or Connect

Posts by Roblar

...and I think I was the *only* person who had Oosthuizen...   
Quote: ...I did this about three times today.    I guess I'll go cancel the tee-time I booked for us... ;)    
Shot 85.    Crazy round. Started with a quad-9, added two triples, a double, and a bogey by the end of the 8th hole.  Then I hit a rich vein of form: birdie, birdie, par, par, and I ended up playing the back 9 at 3-over.    I was so disappointed after the first hole, but I was really happy after the 18th.  I like it when it works that way!    
My best round ever (6 over) was when I had to play the back-9 twice because they were aerating the front 9.  I've like the aeration season ever since!
I grew up playing soccer and surfing.  I pretty much looked at golf as a joke.    Flash forward: I work in Oklahoma (no surfing ) and my ankle injuries have caught up with me. I can't run or my ankle gives out on me (to the point where I can't walk for about three or four days). Needed something to do for exercise, but I couldn't run and swimming in a pool is boring.   Spent two years feeling sorry for myself, and making excuses to my neighbor every time he...
It's funny, but I always forget.  We meet up about two or three times a year, and I'm always excited to go out and play a round.  Usually ends up with me needing another few months to forget...    
I have a lot of family in the Bay Area, so I head there about twice a year, and I always try to play Lake Chabot. Very unique - love the par-6 18th!   ...though, in the spirit of this thread, I slice the ball OB on my second shot just about every time I play the 18th.  Funny thing is, it's so steep downhill, I'd probably get the ball to go almost as far using either  a PW or a 3-iron.  
Played Lake Chabot in Oakland two years ago after a couple of days with rain. Hit a drive pretty nicely and watched it land in the middle of the fairway --- then never found the ball.  It was embedded somewhere in the fairway.  That's a crappy penalty...   On a par 3, I hit some part of the hole (flagstick? cup?) and the ball bounced high over the back of the green and out-of-bounds.  Still the closest I've ever come to a hole-in-one, but... it kind of sucked.
Oosthuizen -12 Hunter Mahan -10 Schwartzel -9
Familiarity really does breed contempt.   My #1 peeve is exactly the 'flaw' in my regular playing partner. He is the line-it-up, four-practice-swings, oops!, step back, and start-over guy.  And yes, then he tops it or chunks it, and 35 yards later, we're doing the same thing again.  Drives me nuts.   My second biggest pet peeve is ...my brother.  He's the 'angry-golfer' guy.  He has the swing speed of a pro, so several times a round he hits absolutely amazing...