or Connect

Posts by AmazingWhacker

For me . . .it's 95% practice and 5% play.  I practice regularly . .haven't played a round this year.  I realize I'm odd . .but I don't really care for playing golf.  I find it overly time consuming and annoying.  I do, however, enjoy hitting balls and I love the idea of hitting balls as perfectly as possible.  My swing has gotten soooo much better since the last time I played . .I often wonder what I'd shoot these days . . but it's not worth it to find out.  Maybe this...
 Does "de riguer" mean "lame" in some other language?
Ya - there've been posts specifically about stopping for lunch at the turn . .that's one of my big pet peeves.  If you make me stop for lunch at the turn and we lose our place on the 10th tee . .WE ARE NO LONGER FRIENDS!     I used to play with this one guy . .so lame . .he would show up all dressed up in fancy golf clothes, spend forever stretching, insist on hitting the range, played super slow, always had to take a cart because "his back", wanted to stop at the turn...
I voted "no" primarily because of the timing.  You don't blame the coach for the loss you just took.  It looks like whining and not owning up to the fact that you just didn't play as well as the other team.  Everybody knows we lost 8 out of 10 Ryder Cups - there will be plenty of time to discuss why that is before 2016.  Phil just looked, to me, like he was shifting blame.     Sure - making the comments during the press conference immediately following the loss had a big...
 That's a long, rambling paragraph but I certainly agree with the first sentence.   You don't see professional athletes in other sports blaming their coach for the loss in post-game interviews.  I'm not saying Phil's opinion is wrong or that he doesn't have a point but there's 2 years for him to get his point across.  All he should be saying today is that he wished they played better and is sorry for letting Tom down.   Personally, I don't buy into Phil's opinion.  You...
Personally - I can't see how this is Tom Watson's fault . . .   It was lopsided to begin with.  The US veterans under-performed.  Tom Watson had no viable picks he could've made.  When people are talking about Kevin Na as a potential pick . .it's not looking good for you to win the cup.     in my hierarchy of blame, I list: 1.  The US players - it was totally lopsided going in. 2.  The injuries to several of what should've been our strongest players 3.  Embarrassing...
 oh there's definitely a difference . .but it's way too hard to explain.  Take, for instance, Shawn Clement . .he's very often going on about how the ball is not your target.  From others you hear things like - "let the ball get in the way of your swing" . . when I first started seeing my current teacher, my head was full of those kinds of ideas.  He pretty much told me to forget all that stuff and just do what he said to do.  His particular teaching style doesn't involve...
I have never played with a low single digit handicap and not been impressed with their ball striking.  Even the older guys  . .. they may not hit it a mile but their accuracy and consistency is very impressive.  I've never played with anybody, regardless of handicap, who hit it much more than 270-280 on a regular basis.   There was this ONE guy at the club I used to be a member of.  I never played with him but I would see him playing a lot with a guy who must've been his...
 Freddie would be a good captain . .but more importantly we need some players who can get it done.  I blame the pga tour, in part, for making millionaire celebrities out of guys that can finish in the top 10 but rarely, if ever, win.  Finish 2nd on the PGA tour and you got it made - finish second in the Ryder Cup and you just lose.   We not only need Captain's picks . .but we need Captain's DQ's also.  Like when Bubba makes the team on points next time - the captain should...
It's almost over now . . . .what a terrible showing by the US team.