or Connect

Posts by pwgolfpro

Erik,  Winter is not the greatest time to teach in Vegas.  I can only teach people who want to come out for lessons.  99.9% of my students come in from all over the world.  Would you like to book a trip to Vegas taking a chance that the weather is not going to be 45 degrees and howling wind?  People want to come here when the weather is guaranteed to be warmer. I never sloughed anyone off.  I don't sit here all day waiting to reply to people.  When I have time I check this...
Erik,   I see the golf swing differently that others.  My technique was not always based on the machine.   For the first 8 years, I taught people to look like pros when they swung.   I knew what Iron Byron was back then but never gave it a second thought.  In 1999, the internet was gaining popularity so I went online and found True Temper's website.  On it I saw a looping video of the Iron Byron.  To me, it looked like a golfer as it kept swinging the club.  After...
You did not read my reply.  I said if they do my "Touch the Legs Position" the weight would have to shift.   Again, you do not know my method and you are assuming you do not want me to have people shift their weight.  To clarify again, the student cannot get to my "Touch Legs Legs Position" unless they shift their weight.  By turning and getting to my Touch the Legs Position their weight will shift on its own.   Can we now put this to rest.
We do not teach the same thing.  Someone showed me Mike Bender's book a while ago.  I reviewed it and we are not on the same page.  Keep in mind I had the inventor of Iron Byron (George Manning) standing right in front of me backing up everything I teach in my DVD series. I have also bee using Iron Byron in my teaching since 1999.    I actually took lessons from Mike Bender many years ago in Orlando. This was back when his teaching was teaching based on Mac O'Grady's...
Trackman Maestro,   I have always said the shift will occur to the left because you cannot get onto the tip of the back tip without the weight shifting.  If the shift will occur why think about it?  From the top of the backswing you have 1/4 of a second to impact.  If you are thinking "shift" when are you thinking "turn"?  If you think turn knowing full well the shift will occur you kill 2 birds with one stone.   If you solely think shift, you run the risk of...
JD924,   Here is your first post to me:       First, this is insulting.  Next, you are bashing me without know anything about me or what I teach.    How would you feel if someone said this to you about what you do?
Phil McGleno,   Did I say the knee was locked at impact?  NO.  I said I want them thinking of an arrow on the back of the knee going back instead of thinking about a lateral shift or they can put a shaft a few inches off the hip and miss the shaft.  So don't mistake what I am saying.    I like the left leg locked once the lead arm is parallel to the ground in the through swing but the person has to start making this move from the top of the backswing as soon as...
JD924,   No one asked me to address a slide.  You said you watched one of my videos and it was terrible so why would I tell you it again?  If you need help with something just ask instead of bashing me.  Although you may not like my technique maybe I can provide some information that can help your golf swing.   If you need it again, here is my cure:   From the top of the backswing you need to be thinking about the left knee.  It needs to be moving straight...
TrackmanMaestro,   It is winter here right now so lessons are spotty.  Once it gets into March I should be in full swing.  Just shoot me an email.  You will find this on my website: http://www.paulwilsongolf.com/ so we can make arrangements.  I am at Bear's Best Las Vegas.
MVMAC,   Yes, the reason is the going that way creates an extra step.  When you have someone roll the wrists early they will come over the top.  If you cure the path first then they come over the top you have to fix the path again.  So you fix the spin first then the path second.   All the best,