or Connect

Posts by SAGolfLuvr

I've played and reviewed the Wilson Duo and the Bridgestone e7 on TST. As Savvy has stated, the Srixon in the same price range is also a good choice. Your handicap is better than mine so all I will say is that I hit a high trajectory shot into greens for chips, pitches, and approaches. The Wilson Duo has much less roll out on firm greens than the Bridgestone e7. My swing speed is 112-114 and I am happy with the 270ish yards I get with the Wilson Duo and sometimes much more...
Playing in hardpan Texas had me spoiled until I played on the east coast. I quickly learned to be more of a picker because of the plush fairways and much taller trees on the east coast.
Yes I am in the 2 club crowd. 56 degree and 8 iron for putt chipping. Interesting poll.
On my push cart using GolfLogix. I use a bicycle mount phone carrier on my push cart. In rainy conditions it is in my pocket in my golf rain gear using GolfLogix.
JP I am happy to add my opinion at this stage of the thread. So far, ALL of the replies you have received have worked for me. BTW when MVMAC speaks, you should listen. Combine MVMACs technique with the Phil Mickelson "secrets of the short game" videos (he is a Pelz student) and you are well on your way. Don't forget to choke up when in between clubs or distances as suggested previously by TEFUNK. I have been using all of these methods to keep me in the single digit...
Take the clubs you have and get lessons. Let the pro (who's years of experience will help you improve much faster than teaching yourself) help you decide on whether you need a different set of clubs now or later when your swing improves. No need to spend high dollar on new clubs because you get next to nothing in trade in value and the used clubs hit "farther, straighter, and longer". If you don't believe me, then look at the advertisements on the golf clubs that were sold...
I agree with FourPutt that the whining will reach new levels if Donald Trump (the only guy who can afford to build an artificial turf golf course) actually built one. With the exception of periodic cleaning, the water use will obviously be drastically reduced. Now we won't have to deal with the humidity from watering and from nature as the sun comes up, or will we? I think the heat return from the sun in some locations will make the faint of heart pass out. Let's hope they...
Best of luck to you TGB. Maybe you will get that scholarship and eventually turn pro.   As for me, I started when I was 34 years old because of an office rivalry. After being spanked, I vowed that I would beat him in a year. He laughed at me. Sure enough, I whooped him 1 year later but "the bug" had bitten me. I play once every weekend as a hobby when the weather permits. I would love to be a tour pro but my golf instructors and the "The Dan Plan - 10,000 Hours to Become...
Do you have a car, truck, or motorcycle? If yes, then find a place that will allow you to test both shafts (or more shafts). You are correct to ask which shaft to use, but you should actually hit them before you buy them to see which one gives you better accuracy/distance combo. Yes I think accuracy is more important than distance.
EJ, I am only commenting because I follow Ryan Moore because his "crouched" setup is similar to mine. I suggest you get some lessons from a pro instructor that you feel comfortable with and will listen to you. I have tried to mimic many pro swings and found that the instruction from a pro ,(combined with me grooving my swing using a SkyPro), helped me reduce my handicap to single digits. Body types are different so the pro will hopefully teach you the easiest swing for...