or Connect

Posts by Saxguy102

It's been awhile since my last entry, but let me dive back in.   After that last round, I wasn't pissed, just frustrated.  My first round with new irons was awful.  I couldn't hit a solid shot at all and it was probably my worst ball-striking round in 5+ years.  Thin, fat, heel, toe, I was all over the place.  And all this after an awesome range session witht he new sticks.  So I decided to head back to the range before my next round to try again.  I started out...
So after an awesome practice session, I teed it up 3 days later with my new irons (still no new driver).  I thought for sure I'd have a fantastic round.  Quite honestly, it was one of the most disappointing rounds I've ever had.    I played at Lansbrook again on a nice day, went through my normal routine and set out to the first tee ready to break in the MBs.   Course:  Lansbrook  (Course Link) Tees:  Gold (Tips) Yardage:  6,846 Rating:  73.3 Slope:  131 I...
I finally got my new irons and was excited to get out on the range to hit them a few times before taking to the course.  My driver didn't come in on time (dangit), but I figured swingingthe new irons would be enough.  I headed to the range for a practice session for the first time since my goal setting.  I took my old 6 iron just to compare in a side by side flight at the range.   I warmed up with some gap wedges to loosen up and make sure I was swinging alright...
After a week or two off from playing due to family matters I teed it up for one last round with my 990s and 983K before my new sticks came in.  One last walk with sticks that had seen me go to as low as a 3 handicap before the changing of the guard.  I played a course that has always given me fits and hoped to conquer it.  Well, I had no such luck.   Course:  Lansbrook  (Course Link) Tees:  Gold (Tips) Yardage:  6,846 Rating:  73.3 Slope:  131   First...
Being pretty sold on the irons, I started to focus on the replacement to my 983K.  I was pretty long with the 983K but had not gotten fit for the shaft (though I did dem0 3 different shafts over a month to help me decide) and wanted to make sure I had the best equipment I could.  The first fitting I went to was outdoor, but no launch monitor by the same guy who did my iron fitting.  Through the process he put me in the D3 head, 8.5 degree and we started on the A1...
That first round trying to get back into the game didn't go well.  I suppose I should also mention that my wife was about to have our first kid, so getting to the range to practice was virtually impossible.  And in fact, my son was born 2 days after that last round, so it took me awhile to get back out onto the course.  I would hit the range for 20-30 minute quick sessions and to demo some new clubs.  I wanted to get new irons.  Though I loved  my 990s, I always wanted a...
So I promised some actual golf details, and they'll be in this post.  This round took place in early February 2011 on a rainy, wet, somewhat cold day.  This was before I put any specific goals in place other than just wanting to get out and play more.  This would be the first round with the GolfShot GPS to track stats and such.  I played alongside my dad and brother.  I'm a little foggy on some details since it was 2 months ago, but will do my best to fill in the gaps...
I got fit this year for the first time and it's produced great results.  My scores are coming around, but the ability to consistently make proper contact is awesome.  Mine are 2 degrees upright and its made a world of difference. 
I had always tracked stats when I played golf.  Score (obviously), fairways hit, greens hit, and putts were the norm.  I usually kept them on the scorecard but generally paid very little attention to them in my practice sessions or future rounds.  I decided that keeping this information and actually using it would be a good way to see where I was losing shots and how I could fix any issues I was having.   So after my previous few rounds (detailed in last post) in the...
As the calendar flipped to 2011, I got a sudden urge to get out and play more.  Now, I live in Florida so outside of rain I'm never really restricted by weather.  Of course, the flipside is that 50 degree weather to us (me) seems frigid.  So with the new year upon us and cold weather (for Florida) here, I tried to get out and play a few rounds with my brother and dad.    I try and get to the course at least an hour early and often try for 90 minutes.  I'll meet up...