or Connect

Posts by hurley9192

yes... If the Ryder Cup is still ongoing at 6:43pm, the competition will end and the score will stand as-is. All completed matches count, and any incomplete matches still on the course will be halved. And that has nightmare written all over it.
In Dallas, we've had even the most prestigious and least played course lose some greens. Our greens are holding up well...just around the edges has browned out some. We have bent grass, which is perfect most of the year, but suffers in high heat. Bermuda tends to be perfect now and then is worse in the winter.
I tend to play better in tournament golf because I focus more. The key is to have a routine and stick to it. I get to the course at least an hour early, get ready, hit balls for 30 minutes, putt for 10, a few sand shots and then chips and one last drive before heading to the tee.
David Price is one of the best in the biz. It wasn't his job to remind him how to act in a bunker. However, I've had David as a RO for my group and at times he was proactive and at times he just watched. I think if it was less chaotic and he was able to be near the situation he would have been proactive. However, it's not the RO's job to move the people, it's the marshalls job. Anyone who blames David for this is ignorant of competitive golf and RO responsibilities.
a 6.5 index who shoots a 71 is a pretty salty player if you ask me. I should fly you down to Dallas for my member-guest! I've been under par quite a bunch being a +1 now, but it takes a different mindset. Too many times you have to pretend that par is almost like bogey and play for birdies to go low. There is a movement to think of par as 54 and improve on that. The closer to 54 you shoot the better you get a going low. It's too easy to be content with par and then...
Maybe you've played it too often or it's too easy for you to get on so it's not was big of a deal, but for those of us that get 1 or 2 shots at it in a lifetime, it is like a religious experience....calming, energizing and electrifying all in one to walk the fairways and see up close all of the nuances of a great golf course. It was similar to my first time at Augusta when you see it all in person and realize how hard some of those shots are that you take for granted...
correct...basically it comes down to this...if someone told you they would give you $1000 to break 80. Would you choose a par 72 or par 71 course given similar rating, length, etc.? Most on the pgatour.com site were saying it would be harder to break 80 on a par 71 so they would take a par 72 since it is easier. In reality, my home course is like this...a few years back we redid our course and changed a 530 par 5 to a 484 par 4. Is it easier to shoot par? No, but...
But Golfro, that was my argument all along...it's easier to shoot 59 on a par 71 than a par 72 because you have to make less birdies on a par 71. The other guys were saying it's easier on a par 72 because you have an additional par 5 so another birdie chance. That is akin to saying that adding 40 yards to one of the par 4's makes it easier to shoot a certain score, which is completely backward. I am talking about score here, not 13 under vs. 12 under.
actually, no, it's not one less stroke...it's the same score. It's under par vs. par, but the same score.
So, Harry...does that make us also internet message board losers? LOL