or Connect

Posts by johnclayton1982

Thanks to all for the great replies. I liked the book Lowest Score Wins because it made me rethink alot about how I manage the course and how I pick my equipment - it just leads you to challenge what you assume to be true about the game. One offshoot of hitting my driver much more (which I have started to do since reading the book) is that I am now hitting shorter clubs out of worse lies. This is where I think it is advantageous to have the "iron set" wedges b/c they have...
Hi All,   You don't really see "good" (or golfers who play alot) use the G/A, S and L wedges from their iron set.  After reading LSW and thinking about it, I thought the forgiveness would be important to still hitting middle of the green with the longer wedge shots.  Obviously i realize the book says get fitted for wedges, but assuming that isn't an option, why don't more players use their iron set wedges?    I took my Mack Daddy 2 wedge and a used X-hot iron sand...
 Fair enough, and I am glad you are getting better.  However, while it might feel like this will be perfect forever right now, its going to stop working.  Its human nature - if a little right arm push is good, a lot of right arm push is better, right?  Swing tips are like that.  They work bc its letting you feel something new, but its very difficult to *build* on something like this.  If you don't know *why* the right arm push is working (for example, you clearly don't...
Stumpy, have you videotaped yourself swinging this way and compared it to the diagrams?  Or are you going on feel?   The impact condition in that picture is poor, and won't lead to good shots consistently.  However, the "feel" of the swing might be just right for you.  For example, it really helps me to "feel" like my hips go over my left foot at impact.  It feels like they do.  But on video, they are not even close to getting that far forward, but thats what I need to...
 Hitting it very high with a lack of distance is a characteristic of flipping in a swing.  Your impact condition is adding loft.
 I disagree.  The issue is that you have a swing flaw.  Alot of times, you can compensate for it because you probably have good hand-eye co-ordination.  You are thinking about this backwards.  Your thin shots are the shots your swing produces that you don't save.  However, its very likely that you swing that way all the time and can generally save it with your hands at impact.  Its possible (just much less likely) that 2-3 times a round you swing completely different that...
 How in the world do you know this?
Its kindof a silly question without more detail.   I played La Tour Golf Club, which is about 45 minutes from my home course for the first time the other weekend.  Its the same 6700ish yards, same type of grass, same relative layout as my home course, same weather conditions and wind etc... I didn't notice too much.  It was totally flat, like most courses where I am.  I shot 76, which is what I would expect to shoot at home.   I played Sunnapee Country Club in New...
 Thats extremely impressive for an 18 cap (And a consistent 223 yard average straight with a 17* club would be impressive for a 10 cap IMO).  Are you sure this isn't just mental?  Meaning, sometimes we "like" a feel and think we hit it better that way when its really just the same.  Just throwing this out there - its very unlikely you are actually doing this with an 18 cap.  I do, but I am trying to change it.  I hit down with the driver and all the other clubs, and I hit...
It took me about 6 years of intense work to go from a ~27 to a 4.2.  I think that transition is possible, but it took me a long time and a lot of work.   I don't know of anyone who has gone from 100+ to a professional career.  Seems impossible.