or Connect

Posts by phillyk

I want outrageous speed with a Callaway XR Driver! Dustin Johnson -5 Eric Compton -5 Russell Henley -5  
I was too lazy to make a new one... 
Welp, shot an 80 this time around (in the middle of the pack) at The Home Course.  I'm still in the midst of a swing change and my irons, which I usually have hit well lately, gave me trouble this time.  I kept hitting fat because it was too far forward in my stance, but I got nervous about putting it too far back.  I haven't played in too many tournaments over the last couple years, but I'll be playing in a lot more this year as more opportunities have presented...
I haven't uploaded any new vids in a while.  Its gotten a lot better!  The head will be a long process, but I'm getting good distance and accuracy, just need to weed out the few mistakes each round.
I've played as far back as I can on most holes at Chambers Bay (some were blocked off).  And I can say this course will certainly favor the longer hitters.  There are only a few holes where accuracy off the tee is key.  A lot of the holes have widish fairways, but shot placement can be key to avoid big bunker hazards.  The bunkers are raked if within 5yds of the fairway or ones that typically come into play. Otherwise bunkers are not raked and can be very tricky, so the...
I need to update my averages, because of my new swing I've been working through winter.  These are my carry yardages: Driver: 275 3W: 250 3 Driving iron: 230 4 iron: 210 5 iron: 195 6 iron: 185 7 iron: 175 8 iron: 165 9 iron: 150 PW: 135 52°: 115 56°: 105 60°: 90   Swing speed I measured the other day was 112mph with the Driver, and the RPMs were a little higher than I'd like.  But, I am playing a high ball flight right now. So, it makes sense why it seems a...
Woah! Damp out here?! Not a chance, we are in a drought this year and predicted to stay so through summer.  Chambers will play dry and windy.  It could very well be 80° all week too, definitely at least 70°.  But back to topic... I think Tiger should hold off for the year.  Get back into shape and form, and most of all give time to get over the injury.  It could feel good, but getting over the mental block holding you back takes a lot longer to get over.  I think he should...
If I win I'll choose the Blue Pure Pro to start my 2015 golf season with a Pure advantage!   Sergio Garcia -13 Erik Compton -11 Fred Couples -10
I read an interview in Golf Digest with Donald Trump, and he talked about how his courses were always full and he couldn't even get his friends out there to play.  The interviewer then called these courses to see if times were available.  Every single course he called was wide open to play.  Trump buys famous courses like Doral saying that he will make it better than it is... I mean, it's already hosting tournaments every year, what more can he really do?  Sure he is a...
hit slight cut; still working on set-up for having my weight start more centered over ball (so slightly to my right).  Also still working on more of a straight left arm at impact. But hitting ball really well right now overall.