or Connect

Posts by golfernc

Your driver might not be what it says it is... 
I have never heard of bwgolf. But If they are fitting you dynamically, and taking into account your swing; then It could be a great option! Wishon is a great company, great components.  Many people get caught up in thinking if they get a new set of the newest "whatever" clubs, that they will fix their problems. However they are no better then off the rack wall mart clubs, unless they are dynamically fit to you.  There are many smaller companies that customize/fit clubs...
how do you hit a 3 wood? 
That happens a lot when you get fit without someone also looking at your swing.  So should a lower SS play that low of loft...you can, but it just means your swing will have to compensate for clubs that are way to strong for you.  Loft is good....get your swing in balance then get a driver with enough loft to be able to actually make that swing and get rewarded for it.  Find a teacher/fitter and that's how to be fit properly.    Never buy clubs to compensate for...
When you get fit, you should make sure they are also looking at your swing as well.  So a really great fitter will make sure your in your best athletic motion then fit you to clubs to promote that.Basically to get fit properly and not waste your money you should have someone who is a teacher/fitter fit you.  Ping does a pretty good job at this, so if your going to buy "big OEM" equipment I would say they are the best.  Getting fit to compensate swing flaws is the worst...
Something to consider.....a 9 degree driver is a very strong club, so know that with your SS that club is designed to slice on you. So the more you get over to your left side the more the club will slice on you. So right now your opening the club face, adding loft, all because your driver has to low of loft for you.  You can work on these swing flaws all you want but they will not change because of your driver. This is actually a loft problem, and you have created a...
     88 mph and 10.5 degree loft.........Honestly I would say before you get any driver go get some lessons with someone.   The reason I say that is because if you get a 10.5 degree driver or less, with that SS you will continue to not be able to transfer your weight properly.  The only way a SS of 88 could ever get a 10.5 degree driver to go somewhat straight would be to add a lot of loft, and never transfer your weight ( which is where you get all your power,...
Yep!
I agree 100 percent. I work at a golf academy, and we see so many people come in with brand new " big box" clubs, that they were fit to and the clubs are all over the place..( shaft flex, frequency, lies. lofts..) the quality is just sometimes pretty poor. I know its because the big companies just cant have the same tolerances as the little guys. I like Henry-Griffitts the best, its what we use. They have a cart with 4500 different club combinations, and they measure...
you were told to have a high kick point because your hanging back, and that's a very static way to fix a problem ( basically adjusting your clubs to help you compensate for your unbalanced motion.) If you correct this problem you will need a low kick point. You want to find the root of the problem, then fix that...( which is a combination of your low lofted driver, and the swing that you have made to hit it). Then you will find that your going to probably need a lot more...