or Connect

Posts by phillyk

I've had several rounds recently with 15/18GIR, I don't know what my record is though.  It's annoying to think that you get so many GIR but can't get many "nice birdie chances."  I remember about 10 years ago, I got the best advice/cool fact from a random guy I was playing with.   He said the difference between pros and minor pros is that the pros don't necessarily get more GIR, they just get the ball closer to the hole more often the others, giving more birdie...
Played my home course today, 72.9 rating at tips, 6900yds.  A little windy but not bad, 60°.  Tee shots weren't spectacular, but didn't get me in trouble and approaches weren't the best.  But I got some putts to drop and shot a 69.  My distances are still off on the approaches.  My accuracy is good, so just need to figure distance out and I can move on.
"And he hits it like a man."???? Yes thanks mr announcer for that.
there wasnt a fist pump.... GO WATSON! Always fun to see a big driver get the win
just give it a hole...
Ok now its over...
Sometimes I wonder what the announcers are talking about.  It's sunday and you're behind by a couple strokes.  You're 90 yards out.  As a pro, I would think you should attacking the pin like crazy, not trying to leave it safely 20ft away.
I currently play with the APEX Pros and they are definitely a very solid iron.  The only thing I have issues with is the difference in iron distance between pw, 9iron, and 8iron.  They seem to be like 15 yard gaps, but its workable. The other issue I have with them is they scratch a little too easy it seems.  I try my best not to scratch them, but I've been playing every single day for the last month and a half prepping for a big qualifier so that might be why they seem...
Nevermind, Bubba won that one....
Gosh sergio's pitch was fantastic! He's had some cool short game shots on this back 9.