or Connect

Posts by Derek02

As some of my other posts mention, I'm a bit of a golf ball junkie.  Love trying out new ones; partcularly on half wedges and around the greens.   The last 2 seasons I've played with the Hex Black Tour.  I've never been a fan of Callaway balls (too firm and "clicky" feeling), but IMO the spin around around the greens and inside 50 yards is better than any other ball I've used (I've tried them all....seriously); although I would put the V1 and V1x on the same tier. ...
I just got one a couple weeks ago and agree that it's a great tool.
Rory McIlroy           -10 Russell Henley         -8 Thorbjørn Olesen     -8
I'm okay with more backspin as I'm not a high spin player. My iron shafts are good for me. A good part of my problem was that I was standing a little far from the ball and my swing plane was too flat. I also don't have much wrist cock in my backswing (modeled after Stricker). I am going to replace my hybrids and change the shafts. My current hybrid shafts (and club heads) are not helping my ball flight. So now that I've moved closer at address and I'm setting my wrists a...
I would consideer myself to be a golf ball junkie.  I love reading about different balls, and testing them out to see how well they perform; especially around the green and with half wedge shots.  And I play and practice a lot.  My point is, I believe I know a fair amount about golf balls in general.   That being said, I need some help.  My ball flight, particularly with long irons through driver, tends to be low.  I do hit some shots with a nice high trajectory, but...
Steve Stricker -4 Bill Haas -4 Martin Laird -4
Strick's been my favorite player for a while.  I really hope he wins.  Of course, I live in the Philly area so it'd be cool to see him win the US Open this year at Merion.
Steve Stricker        -9 Jason Duffner         -9 Kevin Streelman     -9
  My comments would be similar to Rick's.  I was pulling for Streelman to win, however, I too was a little turned off by his comments.  But after giving it some thought - Golf is very much a mental sport (to put it mildly), and if his belief that God gave him the mental strength to hit aggressive drives, approaches and putts coming down the stretch then by all means keep reading your scriptures, praying with your caddie or sacrificing live chickens before the final round...
We took a golf trip to the Tampa area last year the week after this tournament, and played the Copperhead course that Wednesday.  I REALLY liked this course.  I've played a handfull of top-notch courses, and this ranks #2 on my list behind only Merion (east).  As you'd expect the week after the tour was there, the course was in phenominal condition.  Even more than that was the layout.  As others have mentioned, the elevation changes as well as the interesting routing...