or Connect

Posts by Todd Ruggere

Thanks im going to try this tomorrow. It felt weird at first, but by the end of the lesson and this morning i was hitting the ball much better. I got myself in such a bad habit, that it became permanent.
I took a lesson last night to go over my problems. Right away the pro noticed that I was releasing my hips too soon. At the top of my swing he's trying to me to move my hands instead of already turning my hips. Make sense? Anyone have any drills that'll help with this? Also is it easy to post a video?
Thanks. I'm open to all advice. Golf is so maddening. I can't explain how many times I've said " I finally got this game!" next thing you know i can't do anything right.
I'm going to take a video tonight. I dont currently have one.
Thats actually a really good tip. I'm going to look into that. I dont know exactly. I can just feel my hips wide open and my club stuck way behind.
1 more thing i should add. This is ONLY with my woods.
My index has went from a 4.6 to a 10.1 in about 5 card changes. I haven't been over a 7 in about 20 years. My last jump went from a 6.8 to a 10.1.   I'm noticing that I am having a lot of blocks and fades during my rounds. Some of them are starting right of the fairway and slicing. I'm literally missing the fairway by 50-75 yards. I'll have other holes where I'll stripe it 300 yards center cut. The inconsistency is driving me bonkers. I notice on the fades my body is...
There is a driving range near the 1st tee where you can get 30 ball buckets for $3 (irons only). So you can hit a few before you start. It doesn't seem to matter though, its crazy. This has been going on for 10+ years. The tourneys i am usually in are different formats of 4 man teams, so i can get away with it. When I am in tourneys that are medal play I'm behind the 8 ball immediately.
There is no one in the history of golf that starts off more poorly than me. I regularly shoot 44-36 and scores like that. I never par the 1st couple holes. The other day i started off Double, Triple, Double, then played the next 11 holes -2. I do it EVERY round. It's crazy. The way i start bad is completely random. I could be shanking, slicing, hooking, hitting ground balls, or anything. Then all of a sudden on the 4th or 5th hole I'm hitting it pure.   Does anyone have...
I remember playing in a scramble and the team in front of us only had 3 players so the good golfer was hitting 2 shots every time. I remember being so pissed. One of my co workers came in today and said he and his friend showed up for a scramble yesterday and were -16 they hit 2 shots every time. They are both low handicaps. I said, "If i was another team I'd be pissed"! I don't see how they could ever be allowed.