or Connect

Posts by turtleback

Do you have any sense of what caused the over-reaction?
 Hopefully this is. Callaway claims irons are 20 yards longer.  To which I essentially respond, that is because they are comparing apples and oranges.  Yes I know loft is not the only factor, the other major factor is length.  3 things contribute to the added length - less loft, longer length, and "other stuff". I doubt all their other "other stuff" improvements amount to a hill of beans.  If the other stuff could contribute significant distance they would not have had to...
 Even though I don't know what half of that is, absolutely they would ban it, IMO.  Why wouldn't it be banned?  I think you have to read the decision I posted in the spirit of its intent.  They do not want unusual equipment used to find golf balls.
  I agree with this and, IMO, it has been a problem for Bishop.  I think it was wrong of him to inject the PGA into the anchoring ban issue, I thought it was wrong of him to inject himself into the Watson/Mickelson issue, and I thought it was incredibly wrong of him to inject himself into the Poulter/Faldo issue.  
 And, IMO, this IS on-topic because it is by breaking the pre-existing relatively constant and standard relationship between an iron's number and its loft that Callaway and the other clubmakers are being deceptive in their claim and advertisements.   Because it really is not nearly as sexy to claim that this year's 23 degree iron is longer than last year's 25 degree iron as it is to claim that this year's 5 iron is longer than last year's 5-iron. This kind of deception has...
 If it actually works to any extent, I imagine it would also be considered illegal by the USGA.
 Racists still have freedom of thought and conscience and a right of privacy.   Not so much when you reflect that the same media that hounded Dan Quayle for misspelling potato has hardly noticed the many and varied entertaining gaffes by Mr. Biden.  Ooops.  This is the problem when you try to be vindictive by playing gotcha with someone, like Poulter did to Bishop but you do it in a completely hypocritical way.  This is not going to go well for Poulter if this gets picked...
 I am surprised (or missed it - I read the thread quickly) that no one has mentioned that such balls would be illegal under the ROG if the electronic finding device is used..  Since the only possible reason for using the Prazza is the illegal use of the ball-finder I find it highly questionable and misleading for them to talk about the ball conforming to USGA rules without also mentioning that the thing you are paying all of the money for DOESN'T!!  And despite their claim...
 So doesn't that mean that there really are no such things as "standard" clubs with "standard" lofts.   Oh come on  I thought you were an engineer?  An exact measurement is confusing but an arbitrary number that has no actual definition is clear?!?!?!?!   But seriously you would adjust very very quickly.  Just like most Americans have no feel for metric measurements, but if we adopted the metric system, then before you know it you would "instinctively" know whether 137 cm....
 You are entitled to not care for the guy.  If you choose to make your reasons know, as you have, others are then entitled to consider whether your reasons justify your conclusion. It is not objectionable for you to hold your opinion, but neither is it objectionable for other people to disagree and express that disagreement.