or Connect

Posts by Roblar

Long day -- just getting back to this now.  Thanks for the replies all -- lots of good food for thought.   Long story short, I think it's time to start playing more courses (it's just so easy to stay close to home)! ...And to learn how to hit a drive reasonably straight!
Help me!   I want an accurate handicap, and I feel like for me to get one, I would need to start sandbagging since my course seems to be easier than its rating.   Seriously!*   Long story short: My course is easy, and whenever I go somewhere else, my scores suck. My course is making me look better than I am, and my handicap is not representative of my skill. I feel that my handicap would be more accurate if I were to enter scores as if I am playing more forward...
well... one more: I feel unlucky with 14 clubs in the bag, so I almost always play with only 13. I usually take out the 3-wood.
If you can find a course that is rated as being much more difficult than it actually is that will shave off a few strokes too!   ...I say this because I believe it to be true of my home course, and, at least in terms of my handicap, I think it makes a 3-4 difference.  There's no way I'm a single digit, but my handicap says I am...
...and total speculation on my part, but: Bishop was out of line, but for him to actually be fired, I think that says that his 'bosses' were already unhappy with him.  Maybe only in parts, but if they were anything more than content, I think he would have kept his job -- or, at the very least, it would have taken more time for him to lose his job. I'm guessing this was just the incident that allowed them to axe him - and not some 'out-of-the-blue' case of (very) poor...
 It seems to me that this makes for appropriate reading:https://medium.com/human-parts/douchebag-the-white-racial-slur-weve-all-been-waiting-for-a2323002f85d
83. I was up near 90 the last few times out, so that's good for me, but I thought I would be much happier - only three over through 9.  :(
I plan to remain homeless.  ...though I do spend plenty of time day-dreaming about joining one of the four clubs nearby....
I have about ten ball marks. I won't use the same one two rounds in a row. And I organize them based on the score I shot with them - lowest score goes furthest to the right. (I tend not to use the ball marks on the left so much...)   I won't add up a score until the end of a round, and I prefer not to know my score while I play.  (I'm still bad enough that I usually have lost track before too long.)   I start every round with a new ball. If I lose it, I play an old...
Baseball. ...and I'm *not* a good putter.