or Connect

Posts by cart7

I probably play around 4 - 7 rounds a month on average.  I got a deal-deal on a membership at a course that's 20 miles from my house.  It's not even a good course (very rough around the edges).  That said,  I still tend to stay there, the more I play the lower my average cost over the year works out to.  As it looks now, by the end of the year that deal will wind up costing me around $14 a round, cart included. 
I've only played Tamarack and Yorktown, both in Illinois.  Both are much older Dye courses.  Yorktown is a par 3 course.  Both are nicer courses that are interesting and challenging but hardly what I'd call unfair or overly difficult. 
I like these    
As someone who picked the game back up after 25 years,  I was really having problems making consistent ball strikes with woods or irons.  As someone who was formerly an 8 handicapper,  I felt like I was overpowering this new equipment with an old swing style.  Attempting to learn the newer swing styles with quieter feet and less left to right weight shift has been difficult.    My old swing style, BTW,  was very similar to Nicklaus's that Jack worked with Grout with...
A day in the life of Steve Williams, Super Caddie RICHARD HINDS 7am: Knock on Adam's hotel room door and prepare to pull him from beneath a pile of hookers and cocktail waitresses. But he is showered, dressed and ready to go. Strange behaviour for a top-flight player, but it's not up to a humble servant like me to judge. 7.30am: Stuck in heavy traffic on our way to the course. Leap out of courtesy car and, after some flexing of the old Kiwi muscles, the paramedics...
Having a round where I'm dropping putts in one or two but taking 2 + shots over the greens in regulation or Soundly striking the ball, hitting greens in regulation or maybe one extra shot only to be completely unable to find the hole with my putter.
Nothing in the pockets but a marker and divot tool. I started using a glove for the first time last year. I'm not sold on them. Full hats, forget it. Visors are OK. No sunglasses. I will tee a ball on a par 3 but only if it's a tee laying in the box already, I won't use a perfectly good tee if none are available. I'd rather just lay the ball down and make the best lie possible. When I pull the flag, I always put the pin end down first with the flag staff in the...
 A bass fishermen here. Gave up golf in the early 80's to bass fish even though I had gotten down to an 8 handicap.Take advantage of you tube video's and a subscription to one of the golf magazines. There is a tremendous amount of learning info available that wasn't around 20 years ago. Virtually every issue those golf mags have a stop action section focusing on one the pro's swings. Take the mag to the range and Emulate one of them. As for a few tips to help...
 Then again, this is a game that's supposed to be fun. Telling a new golfer that he must play the ball as it lies and hack it out of 3" deep Bermuda rough is a sure way to ruin their enjoyment. Or making them hit it off a hardpan lie or divot in the middle of the fairway. The interest level will remain higher early on if a player is allowed those on course gimme's so his ability to make a more successful shot from that slightly improved lie is allowed. Instruct him/her...
 Yep. Trying to correct a swing problem with the ball is going at the problem from the wrong end. Fix the swing then modify trajectory with the ball.