or Connect

Posts by Danish

Really? Imagine walking down the 18th on the final day of a major. You're tied for the lead with - I dunno - Adam Scott. 5 shots down to the nearest pursuers, it's certainly between the two of you. You hit your drive way off the fairway, in fact, you're right between two OOB markers. You call an RO over, who either is careful not to give a conclusive answer, or tells you that he believes that you're fine. Scott hit his drive off the fairway too, so he's nearby and chimes...
 Admittedly, I've never played baseball. But I'm pretty sure cheating (other than PEDs, and even golf has had that problem) is not a huge problem. However, sometimes the umpires get it wrong... and no-one says that spectators should have a role to play in officiating MLB. Anyway, I agree with you in as much as the problem is so small that it is mostly a non-issue, except in the eventual case where an arm-chair official decides the outcome of a major. Which is fine if the...
I read the first few pages, but not all posts in this thread. So apologies if I'm just echoing someone else's comments, but I voted in the poll this morning, and I want to explain my vote: disagree, and always have.   Professional golf is a spectator sport. But no other spectator sport that I know of lets spectators do the refereeing. You can yell at the umpire as much as you like, but it won't make any difference. Spectators are just that: people who watch a sport...
I'm training to be an air traffic controller (no, not the guy with the ping-pong bats... think John Cusack and BB Thornton in Pushing Tin). According to recent media, we sleep a lot on the job, must be why we have the energy to play so much golf 
  Working on improving consistency with 5i and 3h+4h... I've got them from the tee, not far, but straight. Now I want them from the ground for par 5s and long par 4s. Think I need to slow down my swing, and will work on establishing cleaner contact using 3/4 swings.   Love this site - threads like these are a fun way to put words on your training routine, and the forum has great ideas for practicing and threads to give a morale boost to struggling newbies. Great...
Thanks for your replies. I guess the loft as an isolated factor is a pretty useless indicator until I have a consistent swing with long irons, hybrids and woods. As an aside, my home course is a pretty short 2222yd 9-hole, so when I went to play 9 holes on a nearby course that covered 3500yds, I got a certain body part handed to me. Hence the interest in the longer clubs... Oh well, off to the range tomorrow morning and get cracking!
Hi, first real post besides introducing myself int he new users area...   I'm pretty new to the game, so this season I've been playing with a beginner set: Wilson Stretch. I think it's a reasonable set, irons are 5-SW, there's a driver, 15* 3W and a 3hy and 4hy (there's a bag and putter in the set too, but I couldn't take the bright orange of teh bag so got a new one, and instantly fell in love with a Cleveland Classic #1 putter, so I've changed that).   Anyway,...
Hi all,   I've been lurking for a while, so thought I'd step out of the dark and introduce myself. I'm Patrick, 27, from Copenhagen, Denmark. I'm new to the game, having taken it up this spring. My EGA hcp shows it... after my first proper round I'm a 52, but that'll improve I'm sure!