or Connect

Posts by dustin88thewind

Shot an even par 36 at my home 9-hole course. Hit 7 of 9 greens, 5 of 7 fairways (two I missed just off the short grass). +2 going into 6, but birdied 6 and 9 to get it back to level.
Shot the most unsatisfying 42 (par 36). Hit 6 of 7 fairways and 7 of 9 greens, but I putted waaaaaaay too aggressively. Still, better than leaving them short like I did all year last year...
  I agree totally. I'm just thinking the gut reaction has to be, "Are you kidding me?!"
I came across this story this morning: http://tiny.cc/avznww   Great way to finish a high school career, but how gutted do you think the other kids in the playoff must have felt? I mean, I would hope they respected what an awesome shot that was. Still, I have to believe there's that feeling at the pit of their stomach when it drops...
This is a day late, but I'm still in recovery mode from yesterday's 54-hole marathon (can't pass up $50 for unlimited golf). Played Castle Course at Northern Bay here in Wisconsin (6419 yds, 72.7/125). Rounds of 88, 78 and 83. Concentration finally kicked in during round two, but waned in the third (probably thanks to the frosty adult beverages and hours of sun exposure). 27 pars, only one birdie, and the battery in our cart died on hole 44. Thanks a ton to the dude at...
Shot an 87 in my first round of the year earlier this week (and it's snowing on and off once again here in Western WI). Not up to my standards from last year score-wise. However, I felt my overall game (fairways, GIR, recovery shots) is at a better starting point, so the score doesn't bother me. Just really hard to putt when the greens are so deceptively slow.
Shot an 80 (+9) with one really disappointing triple-bogey.
Played a round of 9 with the Velocity today. Shot a 3-over 39 (missed some easy putts). Great distance. Some of my longest drives of the year. And as far as wedge play goes, the ball does release a little, but not enough to make it a problem for me.   As far as cost vs. effectiveness is concerned, I'd take the Velocity over the new NXT Tour.
Shot the most disappointing 81 of my life yesterday. I was playing The Castle Course at Northern Bay (a replica course that includes holes like the 17th at Sawgrass, 13th at Augusta and 18th at Bay Hill) and carded a 42 going out, but started off the back going par-birdie (on the aforementioned "Island Green" and "Amen Corner Finale," respectively). I continued to shoot lights out on the back nine, going -2 (+4 for the entire round) into 17. I yipped that par putt to put...
Ian Poulter, -14 Steve Stricker, -12 Keegan Bradley, -11