or Connect

Posts by johnclayton1982

Hitting it very high with a lack of distance is a characteristic of flipping in a swing.  Your impact condition is adding loft.
 I disagree.  The issue is that you have a swing flaw.  Alot of times, you can compensate for it because you probably have good hand-eye co-ordination.  You are thinking about this backwards.  Your thin shots are the shots your swing produces that you don't save.  However, its very likely that you swing that way all the time and can generally save it with your hands at impact.  Its possible (just much less likely) that 2-3 times a round you swing completely different that...
 How in the world do you know this?
Its kindof a silly question without more detail.   I played La Tour Golf Club, which is about 45 minutes from my home course for the first time the other weekend.  Its the same 6700ish yards, same type of grass, same relative layout as my home course, same weather conditions and wind etc... I didn't notice too much.  It was totally flat, like most courses where I am.  I shot 76, which is what I would expect to shoot at home.   I played Sunnapee Country Club in New...
 Thats extremely impressive for an 18 cap (And a consistent 223 yard average straight with a 17* club would be impressive for a 10 cap IMO).  Are you sure this isn't just mental?  Meaning, sometimes we "like" a feel and think we hit it better that way when its really just the same.  Just throwing this out there - its very unlikely you are actually doing this with an 18 cap.  I do, but I am trying to change it.  I hit down with the driver and all the other clubs, and I hit...
It took me about 6 years of intense work to go from a ~27 to a 4.2.  I think that transition is possible, but it took me a long time and a lot of work.   I don't know of anyone who has gone from 100+ to a professional career.  Seems impossible.
A really good way to feel the timing of the hips is to take your normal address position and normal grip at home.  Take your right hand off the club and make a backswing keeping your left hand on the grip where it is (soled behind the ball).  Slowly, make backswings with your right hand only.  You can't get stuck behind, as your body will automatically drop the right arm instead of spinning open when there is no left arm in the movement.  Try to swing back with your right...
 Seems harsh for an 18 cap.  At an 18, you're hitting what, like 3-5 greens per round?  Seems like a confidence killer to only let yourself enjoy 3-5 shots per round. Be focused on process not outcome.  If you go through your routine, make solid contact, and plan the shot in accordance with your courseplan its a nice shot, regardless of whether or not it spins off the green into a bunker. People are just trying to be nice man.  Don't let it bother you.
I'd also add its very odd you are teeing off every par 4 with a 6 iron.  I don't think I could break 90 if I had to hit 6 iron off every tee at my local.
You had quite a first post, very true. You obvioulsy have mechanical problems, but as usual in these types of threads, you need to seriously fix how you talk to yourself. Examples:  This is obviously widly exaggerated.  There is no way you have multiple putts where you hit it 10 feet instead of 50.  Once?  Maybe.  But more than once is ludicrious. The actual truth isn't bad enough, so you have to exaggerate it in your head.  Why say this to yourself?  It isn't true.  This...