or Connect

Posts by TidyFreak

+1
+1 on the camera. Last week my pro loaned me a Swingyde in an attempt to cure me of drastically closing the club face at the start of the take-away. I've seen them around for what seems like years, but never thought I needed one. However, a week on and I'm a sworn convert - it's worked wonders for me TF
Echoing what aimgator says, IMVHO as a 19 'capper I would say that simply hitting as many balls as you can without sufficient understanding of swing mechanics could easily lead you into a golf career lacking in any long-term consistency, or at least will possibly limit the standard of play that you can reach. At worst you could get so frustrated that you quit, which would be a real shame.   I personally believe that gaining that understanding is very important. I'd...
  This book : http://www.amazon.co.uk/Short-Hitting-Golfers-Break-ebook/dp/B004QS99AO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1358709427&sr=8-1 ?   TF
Great news Bullitt :-)   And that's a very interesting point about learning more effectively on the course, I must say.   TF
  My advice WFIF is to be very careful about the feedback you receive *  from posting video and especially stills.With all due respect to everyone who subsequently posts their very well-intentioned advice, it seems to me that it would be very easy to get confused and I personally would worry that a particular swing fault had been correctly assessed - some things aren't as obvious as you might think. I suspect that this is less of a problem with full video that can be run...
  Not sure about Bullitt, but I live just outside London so I can indeed play & practice pretty much all year 'round, although practice is only off grass during the summer months and I'm convinced that I actually don't play enough rounds throughout the year due to other commitments, but I agree that a proper break is definitely worth considering ...   TF
what Shooter said +1, but i still totally sympathise. I too go and practice hard, but sometimes return with the fault still all too evident. I've recently realised that my practice isn't effective without visual feedback so I asked Santa for a camera so that I don't just rely on feel. Are you working with a mirror and a camera ? I've also come to realise that I have to be very careful about the drills and advice I'm given, especially exaggeration drills. One example that...
I totally and utterly sympathise with your situation. I similarly do not enjoy being on the course and haven't for some time now. If you're addicted like most of us, then quitting isn't an option. You've got an analysis on which to base your recovery and I would have thought that prior to changing clubs, finding a pro with whom you can connect would be the best move. It will potentially save you from going 'round in circles trying to resolve your issues on your own and...
I've struggled with the issue of an arms-dominant swing up until very recently, but finally came to understand the real importance of keeping the arms and body more connected, at which point my swing became more of a swing than a "hit" - much less effort to get some really decent club-head speed.   I didn't work on my hip action even though, like you, it felt wrong (as did my leg action, impact position and follow-through), but rather I worked on the connection. For...