or Connect

Posts by broombroom

Ok lately slow play and bad etiquette has been making me angry and depressed at my once great golf club to the point I may not pay to be a member any more.  People are so ignorant and arrogant, they never ring bells to let you know its safe to hit on blind shots even though they see us on the tee box.  The worst thing is I can never practice by myself or play golf with my friend as a two ball.  We/I always get stuck behind a 4 ball of old guys that never let us through....
Ok thanks thats a nice resource.  Yea I thought about the same.  I suppose I should really get some data and test clubs to get the right answer and swing stats.
Hello I have a tiny bit of a driver fitting problem and I am considering if the difference in a fitted driver would be worth the money.  I currently have an r7 quad Ht 10.5 with an xstiff NVS shaft 55 gram which is a light soft tip shaft which I don't mind the feel off.  The problem is my ball starts ballooning on occasion (all the time with a pro v1)and I get no roll even backspin sometimes(in the wind it goes nowhere).  My swing and launch are fine it is purely a...
The reason why you might hit it better may not be to do with the head size.  After all a three wood is shorter more forgiving and has more loft making it much easier to hit.  If you can hit a 3 wood that far you should have no trouble hitting a driver further because you have to be hitting your 3 wood well to do that.  The chances are more like you are using a wrongly fitted driver.  So id recommend getting fitted.  There will be little difference in an older smaller...
Hello I didn't get a vokey they ended up going for a bit more than I thought they would but I will keep an eye out for any more in case they go cheap.  I did however get a taylormade rac black for cheapish the postage was a bit more than it said which is disappointing but still an ok price.  I am mainly looking for wedges with more bounce than mine because of the wet conditions and because mine are low bounce which doesnt fit the course at the minute.  I am also going to...
Hello I have been looking at used vokeys on ebay and they are going very very cheap. Anyway I have found one that is rusty and I know it is supposed to rust because its oil can finish but how would I touch it up to practically brand new? I have heard putting it in coke a cola gets rid of any rust because of the acid it.  I am also thinking the grooves could easily be restored if they are worn with a groove sharpener.  A grip is an easy replacement as well. Anyone done it...
Yea you are most likely swinging on a very wild out to in swing.  To counter act this you want to swing on an in to in swingpath to hit it straight.  Place a headcover like an inch or so beside the ball and hit the ball without hitting the headcover if you hit it you will be swinging out to in this forces you to swing in to in.  Another thing you should do is make sure your grip and alignment is good.
A slice is caused by swinging on an out to in path across your target line.  This can be caused by a few things mainly stemmed from bad basics.  You should make sure that your grip is not too weak, your vs should point at a 1 oclock position.  You also want to make sure that your alignment is correct if you have an open stance you are setting up for a slice.  If they are all good then the best drill to fix your out to in swing is to set a head cover in front of the ball...
No its not allowed but he is just using it as a putting drill which can be pretty affective I dont tend to use it however because i start to hit short jabby putts which I dont like.
I hate the white head.  Another thing is that no it wont and neither will any other driver on the market give you an extra 20 yards or maybe even 10 over your current driver unless yours is very very old.  The only good thing about the current drivers are the customization features and they are slightly more forgiving than ones of a few years back. The way to go is to get optomized for your current driver or for a new one.  I tried the titleist 910d2 as well and it does...