or Connect

Posts by johninlongmont

I want to win a Callaway Big Bertha Driver   Lee Westwood -9 Adam Scott -7 Henrik Stenson -7
I guess I still see the question of whether or not whacking at the grass that is in or adjacent to the intended flight of your ball is proper...my issue is that I can't believe Marino intended to hit the grass, but when he DID hit the grass I gotta believe it set off some alarms in his and his caddy's heads...the proper thing at that point is to stop and figure it out - probably call in a rules official, as these pros seem to do at the drop of a hat in most situations -...
I spit on the course all the time...I smoke cigars and spitting is kind of just a part of that...it soaks in, dries up, whatever...I mean, you don't spit in a guy's line before he putts or any other insulting type of action..and no, you don't spit out a big chaw on the green or manicured grass area or whatever, but come on - people don't do that (at least civilized people)...but just spitting on the green or wherever on the course is reason for scorn and a fine?....I...
here's my thoughts:   1. if I'm standing in the bunker, my ball is in the bunker, I take a practice swing and my club head hits anything - I'm thinking I have just incurred a penalty...Marino hit the turf on the lip of the bunker in front of him - likely on or near the line where his ball would have to exit the bunker...he HAS to have been thinking it at least MAY HAVE BEEN a penalty   2. I think that's on his mind while he's standing in the fairway to go for his...