or Connect

Posts by 808hacker

>Their short games and putting aren't very good either.   OK you know this can't go on without facts :-) Are the ladies that much worse? Data????
Today I had 5-6 putts hit the hole and lip out. Then there were the three or four 2-3 footers that I missed. I couldn't buy a par on the back nine. Every time I screwed up, I managed to hit a iron to 5-6 feet only to miss. Played a course that I haven't played in a while and still managed to screw up most of the same holes. It was one of the most frustrating rounds of 90 I have had. In the end it's all good. Nice day, lost only one ball but found 3 more. Oh well....
>Spieth isn't arrogant. Not one bit of what he said was cocky.   Yes. I heard the interview after the win. No way is he cocky. In fact, he was still in shock over how he won. The only thing I hear Jordan keep saying is that he's not in the same league yet as Rory and that he hopes at some point he will be and will be #1. Is he confident? I would assume so. Is he arrogant, no. I don't think so.  As much as I love Rory, I think Jordan is great for the game of golf and one...
Wow congratulations! Glad it helped!!!!!! That is an awesome score! More to come I am sure!
Thanks guys!!!!!
You need to get something like the SwingByte or 3bays. It attaches to the club and will measure swing speed reasonably well among other things. The iPhone is awesome and so is the development environment.    I was just going to say that someone could clip the phone to your glove and here it is: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/golf-swing-speed/id545869923?mt=8
I forgot to mention another really good book. It's the How to break 100,90,80,70 series by Andy Chao. It really has a lot of overlap with LSW. I'm still learning from the book - I've bought every single one. The only thing is that there's a ton of overlap within the series and sometimes outright mistakes (copy and paste from another etc...). But it's full of great information! I love it. Will read it before going out today. 
Don't be so hard on yourself. I've tried it both ways and some days you are just off. One time I went to the range and couldn't hit anything. I mean, every single ball was topped or shanked. Even some pros felt bad and tried to help me. It was one of the worst days of playing I have had. So going to the range may make things worst because all it does is make you feel defeated before you hit the tee.   I always do the same thing now - check tempo, sweep the ground. Try...
WOW, thanks guys. Yeah, I'm not expecting much from him with regards to score - but OK, will give it a good shot. Thanks for the tips. mdaugherty24, thanks!!!! Dave, I will have them ask for #8 for the practice round. I wasn't aware the greens were that fast. Incredible. I don't think we have anything that fast in Hawaii under normal conditions.
Sorry to hijack this thread, but my son is going to play Pinehurst 5,8  and 2. Of the three, he can only play either 5 to 8 during a practice round. For the people that have played there - if you could choose between 5 or 8, which one would you choose? I guess another way to say this, is which course 5 to 8 would best prepare you for the other two? Thanks for any advice.