or Connect

Posts by phillyk

Woah! Damp out here?! Not a chance, we are in a drought this year and predicted to stay so through summer.  Chambers will play dry and windy.  It could very well be 80° all week too, definitely at least 70°.  But back to topic... I think Tiger should hold off for the year.  Get back into shape and form, and most of all give time to get over the injury.  It could feel good, but getting over the mental block holding you back takes a lot longer to get over.  I think he should...
If I win I'll choose the Blue Pure Pro to start my 2015 golf season with a Pure advantage!   Sergio Garcia -13 Erik Compton -11 Fred Couples -10
I read an interview in Golf Digest with Donald Trump, and he talked about how his courses were always full and he couldn't even get his friends out there to play.  The interviewer then called these courses to see if times were available.  Every single course he called was wide open to play.  Trump buys famous courses like Doral saying that he will make it better than it is... I mean, it's already hosting tournaments every year, what more can he really do?  Sure he is a...
hit slight cut; still working on set-up for having my weight start more centered over ball (so slightly to my right).  Also still working on more of a straight left arm at impact. But hitting ball really well right now overall.
OK let me edit the green and see if you think the same.  It's still medium firmness and rolls at 13, but the pin is 5ft from the front where the water starts, and the green runs away from you past the pin (no backstop to help slow the ball down).  Would you rather be at that 50-60yd distance unsure you can stop the ball in time before it runs away, or will you move back to a distance where you can take a fuller swing and stop it right away if not come back every time?  And...
I still have some issue with how the book lays out course management.   Lets say you are 270yds out from the green with water right in front of the green going out to 40yds from the green, so going for it isn't an option.  The green is medium firmness but rolls at a 13ish (so, fast).  The way I play it would be to get to the 100yd marker, or as close to it as possible.  I'd prefer NOT to be in the 50-65yd zone, which the book would say is better.    Let me first say is...
I could walk 36 holes a day for 6 days a week.  One day of rest is always needed.  I play/practice now 4 or 5 days a week, based on weather.  But with no worry over money, that would be an 8 hour day for me, not bad...
I prefer the interaction of phone calls. And I've had problems with golfnow and other online carriers trying to book tee times.  A phone call to the course, I get an answer right away and I know itll be set.  Golfnow doesn't update right away so times are on there that are already booked and its annoying.
My initial thought for goals is nothing.  I obviously want to get my game more consistent with the swing changes I've made this winter.  But that's as far as it goes.  The problem is I don't know how good I can get with this new swing.  I was able to get a 64 and 65 last summer with the old swing, so I'm hoping this new swing gets me those scores more consistently.  I definitely feel a stronger golfer than I was last summer.  One goal I definitely have is to play better in...
It is the Illinois Junior Golf Association.  It's definitely more reasonable.