or Connect

Posts by cart7

diKKweed?   I doubt anybody that's hit a car on a GC lot or road intentionally did it.    I'm surprised GC's don't do more to protect patron cars in their lots when those lots are close to tee areas or along the lines of fairways.
Seems as though the OP was impatient and the course by no means was obligated to refund his money due to his actions.   The HS golfers were on 3 - 7 when he was just starting on 2,  first, he was in no way obligated to allow the women to play ahead (I wouldn't have) and if necessary, he could've allowed them to join in.   By the time he would've caught up to the tail end of the HS kids, it might've been the 4th hole. I've seen HS kids play golf, they're usually...
I played from my mid/late teens to my early 20's.  mid 1970's to around 1985.   Then I quit and took the game back up 2 years ago.   The differences I see.   Quite a few of the older courses in the St Louis area where I live have closed.  They've been replace though with more courses. Definitely a net gain of golf courses.   Back then, there where more 9 hole golf courses around.  How many 9 hole courses are built anymore?   I'm sure there may have...
Hit my playing partner once years ago.  Dead shanked a ball that went at a 45 degree angle from where I was aiming.  He was only about 10 yds in front but way off to the side.   It left a mark that's for sure. 
  Good description.  I was never able to afford a good persimmon in the day.  They were a softer feel when you'd hit the sweet spot as compared to the laminated woods which were all the rest.   As for distance.  I was playing a set of Wilson 1300's in the day.  I self taught myself Jacks swing which appeared in Golf Digest in the early 80's.  I was easily getting out around 275 - 280 and with a trailing breeze and if I got really cranked around, I drove to the fringe on a...
I have an old Acushnet bullseye blade putter.  I should try using that again.   
Holly just mentioned on morning drive about a week ago that she had resigned another contract with the Golf Channel.  
Move the ball further back in your stance. For me that's about midway.  You really want to be making club/ball contact first, it sounds like you're probably hitting it fat (striking the ground first)  Choke down a little on the club, 1/2" to 3/4", this helps with control along with compacting the swing slightly.  On the practice range, using the above, take a slower swing until you start to see that ball first contact.  If you're swinging to hard you may be going back on...
  How many weekend warriors have had good instruction in the game of golf, especially their swing?  Most of them are doing good to make good ball contact from good lies, start making them hitting it where it lays and they'll be chopping and hacking down the fairway at a snails pace, even slower than they already are.   My only point being, many of those guys don't even have a clue as to what their handicap is, they don't care.  They're out with their buddies having fun...
  A typical weekend golfer doesn't carry a 4.8 handicap like yourself.  More like 20 + and that's when he fluffs lies, takes multiple mulligans, etc.  Those guys are doing good to make good contact with the golf ball in an ideal lie, start asking them to play off deadpan, out of divots, weeds, heavy rough, etc and they'll be hitting even worse, getting frustrated which will only lead to even more bad shots.