or Connect

Posts by golfernc

beau f-   try using a 3 wood when doing this, it has more loft....and most people need more loft.   If your successful at it, then try it with your driver....if it slices hard on you, then its actually a good thing, as you know you were doing the correct thing in your swing. ( you will just need to change the driver)  Good Luck!
I would agree with everyone else. Its one of, if not the most important fundamental in golf.  This is how you keep your balance, and if your off balance then your shots can be all over the place.  Slice is very typical, and honestly from that position the ball can go anywhere...so you will never learn from your shots, which is how you teach yourself to play golf. Also understand that your equipment will effect where the ball goes...so don't learn how to golf by watching...
Not transferring his weight. This will happen a lot when a person hangs back. Never getting to the left side all the way.  Watch him at impact, look at his feet....are they flat? Look at tour pros at impact and their right foot is already off the ground at impact, meaning they have already shifted their weight. Most amateurs hang back because the equipment is to strong for them, so they try to add loft and control the ball this way. A slice is very typical of low loft on...
Do you feel like right now you have two completely different swings ( iron swing, wood swing)?  Also, when you were playing your best did you feel like you had two very different swings? 
another thing to note: loft on the driver and woods.....what are you playing right now? I swear this is all I talk about on this forum, but I think many people are not aware of the effects that loft will have on them.  If you do start getting to your left side ( assuming your not right now) as the above poster mentioned, which is ideally you would like to do. Then keep in mind IF the lofts of your woods are low, and your ss is not real high then the club will slice on...
I would agree with the other poster, loft is probably your problem. Actually I would say that most likely its a good thing that its not going high....meaning your not adding loft in your swing, which is good. So don't compensate by trying to lift the ball up, instead let the club do the work. Your current club just has to low of loft for you, so adjust it to the highest setting and see what happens. Why did you switch clubs in the first place? 
I agree with the poster above about not trying to manipulate the clubs to make them work. You should also not manipulate your swing to make the club work.  Thing you should consider: If you do not have enough SS then a lower lofted driver will slice on you if your putting a good swing on it. Its designed to do that with a slower SS. If your iron lies are off they will make you compensate in certain ways as well. Many times people with lie problems will see it mostly in...
If you do not have extremely high ss then that driver you have is a great one! I would stick with that.  
Do you know your SS? What loft do you have on your driver? Were your irons fitted to you? 
New clubs of "whatever" will not help you anymore then your current clubs if they are the same lie/loft/length/shaft.  If you can get dynamically fit to your current clubs, and have them adjusted; then you would be much better off then getting a brand new set of "whatever" that are not dynamically fit to you.   I like what delav said about getting some lessons, and having the pro make sure your equipment is not hurting you.      Being a beginner, you will actually...