or Connect

Posts by turtleback

See, Johnny Miller was right about choking all along.  
 Exactly.  When someone says "So your assertion is . . . " and they do not follow that with EXACTLY what the other person said then they are putting words in their mouth and creating a false straw man.  Whether or not that is their intent.
 Maybe it is a silly question, but if you have always had problems with hybrids why would you want to replace you 5-wood with one? Also I think it is more typical for players (at least amateurs) to replace long irons with hybrids, not replace fairway woods with them, since it is long irons that many amateurs find difficult to hit.  
In a similar vein, popping water balloons in zero gravity:  
 I will add my agreement as well.  I think a big part of the problem is that the original pair of pictures were terrible for comparison purposes.  Lighting and posture distorted how the "now" Dufner looked.  Personally, based on the bigger, clearer pictures I think he not only looks fit and healthy, I think the new leaner version of his face is better looking as well.
  It isn't funny and it isn't witty or clever.  It is more like that cartoon where one guy says, "The erection of that building took 3 years", and the other guy says "You said the word erection" - guffaw, guffaw, guffaw.   I'll make you a deal.  I'll lighten up if you grow up.
 That is true, but that is just about as likely as Wolfgang Puck becoming the next Scotty Cameron.   Yeah, it does.  
That's what I get for trying to be a smart aleck.
 I heard that too.  Right in the first sentence of the Golf Digest article that the OP displayed.  
 If they string out the timing of the captain's picks they get more bites at the Golf Channel publicity apple.  Each separate event announcing picks can be the subject of a special presentation of the announcement followed by hours upon hours of analysis" and commentary.  Why do it only once when you can do it 2 or 3 times?