or Connect

Posts by AmazingWhacker

I definitely agree that Tiger is the only needle-mover.  I am of the belief that Tiger is the needle-mover because of his insane accomplishments.  Sure his persona is interesting.  Sure he's unique.  But people would/will go nuts about anybody who accomplishes what he has . .it doesn't matter if they're European, Asian or bald and fat.  So if Rory were to achieve the same level of success as Tiger, then he would move the needle like Tiger.  Take the most boring player on...
I have thought for years now that pro tournaments need some kind of "shot clock".  It's boring watching these guys stand around.  Having the shot clock would reward players who can think quickly and act decisively.  It would probably force a few more bad shots and some more scrambling . which would be fun to watch.  Amateur play would automatically get faster because, even though they would not have a shot-clock, they would see the pros on tv playing quickly.  Speed of...
Well . .I for one am shocked, Shocked!, to learn that the model girlfriend of a 26 year old celebrity millionaire is shallow.  This is just too hard to believe.   
Shawn's videos where the first thing I tried that actually helped me improve a little.  I had done a year or so "figuring it out at the range" on my own, followed by a half dozen or so lessons with a pro that didn't really help me.  Shawn's videos, though, helped me start to think I could actually improve.  I spent about a year watching his videos and working on his drills and ideas.  I also bought his dvd.  I didn't really improve all that much during that year . .but a...
I had quite enough of John Daly with "Being John Daly".  I was eager to watch that show . .but it quickly revealed that he's kind of a whiney guy who blames everybody else for his problems and surrounds himself with an entourage of "yes-men".  There was this one scene in that show where he was sitting around a campfire (I think) strumming a guitar while his friends took turns telling him how great he is.  Yeesh.     Anyway . .I find the guy to be boring.  I mean, he's...
 Ha . .yeah, I'm gonna buy me some of Rickie's key "looks" . . cause I really want to see what it's like to be punched in the face by strangers, lol.  
 Actually . .I was expecting him to choke . .just waiting for him to choke and he totally surprised me by not choking.  That putt he dropped from like 40 feet on 17 was incredibly clutch.  He didn't make any of his typical "Sergio-blunders" after that.  It did seem like he just kind of ran out of gas in the playoff . . but obviously that's highly speculative on my part . .he played really well.  Both my wife and I were commenting at the end how these guys are all playing...
 Only if we agree that the Valero Texas Open will be the 5th major.
I don't think The Players needs to be a "5th major" nor should it replace any of the existing four . . it's good the way it is.  Everybody knows it's an important tournament and I actually don't think declaring it a major would make that much of a difference, anyway.  I don't see the majors as being all that different from any top-field event . .I don't think it's any easier or more difficult to win The Players than any of the 4 majors.     If it were up to me . .the...
Well . .I play par3 courses every chance I get . .sometimes once or twice a week.  I consider that practice.  It's the only short-game practice I get, too . .because all the courses I play at have "no chipping" signs all around the practice greens.     Maybe once a summer I might practice putting for like 20 minutes.  It's boring and I've always been a decent enough putter.