or Connect

Posts by cart7

When it comes to working, I'm best in the morning, the earlier the better.  As for golf.  Amazingly I've found that my best rounds have always been started in mid - late afternoon.  Mornings aren't my bag apparently.
  And there's already enough complaints about slow play on a typical course, especially on the weekends.  Can you imagine what it would be like if everybody played it as it lay?   Slow play amplified. 
You haven't played in 10 years?  I hadn't played in 25.  The advances in golf ball construction are simply amazing.  Like you, back then you had the choice of the "tour" balls, Balata covered but would barely last a few holes before the cover got damaged or the Surlyn covered rocks of the day, which was just about everything else.   My suggestion would either be pick a selection up from a yard/garage sale or go golf ball picking the next time you're out and try a...
  Yep, I'll stick in the basket behind the seats.  Usually the person will wind up back tracking and claim his/her club.  Otherwise I turn it into the marshal if ones comes by or the clubhouse after the round ends. 
If I'm playing a tournament, which is rare or playing for a true score, I play by the rules.   Otherwise, I will improve my lie if the ball sits on ground that would normally be GUR.  That said, I've got problems with my hands and wrists, attempting to play out of some lies risks not only my club but damage to my arms, wrists and hands,  I'll fluff in those instances.    Honestly, the average once a week golfer has a hard enough time mastering the game, if he's...
When I played last some 25 years ago I was scaring upper 70's rounds most of the time.   What got me there?  36-45 holes a week along with at least an hour on the range each week.   1. Driving.  I was long, 275 + with a wood!  But it was my accuracy along with a predictable ball flight that made the difference.  Distance does help but accuracy and keeping the ball in play in the fairway along with properly playing each hole is the key.  Not every hole requires...
To be fair to the seller, they were patient with you.  You indicated in an above post that you were going to request additional pictures before you made up your mind.   I can tell you now that if that set of clubs appeared on my local Craigslist they'd be gone... FAST.  Somebody would be more than willing to drive over, with nothing more than the info given and pay cash on the barrel head, no additional info or pictures needed.. That's how craigslist works.  It's first...
At a 20 handicap, you'd be better off spending club money on a decent set of lessons.  Those Cobra clubs should easily be good enough to get you into the 6-10 handicap range.  Only after you've gotten to that level should you consider changing clubs IMO.
A few ideas.   go ball hunting the next time you're on the course and experiment with some you've found.   Hit yard or garage sales, especially in subdivisions adjoining golf courses.  Those often have golf balls for sale they've found in their yards that you can get for as little as a dime apiece.  Buy several different brands and try them out.   You could also buy them from the used ball bins at your local courses pro shop.  You pay more for them but there...
Womens golf balls just won't work unless you properly accessorize the rest of your attire.