or Connect

Posts by AmazingWhacker

Why no option for McIlroy and his wisdom tooth?
3 putt !?!?!  Holy cow - I never saw that coming.  As he was walking up to the putt I actually said to my wife . . "McIlroy or Woods, in this position, would drop the 12 footer . . .XYZ (pick your favorite Sunday collapser . .I won't mention who I said just because it doesn't matter) would 3 putt it and lose. Let's see what kind of golfer DJ really is".  But I was not expecting him to 3 putt it!  It was almost as if he just couldn't stand the idea of winning.  I still...
I will come in on the side that doesn't like the golf course.  Don't like the par4/par5 thing, don't like the radically different tee boxes, seen a lot of short putts staying out of the hole, seen plenty of shots that really should have stayed on the green not stay there.  Some of those approach shots look more like pinball than golf.  It reminds me of some kind of Las Vegas replication course crossed with something from a video game.  It seems to play much tougher in the...
Always been a luke-warm fan of Jason Day but . .I gotta say . . .nobody can know exactly how he feels except for him . .but true, severe vertigo you can not play golf with whether you are a tough guy or not.  So, in my opinion, what he has must be less than severe vertigo . .perhaps mild vertigo with some intermittent spells of moderate vertigo, some nausea, etc.   But if he had true vertigo . .the kind where you're so dizzy you can't even walk . .he could not play through...
Personally I'm struggling to like Chambers Bay. It seems gimmicky to me in much the same way that Whistling Straights does.  The fact that fans can't access entire holes, though, makes it a pretty bad choice for the US Open, in my opinion.  I also don't feel like the US Open should be played on a links style course.  It's not like it's the worst thing in the world . . but the Open Championship is right around the corner and they have far better links courses than we do....
Yeah - I think Tiger can't go into hiding  .that would be a big mistake.  If he does, there will be such tremendous pressure whenever he decides to return. . .everybody will be watching to see if he mucks it up or not.     At this point, the damage is done.  He's out there, the commentators are having a field day with it, he's already suffered the worst of it . .it only gets better from this point.  UNLESS he goes into hiding and then he will have to go through this all...
I definitely agree that Tiger is the only needle-mover.  I am of the belief that Tiger is the needle-mover because of his insane accomplishments.  Sure his persona is interesting.  Sure he's unique.  But people would/will go nuts about anybody who accomplishes what he has . .it doesn't matter if they're European, Asian or bald and fat.  So if Rory were to achieve the same level of success as Tiger, then he would move the needle like Tiger.  Take the most boring player on...
I have thought for years now that pro tournaments need some kind of "shot clock".  It's boring watching these guys stand around.  Having the shot clock would reward players who can think quickly and act decisively.  It would probably force a few more bad shots and some more scrambling . which would be fun to watch.  Amateur play would automatically get faster because, even though they would not have a shot-clock, they would see the pros on tv playing quickly.  Speed of...
Well . .I for one am shocked, Shocked!, to learn that the model girlfriend of a 26 year old celebrity millionaire is shallow.  This is just too hard to believe.   
Shawn's videos where the first thing I tried that actually helped me improve a little.  I had done a year or so "figuring it out at the range" on my own, followed by a half dozen or so lessons with a pro that didn't really help me.  Shawn's videos, though, helped me start to think I could actually improve.  I spent about a year watching his videos and working on his drills and ideas.  I also bought his dvd.  I didn't really improve all that much during that year . .but a...