or Connect

Posts by Justin

So, I game Acer XK brand and shoot in the low-to-mid 80's, with a driver distance average of 270... Switching to top of the line everything would suddenly have me breaking par regularly and being as long off the tee as Dustin Johnson?  LMAO...   You most likely saw improvement from being properly fitted, not because of name brands.   Put it this way: Justin Leonard was gaming Ben Hogan in his prime.  BH is now defunct.  Payne Stewart was gaming Spauldings for a...
No, brand names do not matter.  A properly fitted set will make a big difference, but again, that isn't brand-related.  Nit-picking between a Taylormade, Callaway, or Titleist is a micro version of a discussion that includes brands like Srixon, Yonex, Dynacraft, KZG, etc., etc... it's irrelevant.    
And they're longer in total length than everyone else, too boot (a Taylormade trademark, to sell distance).  It sounds like you have pretty good hand-eye coordination, as that extra length and lower loft isn't hurting you like it would the average golfer.  But all things being equal, there won't be much difference between any of them, so it comes down to what you like to see at address, hear at impact ("feel" is interrelated to sound, and is different for everyone) and...
I've never gamed GigaGolf, but I have used Pinemeadow.  They DO hold up very well... never had an issue.  I then went through the "you're not a real golfer unless you're gaming the name brands" phase.  I have since went to Hireko.  I chose them over the other component brands because they have a much bigger LH selection.  I will never, ever buy another "name brand" golf club.   A guy on my golf league has a full set of Pinemeadow's that he's had for a number of years...
You don't need name brand.  Component brands, like Snake Eyes, CER, KE4, Acer, Dynacraft, KZG, etc., all offer the EXACT SAME QUALITY as the guys with the huge advertising budgets.  Does playing something other than Callaway make you not a winner (since "winners play Callaway" according to their ads)?  I laugh at that.   Here's a little covered up truth about golf club manufacturing: they are ALL made in the SAME 10-12 foundries in China and Taiwan by the SAME...
When someone is in a putting funk, looking at something different can "cross-wire" the brain, akin to rebooting a computer.  It's similar to people that switch from a standard length to a belly, or to the claw grip from the standard grip.  It's safe to assume both putters were fit to him (which is what I hope everyone has done with their own putters), but they do look different, with different feels.  But to suggest one being "better" than the other is a waste of time. ...
Which iteration of the r9?  I'm going to go with the original:   The r11 comes with a stock Fujikura Blur 60 shaft.  The r9, a Fujikura Motore 65.  Shafts are overated, and there's only 5g difference between the two, so make of that what you will.    The stock lie angle for the r11 is 57*; the r9, 59*.  Lie also isn't as important for drivers (because of its length, if the shaft is the proper flex it'll droop at impact in a "just right" lie angle).  You could say...
Depends on what you can do.  Rifles and PX are the SAME THING... a "flighted" Rifle is the same as a "flighted" PX.  THe only difference is the name.  When True Temper bought Rifle (formerly Brunswick) all they did was change the name.  This is according to Golf magazine (who'd get flogged and have advertising dollars taken from them if it wasn't true), in an article about Phil Mickelson.  He went to TT, worried they'd change things after their purchase (he's been a...
Golf clubs are androgenous.  And they could care less who's swinging them.  Besides, most "women-specific" clubs are the same thing as the "men's" clubs, only they have (supposedly... it isn't always the case with "L"-flex shafts) whippier shafts and a pretty-foofoo paint scheme.    Do yourself a favor: get fitted.  Brand absolutely DOES NOT MATTER- they are all made in the same foundries in China and Taiwan (forged models are done in Japan and China).  Getting the...
I don't see why there's a big debate.  The G15's are built on the same platform as the G10, which was an "upgrade" to the G5, and so on.  A couple of milimeters difference in Center of Gravity (CG) location won't make a big difference.  The color scheme doesn't make a difference.  THe G10's were "top of the line" when they came out... why wouldn't they be now?  Just because they're a little older?  If you hit them both and liked them both, get the G10's and use that...