or Connect

Posts by SAGolfLuvr

3Bays GSA Pro will tell you carry distance. All the other stats and measurements are great but knowing your carry distance is vital. Look at the previous post by Beachcomber. It shows the carry distance on the screen. Then read the post by my friend DaggerSA (he purchased the 3Bays GSA and we tested it and still use it) right after Beachcomber. I posted after that but I came back to add this information.   For $199 you can't beat the combination of the Golf Swing...
Golfshot does not run down the iPhone battery like GolfLogix does. GolfLogix is a better product in my opinion but I have to put my phone in sleep mode and then wake it up ten yards before arriving at my ball (walking). I like all the information I get with GolfLogix so I put up with it. Golfshot is simpler and faster. Because I don't have to put the phone in sleep mode, the GPS adjusts to my position. No waiting for it to update my position. So when I'm playing for speed...
Being a walker in San Antonio with over 50 rounds per year, changing hats and shoes (as stated in earlier posts) are pretty normal every year for me. However, I have discovered that changing the old grips every year are beneficial for me. It may sound crazy, but they feel like new clubs every time I change my grips.
My Optishot works fine, even my driver works well after reading a post earlier in this thread years ago. I don't let any sunlight into the room and use incandescent lights. Judging by my swing speed, yardage is off by 4 yards compared to the launch monitor at Golfsmith (IF I trust that I had the same swing at Golfsmith as I did at home on the Optishot). You guys are saying it's an expensive toy at $299. Have fun buying the much more the expensive models to get the data and...
And thanks for taking the time and effort to explain it to me. I truly appreciate it.
OK. So there is no penalty. He had two choices. He could go ahead and putt his ball that he did not cause to start moving, or he could have halted his putting action, waited for the ball to stop, replaced the ball at the original resting place, then proceed. Both with no penalty. No further questions from me.
OK. Based on Dormie1360's post, the exceptions are listed. But I consider water to be an element. So rule 14-2 confuses me.   14-2. Assistance a. Physical Assistance and Protection from Elements A player must not make a stroke while accepting physical assistance or protection from the elements.   14-5 says there's no penalty when the player hits a ball that the player did not cause to move, but 14-2 says the player IS NOT to make a stroke at a moving ball??...
Dear rules gurus. My buddy says that he addressed his ball, started to putt, the wind blew his ball in motion before he could strike the ball with his putter. He continued his putting stroke, made contact with the ball, and "sent it" towards the hole. Is this a penalty? I've been looking for this situation described in writing from the USGA.
Jspangler, I am talking specifically of the single digit and scratch golfers I've played with and therefore have observed their habits. They are not PGA tour/nor teaching pros. These are the guys I am "chasing" because I wish my handicap was as good as theirs. Just to clarify further. The low handicappers and scratch golfers that I have played with tend to use one device and it tends to be a quality laser range finder.
I am trying to copy what low handicappers do. Of the scratch to single digit handicappers I see using these devices, I see more of them using laser range finders than GPS. I also see that they are not skimping on the quality of their gear. This is your thread, not mine so I will only say that I am looking for a laser range finder that includes slope and has pin seeking because that is what I see the low handicappers using.   BTW, I have never seen the low...