or Connect

Posts by Roblar

I've hit at a lit range -- it's really easy to see the ball in the light against a dark sky.  Kind of cool - and I'd love to try this out.   I've never tried the glow-balls either - that might be fun once or twice.
Definitely still looking for my first hole-in-one...   But I have a 270-300 yard par-4 (depending on where the tees are), and for three months out of the year it has a tailwind....  got a couple of eagles there.   I'm still under 5 total though.  :(
Soccer guy.   bigsoccer.com   I mainly just lurk in the 'USMNT' and 'YANKS ABROAD' forums.
83.  ...or about 50 more than the wind speed...   36 putts including a 4-putt. Yuck.   Drives were all over the place - from 175-290 (based mostly on the wind).   But it might have been the last warm day before winter and I had fun!
20-25 today.  Not too bad by Oklahoma standards, but any time it gets near to 20 (or above) it gets in my head.
87.   Not the best day for me.  Not the way I wanted to celebrate my first 'real' handicap in the single digits.    On the other hand, 20-25 mph winds made for some fun drives: two drives under 200yards, three in the 270s, and one that made it to 322 (!).  (FYI: I average ~240.)
8.7   20th round hit the card this revision, so this is my first 'real' handicap.  I had three good rounds back in summer that are keeping me at a single digit. Should go up to 12-13 by the time winter is through...   Happy to be a 'single digit'.  Not really believing it though.
Long day -- just getting back to this now.  Thanks for the replies all -- lots of good food for thought.   Long story short, I think it's time to start playing more courses (it's just so easy to stay close to home)! ...And to learn how to hit a drive reasonably straight!
Help me!   I want an accurate handicap, and I feel like for me to get one, I would need to start sandbagging since my course seems to be easier than its rating.   Seriously!*   Long story short: My course is easy, and whenever I go somewhere else, my scores suck. My course is making me look better than I am, and my handicap is not representative of my skill. I feel that my handicap would be more accurate if I were to enter scores as if I am playing more forward...
well... one more: I feel unlucky with 14 clubs in the bag, so I almost always play with only 13. I usually take out the 3-wood.