or Connect

Posts by phillyk

hit slight cut; still working on set-up for having my weight start more centered over ball (so slightly to my right).  Also still working on more of a straight left arm at impact. But hitting ball really well right now overall.
OK let me edit the green and see if you think the same.  It's still medium firmness and rolls at 13, but the pin is 5ft from the front where the water starts, and the green runs away from you past the pin (no backstop to help slow the ball down).  Would you rather be at that 50-60yd distance unsure you can stop the ball in time before it runs away, or will you move back to a distance where you can take a fuller swing and stop it right away if not come back every time?  And...
I still have some issue with how the book lays out course management.   Lets say you are 270yds out from the green with water right in front of the green going out to 40yds from the green, so going for it isn't an option.  The green is medium firmness but rolls at a 13ish (so, fast).  The way I play it would be to get to the 100yd marker, or as close to it as possible.  I'd prefer NOT to be in the 50-65yd zone, which the book would say is better.    Let me first say is...
I could walk 36 holes a day for 6 days a week.  One day of rest is always needed.  I play/practice now 4 or 5 days a week, based on weather.  But with no worry over money, that would be an 8 hour day for me, not bad...
I prefer the interaction of phone calls. And I've had problems with golfnow and other online carriers trying to book tee times.  A phone call to the course, I get an answer right away and I know itll be set.  Golfnow doesn't update right away so times are on there that are already booked and its annoying.
My initial thought for goals is nothing.  I obviously want to get my game more consistent with the swing changes I've made this winter.  But that's as far as it goes.  The problem is I don't know how good I can get with this new swing.  I was able to get a 64 and 65 last summer with the old swing, so I'm hoping this new swing gets me those scores more consistently.  I definitely feel a stronger golfer than I was last summer.  One goal I definitely have is to play better in...
It is the Illinois Junior Golf Association.  It's definitely more reasonable.
I played in IJGA events in high school, and the winner of these will be shooting 74 or 75.  AJGA events are a step above these, so I would agree with Pretzel, the winners of these will be scratch golfers.  To be competitive and ready to try for college golf, you'll want to be at least a 2 or 3 handicap, at the most, by the end of high school.  I've played in bigger events when I was in high school that included many AJGA golfers, and it seemed the same as playing sectional...
These are some swings today.  The face on view shows that I'm starting to get my left arm down the shaft in a straight line at impact with ball, which is from me thinking about my left arm doing more work throughout the swing.  It also shows I'm not over-swinging too much at the top.  My knee did a funky thing in the follow through, but that doesn't typically happen.  The from-behind view shows my back swing is more on plane than it has in the past, but not quite where I...
Well, after taking lessons for a while now, I feel my swing has greatly improved.  I just want to explain some of the changes I have made.  I do not have a good video at the time. 1) the biggest change I have made is weight shift throughout the swing.  I feel I started at a kind of stack and tilt thing, and now am transferring weight back on the back swing and getting it all forward during impact and at the follow through.  It has been the basis for all the changes I have...