or Connect

Posts by mymizunosrock

Had our Monthly Medal Stroke round today. Was keen to put in a good round. Played lousy last year on medal days. I really didnt hit the ball that good. I hit at least 3 heavy iron shots, and I mean heavy. Didnt drive it that well, but apart from 2 3 putts just on the fringes, I putted really well. Turned at 1 over. 8 pars, one bogey. Bogeyed the first 3 holes on the back then had 3 birdies on the trot mid back nine. Finished with a triple after my ball was against a...
Sorry Erik, not really. We all know accessing weather information is a violation of the rules. When you have a device that can measure distance and access weather, I think most golfers know that the weather is off limits. As for stimpmeters, penetrometers and levels, well to bring it up is a little over the top to suggest that people will start using their phones to check the slope of the green. I think the total ban is ridiculous, and it does not even affect me. If they...
  If you're lucky enough to live in a place where the wind does not gust, then you are indeed, very lucky. I just checked my local weather. Wind speed 16km/h with 31km/h gusts from SSE. How that information would help me RIGHT NOW when it was updated 10mins ago at a weather station 13km away, well, it wouldnt help me. I look outside and the trees are barely moving. My whole point is that weather apps are essentially useless in most cases and that people simply would not...
OK, I have a smart phone, but its not an iPhone. The home page does contain weather information, but only the current temperature and if its cloudy or clear (something I can obviously figure out myself by looking up at the sky, no advantage to me there). I do have a compass I installed. Have I ever needed it for golf? No. Why would I. Im not going to get lost playing golf. Do I have access to detailed weather information?? Sure. But hey, Im outside, I know what the...
I play every Saturday, pretty much without fail. I will usually play 9 on Thursday afternoons because I need to be at the golf club anyway, but that eased off a bit leading into xmas. My dad and I play 18 just about every Friday after lunch time. Im self employed,so I can play just about every day of the week if I wanted too, even if it is just 9 holes in the afternoon. 
My goal is to just stay consistent. My goal for the end of 2010 was to get my handicap from 12 to 6. I got there but it was late January 2011. I had a massive blow out during winter but have gotten the handicap back to 6. I just want to avoid the same thing this year. 
The actual grind has a lot to do with turf interaction as well. Mizuno's triple cut soles are fantastic. 
Why cant they give people the choice of colour?? For me, the white is just obnoxious. Its bright, its loud, it screams "look at me". In all honesty, Im not loyal to one make or the other when it comes to drivers and woods, but as long as they keep making white heads, I wont be using one, which I sure TM will lose sleep over. The all black of the 910 and the Callaway Razr Black are much more appealing to me. All Im saying is just give people the choice. Wonder how much...
I have an ex demo MP67 that I rebuilt to the same spec as my current 6i (pured KBS, D1 swing weight) I play with and the 67 is not as soft as my MX200. I was also looking at upgrading which is why I toyed with the 67 to compare the numbers, but there was little to no difference. Did you use the swing DNA for shaft fitting??   
In what way?? I was tempted by the 800's, but they were not as soft as my current irons. Actually, the only club that comes close is the MP53. This is of course my personal experience only. If one club offers something more than the other, then the choice is easy. For me, I have yet to find anything that takes my game to the next level. I have not tried the MP59 yet, but its on the cards. But again, if it does not offer me anything more, then I will not be upgrading.