or Connect

Posts by jwrussell

If that was directed at me, check my reviews and posts.  I'm not on here to advertise.  GoflDigest put a one page review of the course in their September issue.  I saw it, I live an hour from the site, I went looking for threads on it. 
I've been using GolfShot since late 2009, early 2010, something like that.  I've also tried GolfLogix multiple times, whenever enough time has gone by that there are new features and I can get a couple of free tests of the full version.  There are things to like about both platforms. For me, the deciding factor was the $30 one-time price tag for GolfShot.  At the time, GoflShot did not track club distances which I was disappointed in, but they updated a while back and...
I just saw this course in GolfDigest and being about an hour from there in Tampa I can't friggin' WAIT to get out and play both courses.  The pictures look amazing.  Trying to hook up with their sales team to find out about stay and play packages, etc.  Will post up here when I hear more.
Industry only.     Attendance RESTRICTED to the PGA Professionals and affiliates of the Golf Industry (buyers & sellers of golf related products and services ONLY). Admission to the show requires government issued photo identification plus documentation demonstrating trade affiliation.
  I'm originally from NJ (south), and I've always told everyone from the North, it's not that it's hotter or more humid here than there, it's that it lasts much longer.    
On the plus side:   Much lower greens fees everywhere.   Far fewer people playing.
I would say only 2 strokes as per 20-5 (a).  I'm no rules official, but your player in question is no longer "starting a hole" as referenced in 11-4 (b).   Interesting that, assuming I have it correct, starting a hole off outside of the teeing ground has a stiffer penalty (two strokes + replaying the ball+disqualification if the error is not corrected) than the circumstances in your example.
How did they get your phone number?  Had you registered already before deciding not to buy?
Love the picture though.  LOL.
Just a couple of quick notes on the compass discussion.  Any GPS can be used as a general compass so long as you are moving.  Older GPS systems (if anyone hunts, think of the older Garmin Rino GPS/Radios) calculate the output for a digital compass in this way, which is why you have to be moving for them to give you an accurate reading.  I used one this past November during a hunting trip and have to say it was kind of a PITA to deal with.  However, newer systems (and...