or Connect

Posts by turtleback

Gee it makes Tiger's 14/15 closing rate in the majors look pretty good, especially since they also include 54 hole ties as well as leads.
   This would all be a lot more convincing (your act about there not being a goat, and yu cannot compare players across eras, etc.) if every single point you make in the discussion was not pro-Jack and anti-Tiger.        No your BUT is not important.  Because the issue is using a ridiculous metric, which is what you did with 56 and what people do with 18>14.  Who is the greatest or which is best is just playing with semantics.  You are claiming that the number of games in...
 Most guys do not seal the deal when they have the 54 hole lead. I'd bet that Furyk's 10 of 17 prior to 2012 was one of the highest percents of anyone on tour not named Tiger. How many weeks in a row is it now where the 54 hole leader has not won? To me Furyk is the epitome of the guy who gets every last little bit of performance out of his talent.  
 What a great way of destroying your own point.  Because NO ONE measures who is the greatest hitter using the criteria of who had the longest hitting streak.  Hell, the year DiMaggio did it he wasn't even the best hitter that year.  In his 56 game winning streak - he hit .408 (91 for 223) during the streak while Ted Williams hit .406 for the WHOLE FRIGGIN YEAR!!.   And YOU claim that majors is the benchmark, which is why you get the charges of laziness.  How about Vardons?...
 And let us not forget that Ferguson also threw Lee Janzen under the cheating bus.  Making a mistake and suffering the penalty is not cheating.  Particularly when it is viewed by a rules official who also does not realize a rule was violated. The poster is a bigger mess than the town.
I like the whole round robin thing but I hate the back to back double rounds on Saturday and Sunday.  By the finals the guys are going to be exhausted.  I want to see the best player win, not the one with the most endurance.  
 Understand, however, that those local rules are NOT authorized by the USGA.  Yeah, one of the important things, when discussing the rules, is to be careful to use defined terms within the meaning of their specific golf-rules definition, not general meanings.
 I hardly remember this ever happening.  Sure there are fakes on FGs but extra points?  Usually the game score determines how many points to go for. I doubt they would do something this revolutionary, but how about an interior set of uprights dividing the current width into thirds.  For the extra point the kick has to be within the inner uprights. And if they wanted to get really crazy, on FG attempts award an extra point (ie., a 4 pt FG) if the FG try goes through the...
 Let's not ascribe the moral failings of women to the men they entice in order to get more money.  It isn't like women do not have the cognitive capacity to understand exactly what they are doing and why they are doing it.  They do it to make more money  Why else do you think young women would dress in an enticing manner in that environment? That does not excuse any untoward behavior they face but let's not try to make believe that women are stupid and do not know exactly...
 Nope.  It is a ridiculous statement and if Peter Kostis said it I would disagree with him.  I might disagree a little nicer, since Kostis has not spent the last 15 years or so leaving a record as a grade A a-hole.  Funny thing is, I liked Greg as a player.  But his narcissistic "LOOK AT ME" behavior, since he faded from competition has made me despise the man.   You mean like an argument that claims to have facts but cannot provide any evidence of them?  Or maybe someone...