or Connect

Posts by schlebrock

Most of the irons you're mentioning aren't going to be any more friendly than your Ping i3+ irons. The possible exception would be the AP2's. So why it's always nice to get new golf clubs, I'm not sure that you're going to accomplish what you want to if you purchase any of those iron sets.   It sounds like you seem to gravitate towards more traditional lookng sets and none of those sets are really game improvement. Since you're a Ping player, you may want to look at...
  Actually, they do....the Ping Anser.   They have a super-game improvement set in the K15's, a game improvement set in the G15's, a competition set in the i15's, a competition set in the Anser's and a tour set in the S56's.   I'm not sure why you think they need any additional models?
Cutting your R11 shaft down to 44.00" from the normal 45.75" won't cause any changes in either kickpoint or flex stiffness. Also, please note that if you're ordering a R11 TP version, the finished length of the club is 45.25". That's because the shaft is 0.50" shorter (but trimmed) than the shafts in the 45.75" non-TP versions.   FYI, all premium shafts are designed to be butt trimmed to reach the desired length without affecting playability. This allows shafts to be...
  I've purchased a number of Mizuno and Ping iron sets over the years. Mizuno's were purchased for their feel. Ping's were purchased for their accuracy and forgiveness. Since I hadn't found that perfect blend, I thought why not combine Ping's accuracy and forgiveness with that Mizuno forged feel. That led me to the logical conclusion of trying the Anser's.   Yes, they are a little more expensive but I go through a retailer that's able to offer significant discounts from...
It depends if the Ping Van is outfitted with a digital loft machine. If they have one, they won't charge you to measure your current driver. They'll only charge you if you have a club built for you and want to ensure it's actual loft.   The key is to ask the Ping rep all of the questions that you're asking here in the Sand Trap forum. Based on personal experiences, most of the Ping reps are very helpful and will guide you in the right direction.   Good luck with your...
Great point tweaky.   In fact, Ping is notorious for having actual lofts in their drivers (especially the G10 & G15 heads) that's higher than the stated loft. For instance, I had Ping build me a custom G15 from their WRX department that was digitally lofted at 10.5 degrees. Instead of giving me a 10.5 degree head, they had to give me a 9.0 degree head because all of their 10.5 degree heads have true lofts that are higher than 10.5 degrees.   Ping has stated that they do...
Obtaining maximum distance is all about getting the correct launch angle and spin rates based on your ball speed. Contrary to popular belief, swing speed is not the most important variable. Someone with a 100mph swing speed who doesn't hit the center of the clubface may have slower ball speeds than someone that has a 90mph swing speed and always hits the center of the clubface.   That said, typically people need higher lofts with slower swing speeds. So, 12 - 13...
I agree with you Clambake.   In fact, I just ordered a R11 TP so I could make some minor adjustments for some of the reasons you just mentioned. I previously played a Ping G15 with a Matrix Ozik HD6 and it was the best driver I've ever hit. However, I'm now swinging the club just a little bit slower so the G15 doesn't quite fit me now.   That's why I want the convenience of having a driver like the R11. It allows me to make some minor adjustments without having to...
He's right....those numbers are ideal. I wouldn't change a thing unless you're not hitting fairways. Otherwise, I would recommend that setup too.   Hope that helps.   -Schlebrock-
Hi there,   Optimized launch conditions for a 150 mph ball speed is a 14 degree launch angle and between 2400 - 2500 rpm's of backspin. That will give you maximum distance.   The 1280 - 1310 rpms that you referenced isn't achievable with a driver. So, go back and get your accurate backspin numbers and repost your results. I'm sure you'll get some good advice here once you do.   Hope that helps.   -Schlebrock-