or Connect

Posts by Roblar

81.    Another chip-in. ...but at least this time I hit 7 fairways (and several of my misses weren't bad at all).   Just under 40F at tee off - 60F by the end.  And the round was free too!
I love soccer - especially when played at a high level.   I loved playing soccer before injuries.  ...and soccer injuries took me to golf - which I also enjoy!   Having played makes it easier for me to appreciate how much skill the top players have, especially their touch and passing.   I also think NFL makes a great sofa sport (especially when you record it and can fast-forward through all the delays/commercials/etc.).   Soccer, on the other hand, is much better...
82.   ...but it should have been about 4 or 5 strokes higher - I chipped in twice (both for pars), and I missed all but one fairway (some by a whole lot).   ...40F when I teed off.  Finished in 2:15. :)
I've hit at a lit range -- it's really easy to see the ball in the light against a dark sky.  Kind of cool - and I'd love to try this out.   I've never tried the glow-balls either - that might be fun once or twice.
Definitely still looking for my first hole-in-one...   But I have a 270-300 yard par-4 (depending on where the tees are), and for three months out of the year it has a tailwind....  got a couple of eagles there.   I'm still under 5 total though.  :(
Soccer guy.   bigsoccer.com   I mainly just lurk in the 'USMNT' and 'YANKS ABROAD' forums.
83.  ...or about 50 more than the wind speed...   36 putts including a 4-putt. Yuck.   Drives were all over the place - from 175-290 (based mostly on the wind).   But it might have been the last warm day before winter and I had fun!
20-25 today.  Not too bad by Oklahoma standards, but any time it gets near to 20 (or above) it gets in my head.
87.   Not the best day for me.  Not the way I wanted to celebrate my first 'real' handicap in the single digits.    On the other hand, 20-25 mph winds made for some fun drives: two drives under 200yards, three in the 270s, and one that made it to 322 (!).  (FYI: I average ~240.)
8.7   20th round hit the card this revision, so this is my first 'real' handicap.  I had three good rounds back in summer that are keeping me at a single digit. Should go up to 12-13 by the time winter is through...   Happy to be a 'single digit'.  Not really believing it though.