or Connect

Posts by phillyk

Well, after 14 years of not taking lessons and being over-proud to be self-taught, I've finally decided to see an instructor and really try to nail down my game.  I've gotten myself to a +3 at one point, but it's not good enough and I believe I can do no more to progress further without help.     First thing he did with me was change the loft on my putter from 5.5° to 3°, something I've never thought about, and I noticed an immediate difference in the way the ball rolls...
  This is my new swing I've been working on.  It's working out very well so far.  Just need to tighten a bit more on the back swing, but my follow through is what I'm really focusing on.  Where my club face should point mostly upwards just after impact when the club is parallel to the ground.   Sorry about the video, my buddy didn't really know what he was doing.  I'll try to get a better one next time.  But its just a preview of what I'm working on.
That would be an interesting thread!  For me it would be likeDriver: 390yds3-wood: 3203driving iron: 2654iron: 2405iron: 2256iron: 2157iron: 2008iron: 1859iron: 170PW: 16052: 13556: 12060:100 Gosh! IF only I could do that every time... 
From my round of 64 the other day, I have to say the best shot was on the par 5.  I hit a 315yd drive ish to be 190 out from the green.  Pulled a 6-iron with the ball a couple inches above my feet, wind slightly left to right and into my face.  I hit a beauty, it started just left edge of green and came back perfectly.  Left me a nice 4footer for eagle!
It is! I've shot a 65 as well.  But this round felt more real because of my putting.  Last time I was just sticking everything really close.
WOW!! I wish I video logged this round I had today for you all to see.  I was sinking almost all my putts today.  I sunk 3 or 4 20footers.  The 2 distinct putts I missed were each about 15ft, one of them hit the cup and did a 180 and the other just missed the edge.  It was lights out today.  15/18 GIR, not sure about the fairways but I only missed a few, and 27putts for a round of 64 (-8 on a 72.9 6750yds)!!!! WOOOOO!!!  18 was a little difficult knowing what I was at...
"I was B-Fit for Bridgestone TOUR B330-S golf balls"   Sergio Garcia -15 Vijay Singh -15 Tiger Woods -72
Well just got over some recent vertigo, and managed to get out and play today.  It was very windy! The ball was swaying a little on the greens without me touching it.  But, I managed to play well.  I've decided to give up on hitting a draw with anything and play the fade. It's more consistent and i don't have to mess with stuff to get it going.  Played blue tees today, which is around 6300yds, 70.3 rating.  I didn't want to play the tips because I wasn't sure how...
I was absolutely satisfied when I got an albatross at 15yrs old! It didn't even matter what the rest of the round was like, because I knew I had accomplished something not many golfers get.  I left that day feeling like a champion! But, yes, being absolutely satisfied for the entire golf game year in, year out is highly unlikely.  I am always working on getting better no matter what i shoot.  There's always more accuracy or more consistency to be had.  I am satisfied at...
If you're like me I ignore the term of bounce, because it'll happen on its own if you hit a correct bunker shot.  I open the club face and focus on the amount of sand I want to take to get the ball where I want it to go.  I use a flatter swing, and hit down into that one spot.  The more sand=less distance.  But most of all, find a consistent swing and just practice at a bunker, taking different amounts of sand.