or Connect

Posts by NuclearMike

I'm from Texas and embarrassed to be "represented" by Ted Cruz, the Junior Senator from Texas.  His extremist views as a freshman Senator aren't endorsed by his colleague Republican Senator John Cornyn nor by most everyone I know, from staunch Republicans to the most liberal Democrats.  I don't vote a straight party ticket but I have to tell you, the Affordable Care Act is going to be a great benefit to me and to my wife.  Because of her illnesses we can't get insurance...
I have to original Torc and it sees a lot of use.  Great product.
 How about "Have some pride in your work, fellas?"  and "a person's professionalism".  and "Love Mark Twain, by the way." I think that you meant spelling, grammar, and PUNCTUATION errors.  Or did I come in on the end of an example and now the joke's on me?  Either way, no offense meant or taken.  I love the thread.
 Thanks for renaming the thread, but lenses with two different focus points are "bifocals", whether the lenses are progressive or lined.  My lenses are corrective for both near vision and distance vision.  They aren't "normal" at the top of the lens.  That would imply no correction at all.  And as I stated in my original post, I already have single-vision glasses and have used them on the range and will do so on the course again tomorrow with the hope of regaining some of...
  Do you wear bifocals, Erik?  If not I'm not sure where your expertise comes into play.  If so it's likely that your prescription and lenses are different than mine.  Progressive lenses are exactly that.  Progressive.  I have good focus at the top and the bottom third of the lenses but the middle is where the progression is. If I look out the center of the lens I'm not seeing in perfect focus. I'd need a much taller lens or a lined bifocal to have the kind of demarcation...
 I appreciate the posture advice but I think that part of the problem is that I have no-line bifocals and my lenses are relatively narrow from top to bottom, so there isn't an easily positioned demarcation of the two parts of the lenses.
A little background:  I gave up golf for personal reasons about 12 years ago and came back to the game three years back.  When I left I was playing to a 10 and wore single vision glasses.  I got no-line bifocals during my time away and didn't think anything of it when I started playing again.  Ever since my return I've had trouble hitting my irons on the sweet spot, but I hit my longer clubs (Hybrids, 3W, and Driver) really well, especially when compared to the irons.  I...
I used to have a temper but now I tell myself that I'm just not good enough to get mad at things that are my fault in the first place.  Why throw a club?  It certainly isn't the club's fault that I hit it somewhere other than where I intended.  It's better for my blood pressure and I believe that staying on an even keel helps my overall game.  I only hope to keep my bad shots in play most of the time to minimize those blow-up holes that can really screw up a round.
I started by going to the range with my dad when I was six years old.  He let me walk with him but didn't let me play until I was 8, when I played my first nine with him.  That was in 1966.  He taught me the swing (or his version of it, anyway), proper golf etiquette, the history of the game, and how to comport myself on the course.  I shot 64 from the front tees that day, with a par on a par 3 hole.  That began my love affair with the game.  My dad died in 1998, and his...
 Stay away from Golfsmith for used gear.  They don't give you much if you sell used clubs to them and they way overcharge if you buy.