or Connect

Posts by AmazingWhacker

Well, it certainly wouldn't be the first time I didn't see the potential success of a business . .but I just don't see the appeal of Top Golf.  They're building one here in San Antonio - it should be open for business soon.  I'll probably check it out sometime this spring but I don't really see how it would be fun.  I mean, you know, I don't expect it to be *terrible* but fun enough to be worth it?  Can't see it.  Maybe I'll be surprised.  
 I don't know where you live but, here in TX . .if somebody started at me for 45 seconds and then tossed me a monogrammed golf towel I would find that strange, lol.   Usually a slap on the ass and a loud "Hell Yeah" will suffice.  
You know what's funny? My dad is that guy at the range lol. He decided he was going to play golf. So the first step, of course, is to run out and buy top of the line gear. To go with that gear, of course, he needed a bunch of clothes, expensive golf shoes, a huge umbrella, yada yada. He played golf about 5 times total - cursing and swearing the whole time. He literally will take a horrid swing, miss the ball completely and then swear about it, lol. He did exact same...
Wow - a lot of opinions on this one.  To me, this just points out the overwhelming problem of "golf tips".  Usually there is some truth in the advice but it doesn't apply to most people who read the tip.   Telling beginning golfers who are hitting 150 yard drives that "accuracy is more important than distance" and to "work on the short game, where most strokes are saved" is borderline cruel.     When I first started out playing, I read and bought into this notion.  I...
Golf course daycare is a great idea but, as others have pointed out, not without it's obstacles.  Now is the time to think outside the box.  Many struggling courses have unused swimming pools.  They make nets that go over swimming pools to keep kids from falling in - but they could also be used to keep kids from getting out.   What if we put a net over one of these unused pools and simply toss the kids in there?  They'll be safe and easily supervised.  One employee could...
I don't mind people making fun of Tiger but that fake interview was a real head-scratcher for me. It wasn't funny and it wasn't even well conceived enough to be mean.  It really read like something he dashed off in 10 minutes and no way should it have made it into the magazine.     Personally, I enjoy mockery as humor and if this idea were well thought out maybe it could've been funny.  But then again, the golf world doesn't have a great grasp of humor.  I've seen lots...
I don't buy the whole "You can't work the ball with GI clubs" thing.  In my experience, it just isn't true.  My favorite irons are my ~2004 Callaway Big Berthas.  They are definitely game improvement irons.  I have no problem drawing the ball a little or a lot . . I don't do fades but that's not because of the clubs.  Think about it - if you can come massively from the inside and make a big hook, you can come less from the inside and make a baby draw.  I'm not saying you...
 This.  If I thought my daughter had the ability to play at the pro level but wasn't putting much effort into it or didn't realize where it could take her, this is probably what I'd do.  But ultimately, if she wasn't interested then so be it.    Forcing them doesn't work.  Telling them they have to make birdies to "pay the rent" puts too much pressure on them.  Constantly reminding them that "Daddy loves a winner" does more harm than good.  At least that's what they said...
Yeah, that gave me a chuckle as well.     You were using the right term.  They are called dimples.  I guess it's off to Bolivia for the pro at Ratty Pond.  
Yeah . .I think you were in the wrong but I don't know if I would call it a "Big Mistake", lol.  The guy also seems like kind of a jerk to just glare at you.  He could've just said that he doesn't really care to play by all the rules.     People don't have to play by the rules if they don't want to.  As long they aren't holding up play by taking 3 mulligans on every swing . .I'm all for it.  Personally, I have never re-teed after hitting ob.  If I can't find it, I just...