or Connect

Posts by handlez42

Understood. And all I have to say is that I have mishit and hit this club pure. There is not, in my opinion, much difference in feel. Very firm. No real sense of accomplishment after contact. Different circumstances in forged. This is an age old argument.
With all do respect, I know how to hit a wedge. And cavity backs are meant t felt well struck in a larger area, hence the cavity back. Forged are firmer. But a cast blade wedge to me and even firmer still.I wouldn't post on a forum a question unless I knew ahead of time I could hit the club in question. Now onto the question. Does anybody have any forged wedges, or have hit kronus wedges in question, and can suggest a good traditional forged wedge.And to be fair nike was a...
Unfortunately I do see the difference. I bought a 50* Vokey sm4 and didn't realize it was a cast club. Kindve incredible that brand new the things are 145?? My only indication of a good hit is flight and a suggested sound. But to me every shot feels like a mishit. Very firm, if not harsh. I also have trouble with short game distance control with it as well as trajectory. I usually never have issues with that. I do like the new K grind vokey. But I could do that with any...
I want something similiar. No strange cavity back wedges. I'm a feel kind of player so how the VIPs feel is actually quite exceptionally good.
Recently I've been looking into forged wedges. I currently have macgregor VIP forged. Which are made by golfsmith with pre-2010 grooves. I like forged. And unique wedges. Only wedges by big names I'm interested in are mizuno and cleveland wedges. But Jim Kronus from "iron factory" is a well reputed refinisher. Anybody playing either kronus or iron factory wedges?
I haven't not hit the i25 or callaway. I'll admit the 915 d3 does look very nice. I'm not such a big fan or the alignment aid in fact I'd prefer hardly visible, or no alignment aid quite honestly. The i15 fits the bill nicely. But it's a bit hard on center hits and although it tells me where I've gone wrong in terms of the fact contact. I don't get enough of a positive sensation when hit flush. Mostly the results are what I draw from. Unfortunately I hit my first round of...
Need SUGGESTIONS. ive been gaming this club for just over a year. and althought i dont mind its challenge, id like for something a little nicer to hit. not neccessarily in terms of forgiveness. if theres a way to keep the more traditional shape and still be able to work the ball id go for that club. i havent had the time to research the new stuff. and even so, the new stuff is never up to what the clubmakers put them out to be. the only club ive looked at is "older"....
sorry for the wait..I got away from thesandtrap for a while and just kept playing the irons I currently have with the 950s. I should've abandoned all the speculation and just got fitted because for my swing speed the nippons were playing a 3.7 in flex frequency. (not acceptable) I got a little upset with the golf shop I originally bought the irons from seeing I was fitted so poorly. Since then they have acquired a simulator.   I went to a local golf ETC and swung a...
i played all this year with Wilson staff balls.   i started with fg tour x balls but they weren't the best feeling off the putter. Prov1 x was better off the putter.   i finished the season and am still using regular fg tours. Not.too much spin off the irons but increased spin off the driver. Great directional control and solid distance   i think they are a steal and many players should consider them
I think I could use a more heavier weighted shaft for some stability. I had the same issue with my iron shafts and the heavier shaft helped with tempo 80-85 seems like a nice balance. Now im hoping to find the right feeling shaft as well as flight characteristics. ALOT of choices...gotta weed through them all..