or Connect

Posts by golfernc

OK I honestly hate giving advice like this over a video, but I think your going to screw yourself up if you continue to try to fix all of those things....most of which are a result from something your not doing.       You have a reverse pivot, which is not allowing you to transfer your weight properly. Look at your feet at impact. your completely flat footed. (look at a pic of a pro to see their right foot at impact).  You know what a golf swing looks like, so you...
        Sounds like you need to get over to your left side. Your most likely hanging back. Yes you need to work on your swing, while also evaluating your equipment. There might be a reason you hang back....you might have developed this swing due to low loft on your driver. Now of course this is all just complete speculation, and you should go see a dynamic club fitter to see how to fix your swing, and then have them make sure you have equipment that helps promote that...
Oh and regarding the longer shaft...the only way to know if you should hit a longer shaft is by hitting one. Hand to floor measurements are not accurate at all. You want the longest shaft you can get while still maintaining a balanced motion, and hitting on the sweet spot. You use impact sticker to tell this. ( and a good fitter). You can gain a lot of distance by length, as long as these things are in place. You can also loose a ton of distance if you don't hit the...
  Ok here's a couple things to think about......you are currently using less loft on your driver then most tour players.  The only way to hit a low lofted driver with that SS is to add loft. You are most certainly hanging back, not transferring your weight, and probably falling backwards. (basically hitting a lob in tennis vs a forehand). Take a couple swings with a club with your eyes shut, where do you feel your weight at your finish? I'm guessing you cant even hold...
  Yeah I would agree 100 percent. You should invest in getting your swing balanced with help from an experienced teacher, then most likely get more loft to help promote that swing.If you can find a teacher that also fits, this will benefit you the best.Do you know your SS?   
I was thinking the same thing!   
Getting fit by a teacher/fitter is the most important. Someone to not only look at your equipment but also look at your swing. Static fitting is just taking measurements that are not accurate. You want to hit off of a lie board and the fitter will make sure your lie angle is correct. If your lie angle is off you can be playing like you have a uphill or downhill lie, even when hitting off of flat ground. You do not want to compensate a good swing to fit your clubs....
go get a dynamic lie angle taken. Hitting off a lie board with a qualified teacher. 
This is exactly right! 
The most important thing is to find your balance. Start off by swinging a club (doesn't matter what it is) in your backyard, and just trying to make a balanced motion. You can do this with your eyes shut, so you are only trusting your balance. Once you can swing hard with your eyes shut, and "sticking" your balance, you can go find some clubs to play with. I would go and buy a reasonable set of clubs...( you probably wont need a full set). Then go get dynamically fit....