or Connect

Posts by AmazingWhacker

ehhh  .I think some guys treat them like fancy pieces of jewelry.  I guess if I dropped my club in a pond I'd wipe it dry  .but I have 4 sets of irons .. none of which have ever been washed and none of which have rusted.  They are cast, though, not forged.  A fancy golfer, such as yourself, probably has forged clubs.  Forged clubs with recently changed grips, I'll bet.  But you're a PGA professional . - I don't need clean clubs or new grips.  That would take away most of...
 Which is why we need the "Captain's Veto".  In today's world of Top 10 finishing, there are going to be guys, like Bubba, who have immense talent .. enough to finish well a lot of the time and make the team on points . .but who can't close the deal under any kind of pressure.   Or maybe they should change the points criteria to put more emphasis on wins.     
     I'm sorry to say . .but yes, the big umbrella puts you further in the wrong.  If you use it to keep the sun off you . . .that's at least 3 times as bad.  
  Maybe so . .but I'm hitting my driver almost 100 yards further than I used to when I played a lot.  I wouldn't recommend my approach unless you, like me, enjoy the act of swinging a golf club more than actually playing golf.  There's just something so gratifying about it for me.  I love the the sound and feel of impact . .I don't even actually need to see where it goes most of the time, lol.      
  I have no pride in my belongings.  None whatsoever.  I don't wash my car and I *certainly* don't clean my golf clubs.  Now . .the grass I never mow but we have a lawn guy for that.   In all seriousness, though, some people see golf clubs as tools.  Do you wash your hammer?  To me, a golf club is like a hammer . .it's not a fancy piece of jewelry or fine equipment.     Also, in all seriousness .. I never wash my car although I *have* washed my car.  My golf clubs ....
 Fair enough . . I used to play a lot . . .it's fair to say I'm not a golfer these days.  
 ha - yeah, if you talk about *anything* other than what's happening right now . .you're not a golfer
For me . . .it's 95% practice and 5% play.  I practice regularly . .haven't played a round this year.  I realize I'm odd . .but I don't really care for playing golf.  I find it overly time consuming and annoying.  I do, however, enjoy hitting balls and I love the idea of hitting balls as perfectly as possible.  My swing has gotten soooo much better since the last time I played . .I often wonder what I'd shoot these days . . but it's not worth it to find out.  Maybe this...
 Does "de riguer" mean "lame" in some other language?
Ya - there've been posts specifically about stopping for lunch at the turn . .that's one of my big pet peeves.  If you make me stop for lunch at the turn and we lose our place on the 10th tee . .WE ARE NO LONGER FRIENDS!     I used to play with this one guy . .so lame . .he would show up all dressed up in fancy golf clothes, spend forever stretching, insist on hitting the range, played super slow, always had to take a cart because "his back", wanted to stop at the turn...