or Connect

Posts by 808hacker

Crazy last round. Start off with 2 pars, then a double, then 2 pars and another double. Switched back to my Callaway and was getting much longer drives - but I also hit out a couple of times. But there was still hope. At times I was making fun saves by using my 7 iron to chip close to the hole several times (it's my go to, save me club). Had the usual miss hits that ruin the round. Came to the last hole. Needed no more than bogey to shoot 89. Good drive, then hit a really...
Yes, you can't beat a laser. But Golflogix gets you most of the way. it's very convenient. If you enter your club distances into GL, it overlays your clubs on the green. I really  like that for deciding which club to use. If you let it "hone in" it's pretty accurate. I have used it on my iPhone and Android phone and both worked well.
Yeah, I know the gym would help for sure! 20 yards further is great! I've taken lessons in the past but it took me so long to get a repeatable swing that I have kind of given up the chase for more distance. Every now and then I will try something but usually with consequences.... bad ones! 
I was replying to another thread when I remembered something that really worked for me in the beginning. Swing easily and find a speed that works for you when you are on the range. Match that swing to a metronome app - get any free one and use the tap tempo feature to match your swing tempo. Now store that speed (write it down) in the metronome app.   Now go on the course and start the metronome and swing to that speed. I think you may be amazed at how well this works....
Usually the range is with mats. You can hit behind the ball and still make decent shots on the range.  Anyway, FWIW, I used to "pretend" I am on the course and do everything I can to make a good swing. I also take a lot of time between the same club - maybe only hit one. Switch clubs etc... Also make sure you hitting to a target.    What I like to do on the range is to try different things - extend my arms, shorter backswing, be relaxed, be more tense, grip pressure...
I guarantee you I am one of the shortest hitters here. When I play, people can't believe what irons I am using!   PW = 95 9i = 105 8i = 115 7i = 125 6i = 136  5i = about 142 5 hybrid around 160 4 hybrid 175+ 3 wood around 185+   Driver - anywhere from 185 with a bad swing to 225 with a good swing. Not counting all the fake rollouts or downhill drives which can skew the numbers really high. I really struggle with long courses. I know the numbers are sad but I...
Waiting on Skenny. :-) I've tried a whole bunch of stuff. Short of starting over and really getting fit, the ball is not going much farther for me no matter what I seem to do!
  Not sharing? :-) Was the modification easy?
I always wanted a day when I would not miss my shots and this was the day. Unfortunately I found out I have other glaring weaknesses. I hit every par 3 green - only to bogey half of them due to 3 putts. My Callaway Razr is so good! I put a Titleist x-stiff blue shaft from my son's 910 driver (had someone put on the adapter). I keep forgetting how good it is. My wedge play is rotten and my putting is still terrible - but aim is a lot better.
Dave,   Don't feel bad. I had the best ball striking day of my life. It started with me trying my old Callaway Razr instead of my new Taylormade jet speed. The Razr was so good - never missed a fairway!!!!! All irons good, 3 wood perfect. All my layups GREAT! Then what do I do with all this perfection?????   Hit stupid wedge shots too short and into bunkers. Pace off putts and still screw up by hitting too long or too short - with the inclined greens, I managed to 3...