or Connect

Posts by AmazingWhacker

In my main set, the 4iron has an extra stiff shaft and the rest of the clubs have regular shafts.  I bought them used and that's how they came.  I'm probably a regular to stiff flex player . .but definitely not extra stiff.   I don't notice any particular directional tendencies when I use my 4 iron - but it does feel really 'dead'.   I have another set of irons with all stiff shafts and I don't notice that I play my 4iron better in that set vs the one with the x-stiff...
Ha . . I just went to check it out and it says I watched it on 10/11/2012.  I guess it wasn't that memorable, lol.
I have had several on my way from being "the worst golfer you've ever seen" to where I am now . .a pretty average recreational golfer who can occassionaly break 90 on easy courses.  I used to have the most horrible swing ever (big booming slice, every swing, for years) - and I'm sure a lot of people get to skip over some of my "realizations" just because they aren't so athletically hopeless.   First one - keep a flat left wrist.  This one really opened to my eyes to how...
I've been playing for about 5 years and started breaking 90 with some regularity this last season.  I've been playing with no fairway woods or hybrids and random, mixed wedges (a 50 deg Wilson Staff gap, Nike 56 deg sandwedge).  My irons are some older Callaway Big Berthas and they have the "i-brids" . .ie . .the 3, 4 and 5 iron have HUGE soles.  I feel like I hit them ok - the 5 really well, the 4 pretty good and the 3 is worth a shot (probably around 50% mishits and only...
I was just about to post that I surprisingly have no issue with mid game and then I read that bit about "GIR".  I always miss the green . .well, almost always.  I usually get close .. but not on.  Practicing distance control seems like one of the hardest things for weekend golfers to do . .even when I go to the range and hit to the 100 yard, 150 yard targets, etc . .well . .those are range balls, the tee at my range is way elevated and there is almost always a strong...
 The arm-runoff is the big thing I noticed.  My shoulders only turn so far . . .and when they stop my club is well short of parallel.  I can get my club to parallel . .but my shoulders aren't turning anymore . .which causes all kinds of grief.  Still it was sort of upsetting the day I realized both that my shoulders should keep turning and that they are not able to. I experience the same in the downswing.  My body just doesn't turn fast enough going forward, either . .and...
I don't keep official handicap but I meet the description of a bogy golfer AND I started golfing relatively late in life (started at age 35, now 39).  As I keep learning more and more about my golf swing I have come to the terrible conclusion that I am not capable of making a full-swing.  About 3/4 is the best I can do without getting all out of sequence and off-balance.   Lately at home and at the range I've been working on making these really nice almost-3/4 swings and...
I've had 2 instructors in my life.  The first one I saw right after I started taking golf seriously and decided to try to learn to play better.  I bought a 10 lesson package.  After 10 lessons, I made almost no improvement and I was really discouraged.  The golf swing was more confusing than ever to me and I felt like I probably just didn't have any "golf ability".  He was a well regarded teacher (particularly by himself) and I think he probably is an ok teacher.  For...
It took me about 4 years from the time I decided I would try to improve my game to get to where I can hit it 270 total distance once in a while.   But that was casual practicing and playing a few times a month . .not like dedicated, focused effort on learning to hit driver.
How can you achieve a good impact position if your backswing doesn't allow you to do so?  I guess, in my amatuer opinion, everything you do in your swing effects some other aspect of your swing . . so it's not really possible to "focus on impact" without focusing on other aspects as well.  Everybody's mind works differently so whatever ideas or concepts help a person are great by me . . .but I have to admit when you write "100% of our intent should be focused on the moment...