or Connect

Posts by scv76

Glad to see a hackers thread!! I had, and still sometimes have, a tempo/mental problem that I have been fighting the last year or so. I would try to force the club into the ball on every shot, even though I knew that technique would not work....doesn't matter, I did it anyway. I just had to force the shots so I could get the perceived extra distance needed to get on the greens in regulation. Then one day during a practice round, I decided the way to break my habit...
People spitting sunflower seeds on the green and people who take beaver pelts in the fairway and don't fix or fill them in.
Old thread, but what the heck... I use the floater golf balls ( can't tell the difference between hitting them and a regular ball) and a couple of different sized hula hoops if anybody knows what those are!
14 different courses out of last 20
I was able to play more golf in 2013 than ever before thanks to meeting some fellow golfers who didn't mind playing with a 35 index golfer. It was a good year for me, I got to play The Jack Nicklaus Tournament and PGA WEST Stadium courses out by Palm Springs and will be playing Morongo's Tukwet Cyns 2 courses this month if the weather holds up. Prior to June of this year I had only been under 100 two  times. I wound up with 12 rounds under a 100 since then, and my index...
I like yellow for visibility, but they are not recommended when there are fall weather leaves on the course. Same thing probably goes for orange balls. For fall time, I think white would be the easiest to find in the fairways...and of course, nobody I know hits the balls into the rough!!
Thread title is "What's a good handicap" Probably a broken leg............Sorry just couldn't resist !!   A good handicap is probably one that the golfer can get pretty close too most time they play. We all have different abilities.
A lot of courses in So. Cal have dwellings way to close to the fairways. Have hit many a rooftop over the last two years, but luckily have not hit any windows. Last time I played a course with houses, I hit one onto a roof, then noticed the homeowner was standing in his back yard watching. Apparently someone else before our group had also just hit his house and he was checking for damage. As I sheepishly came up to him to apologize, he said something to the effect of...
I see your point about making a determination, but on the same hand I don't see a minute movement as grounds for penalty....I know, i know, what is the standard definition of a minute measurement? I guess my subjective reasoning has no place on the course, and as was said, would bring more questions and argument into play.
A question to (hopefully) promote some  nice dialog about a topic (ball movement) that comes up quite often.   Think of all the times a ball is dropped or  re-dropped;... it could be 2 club lengths away from a point of reference. (Yes, I'm calling this a ball movement as the ball is not where it was before)   Or how about when the ball has to be re-placed back to where you think it originally was? Another example could be when you are on the green and your placed...