or Connect

Posts by johnclayton1982

Yeah, thats probably true.     I will read those threads and post a video in the next couple days.   You may be right.   I have good hand-eye co-ordination and I'm fairly athletic (played D1 tennis in college) so I might just be good at fixing/compensating.  Also I'm a good putter and that makes up for alot of swing problems.     They do when you hit 'em off the hosel... 
They would sell a whole lot fewer clubs if they marked them as non-conforming.... no way they do that probably will just put a small mark on the head or shaft somewhere if even that.   This could get really interesting.  I have a high-COR driver with a huge head I got off Ebay thats non-conforming.  It makes a huge difference.  If I hit that driver and a Bandit ball I can hit it about 45 yards farther than without.   I hope TM does it.  Banning the anchor'd...
  Point taken.  Its just so frustrating cause it isn't "once in a while" its good... its 78-81 90% of the time.  Its just that small little times I just lose it completely.  Its never in the middle.   There is probably something that happens to my swing but I don't know what would cause huge slices in irons and a snap hook / popups with driver.  Even the chip/pitches when its bad have a slice to them - a very small one, but definate left-right movement even hitting it 10...
  Obviously this isn't right.  However, I think "natural talent" only appears "natural" because it is developed very early in life.  I think it is a true statement that any infant is capable of anything.  I do not believe some infants, absent deformities, "can't" make the tour.  I do believe that some 10 year olds, by that time, have not been exposed to enough hand-eye co-ordination experience to develop it well enough to make the tour, no matter what they do from age 10...
I'm not sure what to do about this problem.   I'm a decent player and sometimes a really, really good player.  However I am inconsistent as heck.  I shot 80 even at the hardest course in my area last weekend, shot 79 at my home course last night, and just shot 106 at a fairly easy goat track this afternoon.   It is driving me crazy.   I'm not sure what drills I can do to practice consistency.  When it goes, it all goes - today, I had three popups off the...
Read the whole thread.  Can't say I agree with reducing distance.   As I've posted a bunch of other places, I've been trying to break 80 for about 2 years.  Its extremely difficult and I haven't yet been able to do it consistently beyond the odd 76, 79 here and there.  About a year ago (had a thread on this too) I decided my 230 driver distance was holding me back and started a program to get longer.  I got fitted for a new driver with an ultra-light shaft, drilled...
This post from sandtrap...         For some reason "get on your autopilot" really resonated with me.  I tell myself that constantly during rounds and I'm playing the best, most boring golf I've ever played. Really thought this post had some insight in it and made me a better player.   The tip i took away is "try to be boring".  That small tip has taken a ton of shots of my game.  "Try to be boring". Genius.
Inthehole: Did you ever get a chance to check out the Pelz putting bible?  We talked about it in another thread about a year ago or so.  I agree mental is important, but doing the 30 minute at home exercises Pelz recommends make a huge difference.  He advertises that after doing them at home for about six months (most of them involve putting with your eyes closed to practice visualization) you'll have the inside-4-ft stroke/number of a tour pro. Im not sure its that...
  You left out the critical part of the sentence.  Unless the course has posted otherwise people can take as long as they want.  If you don't like it, play somewhere where they police pace of play.   My point is not that people should take as long as they want and everyone else can shove it.  My point is that it is pointless to get angry / frustrated with someone for slow play when the course can't even take the time to post what is considered an appropriate speed for a...
  I play with an 18 and a 22 most Sat. mornings.  I agree, we are not a fast group, but we're not the slowest either.         #1, this assumes everyone is four-to-a-group, which I almost never see on my course.  #2, if the group in front is playing speed golf, is it your responsibility to keep up?  #3 If I hit my drive out of bounds and the guy ahead of me birdies, you're telling me I have to let someone play through because I'm now a hole behind?   You can't put...