or Connect

Posts by JeffreyD

17* Titleist 910H and the Cobra S3 Pro Forged combo set is what I recommend. Obviously you need to try out different clubs and woods to determined what you like best, but the feel of these irons is amazing. I think the new Titleist hybrids are the best looking hybrids on the market at the moment. I should have a 17* in my bag very soon to replace my 15.5* fairway wood.
If you hit a 9 iron 145 on average, you should hit your PW about 130, your 52* about 115, your 56* about 100, and your 60* about 85. These would be consistent stock swing averages. What it sounds like to me is that your 60* might be a little open faced when your making contact with the ball. Is it a high 60 yard shot or a low 60 yard shot?
Decided to go with an Oban Devotion 7. It should be in at the end of the week, so I should have some good play time and practice with the club by the middle or end of next week. I will report back!
Go to "MY PROFILE" at the top of the page. You can create a signature and/or "lists" of things.
I walked into the local PGA Superstore the other day and just walked through the used club isle to see if there were any drivers with really good shafts in them for cheap. There were several irons sets that had barely been used and taken care of on the shelf for under $500. There were at least 10 used sets on the shelf for less than $300. I paid $800 for my brand new set of Cobra S3 Pro Forged irons, which I felt was a great deal for the quality set of irons I now play...
It's hard to improve your game out on the course when you play regularly with someone who doesn't care about getting better. It's also hard to improve your game on the course when your playing with someone you beat by 20-30 strokes on a regular basis. You have it in your head before the round that you don't have to play hard. You play better and you improve ON THE COURSE when you are playing with people of your own skill level or slightly better. I know this from...
The only consistent pre-shot routine I have is with putting. It's pretty basic.   1. Read the putt from behind the ball. 2. If necessary read the putt from a different angle as well. 3. Make 2 practice strokes looking down at the ball. 4. Look up at the hole once. 5. Look back down and set up to the ball. 6. Execute the putt.   When it comes to tee shots and approach shots, it's all about feel and comfort. Sometimes I don't feel the need to make a...
I use to have a super bad temper on the course. I think I have broken 3, maybe 4 clubs getting angry. That was in high school though when I expected way too much out of myself. It's probably what led to me basically quit golf 2008-2010 (graduated May '07). I got serious again this year and have only gotten angry a few times. I cuss....a lot. I also toss a wedge or an iron on occasion. I will never break clubs again though. It's stupid and get's costly. Anger on the golf...
I practice at least 4 times a week. I have had 2 full weeks this summer, but my lower back didn't like it. I tend to practice 4-5 times a week and give myself a day off in the middle of the week and Saturday or Sunday off. This is my practice routine:   1. Stretch out my shoulders and lower back 2. 10-15 balls with a wedge (half swings and/or chips) 3. 10-15 balls with a wedge (full swings) 4. 20-25 balls with a mid iron (3/4 swings) 5. 5 balls with the...
I shot 69 the summer after I graduated high school (2007). Course was a par 72 that is 6800 yards from the tips. The 69 was with a 3 putt par on the 18th. I was a consistent scratch golfer at the time, but I didn't make a lot of birdies due to poor putting. I hit 15 greens the day I shot 69 and only made 5 birdies (I was close on more than 5 holes). There were a few 3 putts that day I believe. I am actually hitting the ball better now than I was then (and putting...