or Connect

Posts by Roblar

Forgot that scene --- I LOL'ed.
My best score is 73. I played by the rules, but it is only about 70% legit.   Why?   Because I play such an easy and forgiving course: short, wide-open, no real 'rough' to speak of.  I only hit three fairways, and several of my drives were so bad that I found the adjacent fairway.  Not only that, but I was playing from the white tees (67.7 / 114: 5790yds), and I'm guessing some of the tees were up a bit.   So... yeah, I shot 73 and followed the rules. But I...
34.3 for the last 12 months. 36 since I began about 3 years ago.  Don't think it means much other than... I'm not a great putter.  It would be even worse if I hit more greens.   Seems to me that the better measure here would be putts per GIR or some combo of putts + GIR.   Or just putting percentage by distance.  ...maybe add in distance to the hole after first putt (from a few ranges)...   But I don't keep those stats.
My typical routine at the course I play: Arrive around 6:30. Check in / pay. Walk to tee. Two practice swings and then: doink!   If I have a tee-time, I'll show up close 10-15 minutes early, and I might hit a few putts before playing.   There's a course I've played that bumps you if you don't arrive 20 min before your tee time, so I arrive 20-25 minutes early when I play there.   I'm not much for warming up, I guess.
I've got two (okay, actually three, but...) full sets of irons at the house now --  Hogan BH5 and Hogan Apex Plus.  I play with the Apex Plus irons and practice with the BH-5s.  I haven't worried about it because the clubs were both 'standard' sets and relatively cheap (under $200), and I've never had issues switching from the range to the course. (Actually, I usually play better than I practice.)   Once I get fit into clubs, I worry about playing with a 'fitted' set...
I'm planning to get fit for clubs sometime within the next three months.  I'm already excited about the clubs, and I know I'll be over-protective of them for quite a while.   The problem: I won't want to use my clubs at the range.   Question #1: Do any of you order extra 'fitted clubs' for the range? Is that a crazy idea?   I'm thinking of getting a duplicate 6 iron (or 7 iron) and wedge (probably a 52) for the range.  (My typical range routine involves...
95 yesterday. 78 today.
Have I missed the trackman stats somewhere?
Do you want new clubs?   I used scores as a way of letting myself get new stuff.  I bought a new set of irons when I broke 100, but I didn't let myself use them until I broke 90.   Got a new driver when I broke 80.   I promised myself a nice putter (Edel, I hope) when I broke 80 the second time.   I'm going to get fit for clubs as soon as possible (cause I broke 75).  (21 month old and another one the way - due next week - so I have used my free time for...
37 guitars!?    At home, I have nearly three complete sets (only two putters, but three drivers, three sets of irons, several woods, several wedges). I would like to get rid of two of them and then buy a new set. :)   At my parents place out in CA, I've got more than one complete set: two bags, two putters, two drivers (12 & 9.5), a 3-PW,  and 52, 56, 60 degree wedges. If someone else wants to play, we just split the irons odds & evens, and each bag gets a driver...