or Connect

Posts by turtleback

No.  Someone has to stand for maturity, class, and treating ALL women with a modicum of respect.  Maybe some folks on the thread do not have moms, wives, or daughters, but some of us do and find it disgusting the way women are being talked about here.  Panties get in a bunch if someone says some one "threw like  girl" but that is far less offensive than some of the comments made in this thread.  I'll defend to the death your right to say these things, but I will also...
I have no idea whether the story is true or not.  What I do know is that there are a surprising number of immature misogynistic pigs posting in this thread who never got past the junior high school level when it comes to how they talk about women.   You know who you are.
 We are not a democracy and we do not have national votes about things.  We used to be a Constitutional Representative Republic.  Now we have seemed to descend into a mobocracy fueled by bullying Social Justice Terrorists, and aided and abetted by cowards. It is all ad hoc and orchestrated for political purposes.  How else could we explain how one of the campaign symbols used by the liberal party to promote the Clinton-Gore ticket in 1992 become so anathema that now stores...
 Keep up what you are doing and ignore what the other folks are doing or saying about their scores.  And I strongly disagree with the advice you have been given about ignoring the rules.  You will never get better if you are constantly avoiding the challenges of golf rather than embracing them and overcoming them.  Every golfer gets to the point where they decide to follow the rules or not follow the rules.  Occasional transgressions are one thing (your drop, for example -...
 Alas, not an allowable local rule. Bankruptcy will take a little longer, but will do the job.
No. If your ball is not in the bunker you are free to ground your club anywhere you like
 I agree with this sentiment.  When they start holding British Opens on parkland courses, then they should re-visit CB with the US Open.   But that was clearly an aberration, as it played very linksy the year Tiger on there without using his driver.   I agree with this as well.  I fear that much as I like what he has done in past years, Mike Davis is getting very close to jumping the shark.  I cannot help having a sneaking suspicion that he likes the limelight a little too...
 Bingo.  If Steve Williams tried to caddy for Ben Hogan the way he does Adam Scott I suspect Ben would hit him over the head with his sand wedge on the third tee and then never hit into a sand trap for the rest of the round.
[[SPOILER]]
 For me the biggest short putt choke has to be Sam Snead missing a 30 inch putt to lose to Lew Worsham to lose a US Open playoff on the 18th green.  What makes it particularly significant is that it was his best opportunity to win the US Open and thereby complete a career grand slam, something he was never able to achieve.  I think if you give Snead a career grand slam to go along with the rest of his records and he vaults into the GOAT discussion (assuming it hasn't been...