or Connect

Posts by phillyk

I prefer the interaction of phone calls. And I've had problems with golfnow and other online carriers trying to book tee times.  A phone call to the course, I get an answer right away and I know itll be set.  Golfnow doesn't update right away so times are on there that are already booked and its annoying.
My initial thought for goals is nothing.  I obviously want to get my game more consistent with the swing changes I've made this winter.  But that's as far as it goes.  The problem is I don't know how good I can get with this new swing.  I was able to get a 64 and 65 last summer with the old swing, so I'm hoping this new swing gets me those scores more consistently.  I definitely feel a stronger golfer than I was last summer.  One goal I definitely have is to play better in...
It is the Illinois Junior Golf Association.  It's definitely more reasonable.
I played in IJGA events in high school, and the winner of these will be shooting 74 or 75.  AJGA events are a step above these, so I would agree with Pretzel, the winners of these will be scratch golfers.  To be competitive and ready to try for college golf, you'll want to be at least a 2 or 3 handicap, at the most, by the end of high school.  I've played in bigger events when I was in high school that included many AJGA golfers, and it seemed the same as playing sectional...
These are some swings today.  The face on view shows that I'm starting to get my left arm down the shaft in a straight line at impact with ball, which is from me thinking about my left arm doing more work throughout the swing.  It also shows I'm not over-swinging too much at the top.  My knee did a funky thing in the follow through, but that doesn't typically happen.  The from-behind view shows my back swing is more on plane than it has in the past, but not quite where I...
Well, after taking lessons for a while now, I feel my swing has greatly improved.  I just want to explain some of the changes I have made.  I do not have a good video at the time. 1) the biggest change I have made is weight shift throughout the swing.  I feel I started at a kind of stack and tilt thing, and now am transferring weight back on the back swing and getting it all forward during impact and at the follow through.  It has been the basis for all the changes I have...
With my 9-iron, I play the ball towards the back of my stance.  Granted this was at my lesson trying to learn to move my weight forward, and looking at older videos I have on here, I think its progressing.   I play many courses now, not just my "home", and I hover between -3 and +3 most rounds.  I play 36+ holes and hit 300+ balls on the range each week.  I won't play until I'm comfortable enough with what I'm working on at the range.  My last round was 9 holes, before...
A little too much head movement on the down swing.  Otherwise this looked all right to me. This was taken during my lesson on the 24th.  We are working on getting my weight more forward at impact.  I think it worked well here.
Well, after 14 years of not taking lessons and being over-proud to be self-taught, I've finally decided to see an instructor and really try to nail down my game.  I've gotten myself to a +3 at one point, but it's not good enough and I believe I can do no more to progress further without help.     First thing he did with me was change the loft on my putter from 5.5° to 3°, something I've never thought about, and I noticed an immediate difference in the way the ball rolls...
  This is my new swing I've been working on.  It's working out very well so far.  Just need to tighten a bit more on the back swing, but my follow through is what I'm really focusing on.  Where my club face should point mostly upwards just after impact when the club is parallel to the ground.   Sorry about the video, my buddy didn't really know what he was doing.  I'll try to get a better one next time.  But its just a preview of what I'm working on.