or Connect

Posts by AmazingWhacker

oh there's definitely a difference . .but it's way too hard to explain.  Take, for instance, Shawn Clement . .he's very often going on about how the ball is not your target.  From others you hear things like - "let the ball get in the way of your swing" . . when I first started seeing my current teacher, my head was full of those kinds of ideas.  He pretty much told me to forget all that stuff and just do what he said to do.  His particular teaching style doesn't involve...
I have never played with a low single digit handicap and not been impressed with their ball striking.  Even the older guys  . .. they may not hit it a mile but their accuracy and consistency is very impressive.  I've never played with anybody, regardless of handicap, who hit it much more than 270-280 on a regular basis.   There was this ONE guy at the club I used to be a member of.  I never played with him but I would see him playing a lot with a guy who must've been his...
 Freddie would be a good captain . .but more importantly we need some players who can get it done.  I blame the pga tour, in part, for making millionaire celebrities out of guys that can finish in the top 10 but rarely, if ever, win.  Finish 2nd on the PGA tour and you got it made - finish second in the Ryder Cup and you just lose.   We not only need Captain's picks . .but we need Captain's DQ's also.  Like when Bubba makes the team on points next time - the captain should...
It's almost over now . . . .what a terrible showing by the US team.  
Swing don't hit . . .how many times have I heard that?  It's one of those pieces of advice that's near impossible to understand until you do  . . .so it's a crap tip, in my book.  These days I do feel like I understand what it means . .but there's basically no way for a beginner to understand what the heck it means.  I remember saying to my first golf teacher . ."don't hit the ball? Should I miss it?"   To me at least - its one of those things you realize you are doing...
Team Europe to Team USA : "Here's your arse".     Team USA to Team Europe: "Ha .. you said "arse".  
OK - true confession time . .I vandalized a golf course in 1990 (I think).  I have no reason for saying this online except to explain the reason why . . . . .  no reason.  I was 16(ish) and highly stupid.  I found myself with the opportunity to vandalize a golf course so I (we) did it.  We snuck onto the golf course at night (for no reason) and found the flags still in the cups.  We took the flags and, like they were spears, punctured the greens and basically ripped the...
A guy I used to play with all the time suddenly quit playing.  He didn't keep an official handicap but he would always shoot high 70's to low 80's.  There was no real "quitting" - he just stopped being available whenever I'd call him to play.  I thought he just quit playing with *me* . . but my wife is good friends with his wife and she says he hasn't played in over a year now.  I guess, according to his wife, he's depressed or something . .apparently he's not doing much...
The only eagle I ever participated in was on a par5 in an alternate shot scramble during a group golf lesson.  The first guy hit a bad drive.  The second guy absolutely crushed a fairway wood - but it landed about 20 yards to the right of the green in thick brush.  The third shot was mine.     When I got to the the ball it was definitely in the brush with trees above - there was a reasonable sized opening though between the brush growing up and the trees hanging down....
I'm only carrying 13 (max) right now - My bag currently consists of:   D 4W 3H 4H 5 6 7 8 9 P GW SW Putter   I'm planning to add a LW.  I'm also planning to drop the 3H but not sure yet what I'll replace it with, if anything.  I'd like to find a club I can reliably hit from 190-200 .. if such a club exists (for me).  My 3H *should* be that club but I rarely hit it well and I guess, on average, it goes shorter than my 4h which I hit better.  180+ yards off...