or Connect

Posts by turtleback

What the hell are you talking about?  You are acting as if we said that a two-some has the right of way.  NO group has the right of way because of its size.  Is is Pace of Play that counts.  If there is no gap in front of you then that is it.  The 2-some has no special right to play through.  But if there is a gap they do.  It is literally THAT SIMPLE!   As far as sign you see on the course, that also has nothing to do with it.  We have seen example after example talked...
If it wasn't being hyped it wouldn't be Callaway.
 Yet thousands, nay millions, of golfers have managed to perfect this little maneuver without any apparent difficulty.  I mean, if you don;t want to do it, don;t do it.  But to claim some kind of physical impossibility for something that people do all the time is just a little, well, something.   That is the thing about cultural differences.  One person's "normal" is another person's "outrageous".  I suspect that had you been born in Venice you would not have found the...
 I would agree with this, but perhaps things are different over in the UK where the OP is from?
 I suspect there are cultural differences at play here.  Based on my daughter's observation that Paris smelled like a urinal when she was there a couple of years back I suspect Europeans have looser standards in this area than Americans.
Have they looked at the decline in the bowling and billiafd industries?  Using them as a guide for their business model seems, uh, optimistic.
 Basic rule:  know what the rules are before proclaiming what the basic rule is. The change was made in 2004 and then they had to clarify it in 2012 to specify that a single player was a group, probably because of dinosaurs trying to enforce the old 20th century rule.  As some still do. I still do NOT see the logic of giving someone priority because they are playing 18 (slowly) over a guy playing 9 (quickly).  But then again, I also do not recall a single instance where...
Huh?  Do you have any links, data, or source for this?  The only reason that cheaper balls might not last as long is that they are being played by lesser skilled players and therefore are lost at a faster rate.  I cant imagine there is any less physical durability associated with cheaper balls.  If anything I would imagine that the softer urethane covers of the more expensive balls would make them less durable.   But I cannot remember the last time I took a ball out of...
 If there is wind you should also gather up the flag itself into the hand holding the flagstick to keep it from flapping, which could be a distraction. I never heard the one about where you enter the tee box from.  I cannot think of any reason for this one so maybe it is an old superstition, as you suggested.
Oh, just stop.  You told him to buy a $30/dz illegal ball.  To a 36 capper that is waaaay too much money to pay for golf balls unless money is just no object at all. You can easily get 2 dozen balls and get back change for $30.  The argument is the same if the capper is paying $20 more or $30 more.  The money s far better spent playing ,practicing, or getting instruction. Not to mention that it is illegal.  And your concern about the capper someday noticing that different...