or Connect

Posts by johnclayton1982

Right, but I could serve a tennis ball as fast as low-level ATP players at 18.  I've been playing golf longer (Relatively speaking) and my speed isn't anywhere close to a tour pro. This is why I think it is early childhood, not biology.  If it was biology, shouldn't I be able to swing a golf club relatively speaking as fast as a pro without equal time in to both? And its not close either.  Its not like with golf I'm jut behind the tour pros and with tennis I'm right...
 My dad built it because he loves to play tennis (although he was bad, relatively speaking).  It was there for a decade or so before I was born, it wasn't built because I displayed aptitude. My point was in response to those saying your either born with fast-twitch muscle fibers or you not, I don't think thats true.  I don't understand what in biology would permit me to swing a racquet as hard as I can swing it but can't swing a golf club a similar speed relative to the...
 I would shift this slightly.  I've posted this before, but I find it interesting, so here goes. I don't think you are born with it, I think what you do in very young years matters a whole whole lot.  I'm (obviously) not sure what ages or details etc.... but I don't think its genetic, I think there is some period that is formative that is really, really important. I could serve a tennis ball when I played in college about as hard as the average ATP player.  I swung really,...
Edited to nothing to short circuit this argument.  I have some family issues with drugs and I suppose am super-sensitive to someone stereotyping and being what I think is cruel.  That said, I went overboard with this post so I edited it.Back to the golf side of the forum. :)
 This is exactly the response a decent human being should have.  No envy or jealousy here.  This is the sympathetic, god-fearing response.  He is a human and he deserves sympathy and respect from his fellow humans. He is a drug addict.  I've had drug addicts in my family.  They are sad and should be pitied, not hated.  To say what some others said on here (chicken legs, fake tan, etc...) is cruel, hateful and from a bad place in their own lives. EDIT: Its either that, or...
 I think the actual, honest answer to this question is "nobody has any idea at all". Generally, I think you need to be really, really good at something with a significant separation value.  The lower the separation value, the better you need to be relative to the field.  This could be because when you were 3 you played some game over and over and developed incredible hand eye co-ordination.  Or not. I think the people who say "you need a ton of natural talent but I can't...
 "I hate Dustin Johnson because he married a party girl and, while I don't really know him, I am going to call him all sorts of horrible things in public based on virtually nothing" is what envious jerks say. "Drugs are a very damaging thing and I condemn their use.  I hope that Dustin recovers from a health problem of his own making." is what loving human beings say. Of course you can call people out for bad decisions.  But when it becomes insults because someone is...
On a vacation in Tuscany for three weeks.  Anyone have any courses they would recommend?  Going to be staying in Montecatini but easy train rides to Pisa, Florence.   Would specifically love to find somewhere with a driving range, if possible, where i can buy just hitting balls without a round (Tough to find, I know).  English speaking not required.   Thanks in advance!   Best,   John
Thanks to all for the great replies. I liked the book Lowest Score Wins because it made me rethink alot about how I manage the course and how I pick my equipment - it just leads you to challenge what you assume to be true about the game. One offshoot of hitting my driver much more (which I have started to do since reading the book) is that I am now hitting shorter clubs out of worse lies. This is where I think it is advantageous to have the "iron set" wedges b/c they have...
Hi All,   You don't really see "good" (or golfers who play alot) use the G/A, S and L wedges from their iron set.  After reading LSW and thinking about it, I thought the forgiveness would be important to still hitting middle of the green with the longer wedge shots.  Obviously i realize the book says get fitted for wedges, but assuming that isn't an option, why don't more players use their iron set wedges?    I took my Mack Daddy 2 wedge and a used X-hot iron sand...