.
yeah, they have been wearing them for at least 5 years. 5 years ago a lot of younger guys were weating them now just a lot of guys in general are wearing them. I played at Whisper Rock about 3 or 4 years ago and all they had in the proshop were split hem pants. for about $200 a pop!