or Connect

Posts by Roblar

Tilden Steam Train - NICE!  I go there about twice a year with the kids when visiting family in Oakland. You play Tilden too?
I'll add a third voice to the Lake Chabot par-6.  It's a fun hole - looks more like a ski-slope in summer to me.  It's slightly downhill for about 250 yards, and then it takes a steep dive straight downhill for the next 250-300 yards.  The last 80-90 yards are straight uphill again.  If you can hit it further than 250 on the drive, you've got a chance to get a good bounce and roll down the hill.  If you can hit driver over 260, chances are you could hit 3-wood far enough...
...got me a fitting this Saturday.  Really curious to see how it goes.
89. ...And I sucked - hardly hit a shot the way I planned it. On the other hand, I was the first guy on the course, and I got around in 2:10 without rushing. (Just: hit the ball, walk to the ball, hit the ball.)
87. Could easily have been an 81. ...or a 91.   One triple.  Otherwise, just a bunch of bogeys - very few pars.
87.  Snowman on 18.   :(   Oh well. Can't wait to play the next round!
Hah!  I started playing golf after the umpteenth sprained ankle from soccer.  (Ended up needing surgery to repair the ligaments.)  It took me about two years - maybe three before I even gave golf a try.  As soon as I did, I was hooked.  Just keep asking.  Eventually, they'll say, "Yes." and if they have a bit of athletic ability, chances are they'll hit one or two shots well and be hooked.
I need the exercise. (I walk.)     ...and I'm an addict.
I like to focus on a blade of grass about half an inch to an inch in front of the ball.  ...at least, that's what I try to do. I catch myself 'ball-watching' a lot  with the driver.
I'm not any of them, but I play with the guy who walks across your line a lot.  ...and I'm often paired with "old dude".   I would be "the guy who forgets to be social because I'm too interested in just playing golf."