or Connect

Posts by AmazingWhacker

Really . .we should stop digging into every aspect of an athlete's life.  I'm sure Jordan Spieth is a great guy but I'm pretty sure he's human, too.  Let's pretend, just for a second, that he is the "Next Tiger Woods".  Will he hold up to the scrutiny of constant media attention, cameras following everywhere, people tweeting every time he says so much as "dammit", golf analysts detailing every aspect of his game and life (or complaining that they have no access)?  Can...
Yeah. I would go as far as to say the slowest groups on the course are *always* in carts.
Will the golf media never learn? I'm not ready to talk about a Rory/Jordan rivalry. I've only just recently started thinking Rory could be for real. Jordan is a great player, obviously but he has a lot more to show me before I start thinking of him in terms of Hogan, Nicklaus, Woods and the rest. When Louis Oosthuizen won the open in dominating fashion in 2010 - I was saying - here's the next big deal. He's got a picture perfect swing and he just stomped the field in...
With a cart, by myself, on an empty course I can play an easy 18 in 2 hours.  Depending on the course layout, I can play a walking 18 almost as fast.  Basically, when I play, I know what club I'm going to hit when I reach the ball, I almost never change my mind about what club, I either take no practice swing or just a single half-swing motion while not addressing the ball.     I just don't benefit from anything more than that.  I play my best when I pretty much "walk up...
A 200 yard shot is not easy for me - partly because of my clubs.  I have a 3iron that I can hit *almost* 200 yards but is pretty hard to hit.  I have a 4 wood that I can hit about 220-230.  I don't have anything in between . .no hybrids, no other woods except driver.  I'd probably go with the 4 wood and try to hit it on the line in the photo.  If I hit a really good shot it will be in that bunker . .but chances are I won't hit that good of a shot and . .hey, if it's in the...
 Agreed.  If he could accept that style of playing, he could win a ton out there.  He could still potentially break Jack's record.  He might not be able to take down somebody like Rory when he's super hot . .but he would take them down more often than not.  I hope Tiger takes your advice.   
 Well, I tried it already without the 8-iron but I had trouble attracting sponsors.  I hear ya on the planning and saving . .I've been saving up to buy my clubs for a couple years now.  The first time I played was at a local tournament with just a 4 iron and single ball.  I lost the ball on the second hole and had to DQ but it's been a pretty amazing rise from that point to where I am today . .having almost all the clubs, a bag, 11 balls (4 of them good ones).  I'm proof -...
I'm tired of all the people on this site saying 'You can't be a pro golfer' and 'You have no chance', etc.  This comes up all the time.  Some young hopeful, probably the next Seve, Tiger or Jack, makes the mistake of coming on here and revealing their hopes and dreams only to have them crushed.  You nay-sayers are putting the future of our sport in jeopardy.   Don't listen to them, man.  Get out there and get swinging.  I plan to do the exact same thing.  I've been...
Am I the only one thinking there'll be a trip to an interstate rest-stop men's room revealed before this is all said and done?  I'm guessing he approached the wrong dude.  I mean . .as long as we're speculating and all.    
 That seems excessive - I re-read your OP just to be sure . .he putted out of turn and made a (seemingly) joking comment about you teeing it up ahead of the markers.  That makes him a bully with a need to degrade and 'own' people?   I'm liking this guy more and more.  He showed remarkable restraint by not beating you silly for acting like a petulant little jerk when he invited you to play golf at his course and then further invited you for drinks after.  SOME people golf...