or Connect

Posts by vikramraju

Its been a busy week at work, so my golf fix has had to be fulfilled by making "easy" swings in my apartment without access to a range or course. Pulled out my wedge and started practicing some chip shots off the carpet with those little spongy balls. Nice. Even landed one in a pot that was sitting in the sink! Obviously feeling pretty swell and all that.   Pulled out my spanking new 3 wood (havent been able to hit it yet, im sure you guys can empathize), and start...
Somewhat like CG. Never felt comfortable choking down. Always liked having the full weight/shaft below my hands. Problem was my putter was 35", eyes were in the clouds and putts were all over the place!! Cut the putter down to 33" and its all better now. Although the backaches are getting worse!
Stu, been having the same problem forever. And I found a graph that helps me visualize it a little bit better and realize how to get the club "in the slot" like you say. Sadly, I still get lazy and come over the top. Anyway, maybe you could do better with it.     If I remember correctly, Jim Furyk and Rickie F seem to have a pretty exaggerated version of this transition because the take the club up very high and really have to drop their hands down to get back...
Ugh. Sorry for the sideways photos guys. If you don't want to crane your neck, PM me and ill send you the rotated versions lol.
For Sale is a Nike Vr Tour Staff Bag still with tags. It is in mint condition has tragically never been outdoors (YET!). The only thing is that it has a name "Hugh Hall" sewn in the front pocket along with a Kia logo. (If your name HAPPENS is Hugh Hall, I will give this bag to you for $175, just because of the marvelous coincidence ).    You can get this sewn on writing off fairly easily, either by yourself or at an embroidery store. I didn't do it because I was...
Hey y'all,   I don't really want to part ways with this driver, but it is my backup and can't justify such a great club sitting in my closet. It is a 9.5* Titleist 909D2 with a 96 gram Proforce V2 Tour Stiff shaft. Its heavy as far as driver shafts go but they feel (especially in the transition) was great for me.   Normal wear on face (would say 8.5/10) and one scratch from a skier (did my best to show this in photos). Apart from that, the crown is in fantastic...
Give Tobacco Road a try too..
Totally agree with the below. I went through a stage earlier this season where I just couldnt keep my driver in play. I was quite honestly playing out of the woods most holes. One day im at the course and as I was taking my clubs out I just left the big stick in the trunk and decided to tee of mostly with a 3 wood. Anyways, scores starting improving immediately and I don't feel self-concious about not using the driver at all.   I usually get some flak from my buddies for...
Thanks for the input y'all. KC, I actually looked at the at the NV75 (great shaft), but after a swing test ended up getting the Proforce V2 that I found at a great price. Just got it installed and cant wait to hit it!
I have a Titleist 15* 980F Strong 3 Wood with a DGS300 shaft that I found at a second hand golf store for cheap so I picked it up. I already have a 3 wood that I like in the bag (see sig), and the Titleist couldnt really displace that given the stiff steel shaft and my notoriously low ball flight.   I finally decided to try and replace the DGS300 shaft with some sort of graphite shaft to knock it around and give me an alternative, because the poor thing has been...