or Connect

Posts by Sai-Jin

Thank you. I think you are right plus more.   I have a tiny bit of casting habit and the reason I was hitting my balls good a week ago is because I put my balls either center or slightly back at address, which is  2 inches behind where the cast hits the ball on the right spot. Man.... I thought that I got it down, but looks like I'll have to change my swing again...   Frustrating
I played today at a tight and longish course and I started to pay attention at course management and GIR, FIR... It looks like it's not my GIR or FIR that's actually the problem, it's more my consistency with irons. I don't always hit it on the sweet spot and I lose distance, that's when I miss the GIR.   Stock shot off the tee is a fade today.   Aiming and accuracy as well as which side to hit to doesn't seem to be a problem... it's more the iron play...
I talked to another golf pro and when he looked at me, he said that I wasn't over swinging after all. My left arm is straight at the top and I'm coiled to my right leg.   But he said that the one thing that make ppl think I do over swing is because I unconsciously let go of my left hand's 3 fingers which makes the club drop to parallel or beyond, thus on the down swing when I re-grip, it casts a little.   I want to keep the thread on topic for consistency...
I got back from the range... shortening my back swing made me hit fat and weak shots.... But firming up my left hand's 3 fingers so the club doesn't have the tiny cast works great...   This game is hard ... and it's frustrating at times.
  Yes, I'm missing it left or right usually by around 20 feet or so. Distance itself is pretty much accurate a lot of times (unless I duff a shot). I was hoping to hit at least half which is 9 GIR, but since I'm rather ignorant, perhaps that's too much of expectation...   I felt this way because the course I usually play at doesn't seem to be too difficult like those PGA courses.   But I'll lower my expectations.   Btw, I still don't understand how a shorter back swing...
@Golfbear: I just got back from my friend's golf school as he checked my fundamentals and why I'm inconsistent.   Apparently my back swing with my irons are too long, my 7i came to parallel to the ground and sometimes even more, when I unconsciously let go of the club on my left hand when I try to be passive. He said that this back overswing will cause me to cast a tiny bit, thus releasing too early by 2 inches behind the ball and results in me opening the club on...
  50% or less. . . I mentioned this actually already and it's not good... and 195 yds would be1 out of 5 times.
  Yes, just that when I look at the video everything looks soooo smooth and easy and effortless. I was super surprised that I couldn't believe it.   But anyways, I need to get better at approach shots.  Golfbear gave me a bunch of great advices... is there a way for me to tag this thread to the top in my profile? I want to re-read you guys' replies and let it sink.
@Chas: I do have the video taken by a golf pro on my V1 as well as the driver swing that netted me 318yds and 327yds that made me the longest drive contest winner last Monday.               But I don't play for distance anymore. I'm over that. I need accuracy more than anything and consistency.   @Golfbear: Wind play: I will try that. I find wind even harder when it pushes me back from my stance or it's blowing into my face and ears.                    Green...
    Point 1-5 I actually started to do this a few months ago, so I'm comfortable. Point 6 = The wind is my BIGGEST natural hazard, I'm terrible whenever there is wind, as I haven't learned how to hit those low ball flyers. Point 7 and 8 = I'm sure that I start to see at the cart's GPS (when there is one) to see where the flag and hazards actually are.                         But even then I get scared and ended up hitting the shot that I'm scared of. Another thing that...