or Connect

Posts by AmazingWhacker

I'm a Tiger fan but my interest in him starts and ends on the golf course.  Unless he has somehow gained some kind of food credibility that I didn't hear about, I'm not really interested in his restaurant.  I've been to a couple other sports star restaurants and they're pretty much all the same.  Now, if I was invited to go out to The Woods then, sure, I'd go .. but I would not choose to go there, if it were up to me.   Thanks for the review, it was definitely a good...
I thought Tiger's performance showed some solid improvement but Sunday's round showed there is still much to do - probably a good portion of it mental.  The "old" Tiger Woods always came out strong on Sunday.  Another thing - I think he needs to give up the red and black on Sundays.  He's been doing it forever . .it's not as cool as it used to be when he's in contention and it seems really out of whack when he's T40 or something.     Other than that, I thought the...
There have been periods of time where I kept score by the found balls vs the number of strokes, lol.  "How'd you do today"?  "Great!  2 new pro v1s, a couple of hex chromes in decent shape and no Top-Flites!". 
I kinda don't get the Ryder Cup Captain thing . .it's always made such a big deal of but I don't see how it matters all that much who is Captain.  I say we pick somebody from outside the world of golf - somebody who is maybe a winning coach in another sport or maybe even a business person.  Definitely not Donald Trump, though.  And not John Daly, either.  The Ryders Cup Captain does sort of "represent" the US . .so we need to make sure we don't pick a clown.  What about...
 I wouldn't bet against him making the cut.  I'd say you were 100% right if it was almost anybody else but Tiger's got a very strong "fight" mentality . .if the field starts losing ground,  Ha! That's exactly how *I* feel.   The only thing keeping me from winning every major ever is just one thing . .sucking at golf, lol.  
 Tiger never fails to surprise me . .just the wrong kind of surprises this year.  I'm still scratching my head at how he goes bust . .comes back to win 5 times and then immediately goes bust again.  As my wife says just about every time we see him on TV "Poor Tigey" (I know, I know).  
+11 83 for Faldo today.  I'm sure he didn't hold illusions of contending on Sunday . . but that's got to hurt.  
 Whatever you do, don't attempt #1.  You've probably been in enough people's ears about the rules that, if they see you break one, they'll be sure to mention it.  You won't be able to claim ignorance, either.   2 seems impossible.  Even if you found all those people I think the dude in the letter is correct . .you'd need on-course rules officials to run the league like you're wanting it to run.  I never quizzed anybody but I doubt anybody I see on any golf course I play...
It happened to me at the range a long time ago.  It was before I actually started playing . my brother and I took our Dad's clubs down to the range to hit a few.  Of course, the head of his 3 wood came off and went flying down the range.  Neither one of us could hit a golf ball back then (he still can't, lol) but we weren't being abusive with the club or anything.  It was a large, busy range - we never got the head back . .my Dad took it pretty well, though.  
There's a lot of talk on this site about pace of play - people griping about slow players, people griping about "speed demons", discussing round times, yada yada.  It's really simple, though . .you are supposed to stay "in position" with the group ahead of you.  If you walk to the tee and there is nobody on your hole (and it's not a par 3), you are "out of position".  If the course is packed, you should work to get back into position asap.  If you just can't do it, you...