or Connect

Posts by AmazingWhacker

I voted "No" because I don't really care what my golf teacher can shoot.  The lessons I take are about how to swing a golf club, not how to play the game of golf.     The teacher definitely needs to know how to swing a golf club, though.  At my current level of ability,  they need to have a better swing than me.  Eventually I might get to the point where my instructor does not have as good a swing as I do . .but not anytime soon, lol.     You have to be able to do what...
Absolutely yes.  I see Tiger reclaiming the number 1 spot.  The only reason why he wouldn't is if this current surgery doesn't help and/or his back gets worse.   If he can stay healthy, I think he could hold the #1 spot for most of the next 10 years.
I love cheap golf best of all so every place I play has poor to terrible greens.  I'm kind of a connoisseur when it comes to bad greens.  Foreign grass or weeds poking up in spots is fairly common place.  Burned out, hard and dry in the summer - absolutely.  Probably the only thing consistent about them is their inconsistency.  You'll have one green that gets some shade that will be incredibly slow.  The next hole will have a green like a parking lot.  This one place has...
I guess there are at least a few reasons a golfer might hit fat shots.  I used to hit fat shots because I was swaying back off the ball as well as swinging directly at it vs through it.  Those were some pretty big fat shots . .like 2, 3, 4 inches behind the ball.     Nowadays I hit them a little chubby sometimes and I feel like it's because I'm hanging back - not getting my weight forward enough and club face still open at impact(ish).  But why am I hanging back?  I feel...
 100x this!   At one of the courses I used to play the green for hole #12 is right in the path of a wicked slice from tee box #13.  Of all the stupid places to put a tee box.  As a (former) slicer, I wouldn't even hit if there were people putting on that green . .which is just exactly what you don't want for pace of play reasons.    On this exact same course, the driving range is just off to the left of hole #1.  Whenever you tee off, there are tons of yellow range balls...
I have no idea what the real cause of you blading your wedges is . .but my teacher told me a trick that works pretty well for me.  Slow down your backswing a lot . . . almost to slow-motion speed.     My tendency (one of em) is to get quick, though.  This trick works great for me when I'm struggling.  It probably couldn't hurt for you to try it and see if it helps.  Hope it does!
Personally, I find the arrogance refreshing.  I was pulling for him last week.  I would have loved to seen the spectacle that would've followed him winning the masters.  Kiss the ring, baby!  Ah well . .maybe next year.
If you can afford to take some lessons, I highly suggest it.  Playing and teaching are 2 different skill sets.  I have a couple of single digit friends who've tried to help me.  I've also tried books and videos and, while I made some improvement, I never really got anywhere until I started taking lessons.     My teacher is expensive (heck, all golf lessons are expensive) so what I do is go in to see him about 3-4 times per year.  Sometimes more frequently, sometimes...
The thing that would scare me most are the green speeds.  They looked crazy on tv.  Only once did I play greens that were super-fast and it as brutal.  I mean, 4 putting from 10 feet away kind of brutal.  And I'm sure they were slower than Sunday at the Masters.   So if I figure twice as many putts, plus factor in the length and extra hazards vs where I normally play . . .and I would guess I would shoot around 125 if I played really well.  
 Yeah, what I need is thwack, poof.  What I got is thwick, argg!