or Connect

Posts by Smilesy

Thanks mvmac, I'll have a look at those topics. It really is weird the difference between reality and feel, and until I saw it on video I didn't really understand that
I had a go at the things you mentioned above. It is very interesting how little (almost zero) change there is compared to how big a change in feel there is. I felt like my head didn't move at all, but it still moves a lot.  I was also trying to reduce the amount my arms and hands move up at the end of the back swing, which did seem to change a bit. I was hitting nice little draws which I was happy about.   My target was the middle yellow distance sign (it's hard to see...
First video post in a while. For the last couple of years I've really just been trying to play with what I've got, which has worked ok, but recently my normal fade had turned into a slice too often for my liking. I worked out most of the reason for that was that my shoulders had become really open at address, my feet and hip were ok, but shoulder were terrible. Once I sorted that a out I was actually hitting it pretty much dead straight.   It's now winter over here in...
I see what you've saying about trusting the swing.  I almost have two modes, free swing when I'm not tight which I think is easily good enough to get to scratch, then I have my tight nervous swing which is terrible. I guess you can look at it too ways, you need build a swing that works when you are really tight, or that the swing is fine, but you need to be able to stay loose. I lean towards the latter and think I need to work on staying loose rather than reworking the...
I’ve been around 2-4 for the last couple of years and have really struggled to get down to scratch (which is my main goal). A couple of years ago I would have said B all day. I was hitting solid drives but my iron play and short game just wasn’t up to the level needed. I’ve worked hard and now hit around 12 greens in reg for most rounds, 15ish in good ones, with 10 fairways. Stats wise that should get me pretty close to scratch if not plue, the issue is more mental for me...
Its interesting what pressure does. The best shots I have every played have all come when really under the pump in match play, the best was a when one down on the last, opponent already on the green but not that close, I needed a birdie, hit a 9i to about a foot. Interestingly though when I'm doing well in a stroke play event I'm a massive choker. The last round of my club championships I was easily in the top 8 (make it into match play) but choked big time and finished 6...
I use a Samsung Note 2. I think all the newer Samsung Galaxy phone can do 1/8 speed (30*8=240). You do drop quite a bit in resolution at 1/8 but for golf I've found it fine. I have started to use 1/4 (120fps) more often now as I don't find I'm really getting any benefit from 240fps over 120 as I'm really looking at my body movements, and I'm not as concerned about my club head.  Here is an example at 120fps: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18fhswgiPjw
I had a hit of the 6i at a demo day a few days ago and was really impressed. It is one of the bigger blades I've seen heal to toe, similar size to me MP-53s, and was a lot more forgiving than I expected. I didn't hit too far from the middle, but enough that I thought I would have seen a significant performance drop, but I really didn't. Very nice clubs.
Yeah, I always use my phone's camera when working on my swing. It will do 240fps which really helps. I'm trying to now work out if I can somehow come up with a way to automatically replay each swing after I hit, it really breaks my rhythm when I have to stop and check the video after each one.
Last winter (I'm in Australia, so from June to August) I did a fair bit of work hitting into a net. By the end of winter I was hitting the ball really well contact wise in the net, and was really excited to get out and play on the course. To my horror though I was hitting everything about 30m left of target with my irons. I hadn't made any huge changes to my swing it was mainly just that I was overly closing the club face at impact. It then took me 3 months of hard...