or Connect

Posts by caniac6

'My father was a marshall at one of the President's Cup in the DC area. He was behind a par 3 with a steep slope on the side . DL3 was following a match,along with some tour wives, and my father warned them about the slick conditions on the slope, and suggested they go around. They all thanked him, and did as he suggested. A few minutes later Vijay came along, and my father gave him the same advice which he ignored. He got near the top of the slope, and his feet slipped,...
I can't find this brand anywhere close to me. I have been wanting to try them, but I don't want to order them blindly.I have also read, on another forum, that the sizing of the new models vary a lot vs. the older models. It seems that with all the good reviews that they get, they would have a higher profile at retail.
I don't think having members only areas is a bad thing. I really don't think of it as a slight to daily fee players, but I see it as a perk of membership. I am sure the members pay a hefty initiation, food minimum, and monthly dues. They have made a commitment to the club, and deserve more considerations than the daily player. It seems that the course had no shortage of players, so they must be doing something right. I think they were very generous giving you a refund....
I still have a full set. 1,3,4,5
Powerbilt Citation.
I am 60 years old, and I love golf. If I could still play baseball, I would give up golf in a heartbeat.
One poster mentioned Wilmington,NC. There is a community called Landfall that has a Nicklaus and a Pete Dye course.It is very close to Wrightsville Beach which is a very nice beach with some good restaurants. Wilmington is nice city. It is like a mini Charleston.
Are they all over the place in Florida, or just the coastal areas? I know they are in the coastal areas of the Carolinas, but I don't know about Florida. Thanks
Dennis Paulson said that the field at Doral had twenty guys that could have won. He said that the course heavily favored long hitters, and guys like Snedeker had very little chance. That seems to fit with Trump's profile. He likes big. Mabye if this wasn't a no cut event, some shorter hitters would skip this event, but it is a no risk pay day. These guys always say they are independent contractors, so, if they don't like a course, don't play. Like it or not, a long,...
If I were the owner of a small golf shop I wouldn't stock shoes that were not well known. The whole idea of operating a retail store is moving inventory, and, while Trues are probably nice shoes, their sales are tiny compared to FootJoy, Nike, Addidas,ect.