or Connect

Posts by ErikG15

71 - 32 39 - 72.1 rating 126 slope   First time I've broken par in 15 years.  Should've been 6 under on the front, but I missed 2 short putts.  I was trying to break 70 (I've never done it), but I just couldn't hold it together.  A single and a double on the back did me in, even though I gave myself at least 4 legitimate additional chances for birdies down the stretch.   Can't wait to try again!
 mvmac, All good points.  Obviously he would be able to explain it better than I could, but from what I gather he avoids attempting to explain his methods in written word because of misinterpretation, which is entirely possible in this case.  However, I'm pretty sure I did understand it correctly regardless of the vague description. Do you believe that there is a difference between being ball focused and target focused?  Do you believe there is a difference between hitting...
mvmac - you've actually helped me with my swing in the 'Member Swing' section of the site.  Thanks again BTW.  Lower body work is paying off, and I'll be posting new video there soon.  I need to post more, its just hard to find time.    I don't have any video or pictures of what he's talking about, but I can certainly make one.  However, I'm a little apprehensive because I don't want to step on Mr. Waldron's toes.  He did put this information on another site, so I guess...
I know there are plenty of threads about stopping the dreaded flip at impact so I hope it's OK to start another one.  I read though a thread on another site regarding Jim Waldron's arm swing illusion.  While the thread was mainly focused on the arm motion in the back swing (which I thought was excellent), there were some tidbits about flipping the wrists at impact and it being caused by the hit impulse.  I'd like for this thread to be focused on that.   What I believe he...
waldo,   I'm running mine on the Droid OS so I don't have ITR yet, but it sounds like ITR will get these numbers closer to legitimate which is promising.  I tested it against Flightscope back in October, and it was off, way way off.   Its a shame the company used ITR as a selling point back in March, and they have yet to release the gold version of the 2.0 app (for Android).  I have the beta, and the video sync leaves a lot to be desired.  All you can do is play the...
mvmac - Thanks again for you help.   If you could summarize the contents of that thread.  Would it be:   1. Tuck your tailbone in or point it down (straighter lower back) 2. Bend from the mid back 3. Shoulders slumped 4. Tuck your chin   ???   You did mention that you believe that part of my plane issues are a result of the arms continuing to rise.  Lets say I fix that aspect of my swing.  What do you believe are the other contributing factors?
mvmac,   We've had an unusually warm week, and luckily I have a range at work so I was able to get a couple sessions in this week.  These are all snapshots of the videos, so I do have the actual video footage if you'd rather see that.  Overall I think the knee positions are much better.  I'd say that left knee is only coming in about an inch, and some swings it'll be closer to two inches with poor execution.  I'm pretty confident that I can do this with consistency, but...
mvmac,   The drill I was referring to was the drill where you highlight Kuchar raising the club off of ground before he starts his takeaway.   I have more questions when you have time.   You mentioned the tee under the left arm to help with the takeaway.  Should the tee be placed at the lowest point where the upper left arm makes contact with the chest or do you mean closer to the arm pit?   Can you think of anything I can put inside my left knee so that I can feel...
Another range session this afternoon.  I apologize for the poor video quality.  I'm using a Galaxy tablet to record my swings and I either screwed up some setting in V1 or the tablet didn't appreciate the mid 30's weather.  I'll figure it out.     Eyes are down, and shoulders are more slumped.  It's hard to tell but I can see that my hips are a little more open than last week at impact.  I'm getting a flatter left wrist at impact, but I don't think I'm where I need to...
@mvmac - Thank you for taking a look.  I have a couple of questions for you.   1. When you've completed your backswing, should you feel tension in your right hip?  When I practice your suggestions without a club, I can definitely feel more tension there than I'm used to.  Should I be feeling like I'm trying to stay more on my left side, or keeping my left side stationary and turning against it?  My assumption is that if you're flexing your left knee over your left foot,...