or Connect

Posts by Roblar

My uncle couldn't resist the Warrior 'deal'.  And then he gave me the putter he got from them along with a bunch of golf balls. I keep them in a bag I have out at my grandmothers.  The putter is fine, and the golf balls seem like decent mid-range balls.   I plan on ignoring anything I get from Warrior Golf, but from what I've seen, their products are of a 'fair-to-reasonable' quality. (Note: I'm not saying they're 'really good' --- just that they're not 'really...
83 on Monday - 85 today.
Unlimited balls, so I hit a lot and I hit them quick.   I spend about 40 minutes at the chipping green (chipping and putting on the convex green that next to nobody uses), then I walk to the driving range and hit about 200 in 45 min to an hour.   I almost always spend the first 20 minutes or so just hitting a pitching wedge or my 52 to different distances. There are four 'greens' I can aim at in the 30-120 yard range, and I try to hit each of them in succession....
I have 6-dozen ProV1s that have been given over the past three years by family. I have almost 2-dozen Hogan Apex Tour balls that I *really like* and that I bought blind online because they were just over $1 ball and I had just set up a 100% Hogan bag. I've got 1-dozen each of: Bridgestone RXS, Srixon Soft-feel, Wilson Smartcore, and Nike Mojo (half of a 24-box).   ...I still *look* at other golf balls, but I kind of need to use the ones I have before buying...
I think I'd be okay with just 100, 150, 200, 250 markers in the center of the fairway.  I like having a more prominent marker at 150 --- the course I usually play has the 150-stakes in the center of the fairway.    I kind of like the way some courses will plant bushes at the edge of the fairway at 150 instead of a plastic stake -- kind of neat.    I appreciate yardages on the sprinkler heads, but I'm happy to pace off distances from 100, 150, 200  -- my game is...
BOOMER SOONER! I want a NC run, but I expect either 9-3 or 10-2.  ...especially after losing two key parts of the offensive line this week.  :(    I'm also a bit partial to Michigan - got family and friends with connections there.
None of the above.  I'm just inconsistent --- more of a 'wobbly top'. :)
I live in Oklahoma, but my family (and wife's family) is in the Bay Area, and I get out there about twice a year (and keep a bag out there).   I'll second Tilden and Shoreline -- I like those.   I've been thinking about going to Crystal Springs for a while. Heard good things, but I've never gone.   Oklahoma is flat, so I really enjoy playing Lake Chabot. If you haven't played there, you really should (at least once).  It's crazy vertical. (And 18 is a par-6...
My favorite ball is the Hogan Apex Tour.  I bought 24 on ebay for not too much (less that $2/ball) a while ago, and I really like them. I may try to track down some more of them. Anyone else ever play these?   --My family keep giving me ProV1s, so I have a bunch of those. --I won some Bridgestone RX-S's, so I have some of them. --I like the Srixon Soft-Feel.   I carry one of each of those in my bag -- plus an assortment of slightly used balls.  I start my...
This just shows that the ever-fluctuating exchange rate of real-world yards to internet-yards has risen to something like 1 to 1.4.