or Connect

Posts by Roblar

This just shows that the ever-fluctuating exchange rate of real-world yards to internet-yards has risen to something like 1 to 1.4.
But isn't this the point?  As with civil rights / race 'debates' in the 60's, this *is* bigotry.  Is there a grey area for nuance there?  The anti-gay-marriage side certainly can't say, "You disagree with my opinion? Well, you're a hateful bigot."  What?  I guess "Well, you're a progressive, bleeding-heart liberal who cares about social justice!" just doesn't have quite the right ring to it...   The irony to me is that most of the 'christian' right that is supporting...
The first time I played: 9-hole par-3 course, and I shot 69. I'd never been to a range at that point, but I pured about three shots, and I was hooked. The first time I played a full-length course: 119.
85. First ever eagle!
I play a PW ('E' since it's an Apex Plus -- apparently 46), then I have a 52 and a 58 (which I rarely, rarely use).   I try to play as many wedge shots as I can with the 52, and I spend about a quarter of my range time just hitting the 52 to different distances (and despite spending all that time on it, I still have no consistency).  I'll use the 58 from the sand or if I have very little green to work with (and if I can't just bounce the ball on the green with a 9,...
I actually disagree with this.  In my view, golf is great because you get to achieve perfection 18 times!  The goal is to get the ball to the bottom of the cup, and on the last shot of every hole you achieve that --- that last shot is always perfect!   For the OP: if you want to feel good about the time you put into something, I'd suggest working for social justice.
No Jekyll and Hyde?
Forgot that scene --- I LOL'ed.
My best score is 73. I played by the rules, but it is only about 70% legit.   Why?   Because I play such an easy and forgiving course: short, wide-open, no real 'rough' to speak of.  I only hit three fairways, and several of my drives were so bad that I found the adjacent fairway.  Not only that, but I was playing from the white tees (67.7 / 114: 5790yds), and I'm guessing some of the tees were up a bit.   So... yeah, I shot 73 and followed the rules. But I...
34.3 for the last 12 months. 36 since I began about 3 years ago.  Don't think it means much other than... I'm not a great putter.  It would be even worse if I hit more greens.   Seems to me that the better measure here would be putts per GIR or some combo of putts + GIR.   Or just putting percentage by distance.  ...maybe add in distance to the hole after first putt (from a few ranges)...   But I don't keep those stats.