or Connect

Posts by MEfree

How broad is the new decision?  Does it only cover cases where the player watched what he thought/claimed was an oscillation but later was shown by video to be movement, or does it go beyond that? i.e. Suppose two players hit the ball into the trees close to each other.  A's ball is found right away but not B's.  While everyone is looking B's ball, A inadvertently steps on a long branch on the ground that moves his ball 6 inches.  The movement would have been clear to the...
Is there a no binding option?  I thought I might have seen some guys in the video riding without, but wasn't sure.  From a safety standpoint, you would likely fall off more often without bindings, but could step out of your fall.   How does the weight of 2 of these compare to 1 golf cart?   I can think of at least one snowboarder who I have golfed with that would probably like this.
I just read 18/4 (thanks for the link ruleman) and it is DEAD ON re Tiger's situation. Q. A player addresses his ball. He observes a slight motion of the ball but believes that it has only oscillated and has not left its original position. He therefore plays the ball as it lies. Later, the Committee becomes aware from television evidence that the ball had in fact left its position and come to rest in another place, although that change of position was such that it was...
I guess some of my thoughts are just a bit before their time... It will be interesting to see what they consider "reasonably discernible to the naked eye"  Whose eye?  From what distance/perspective?  What if you see the ball move, but are unsure whether it moved back to its original position (oscillated)?  What if the ball moves while the player or his caddy are not looking at it?  A total of 87 changes have been made to the Decisions on the Rules of Golf that will go...
Someone told me that a credit card was found in the snow at Breckenridge a few days ago and it turned out it was Lindsey Vonn's.  When it was returned to her, Tiger was with her.  I don't know if he was skiing or not.   I saw Lindsey training at Copper Mountain last weekend, but Tiger was playing in Turkey at the time.
Do you consider the growing national debt of the USA (and other countries) a problem or is deficit spending a good thing that benefits you?    I just finished reading Our Ecological Footprint and one of my takeaways from the book is that a growing federal debt (in $) is not the only debt we are passing onto our kids- aka, our society is spending more ecological capital (i.e. natural resource, emissions, etc.) than the Earth naturally replenishes.  Like a growing National...
If it was a serious round and not raining, I would probably shoot it just out of habit and because I feel that I have gotten more and more dialed in on my distances (at least before the courses around me closed).  Even at courses that I play regularly, I have not verified that all the 150s are correct.     The situation you described really doesn't happen that often- usually I am on one side of the fairway or the other and/or the pin is not exactly in the middle of the...
Stenson is currently #1 in the Race to Dubai- Does anyone think he will get his 1st European win this season?  #4 Poulter is also looking for his 1st win.
Funny...the best laugh I had this week was from this email   You can't make this stuff up!!!     New sign at Wal-Mart       Our society is...
Just found this on their site-   75% Say Congress Should Publish a PRIORITIZED Budget And 63% Say a Prioritized Budget Would Help Them Accept Cuts to Their FAVORITE Government Programs   DENVER, April 23, 2013 –TheSolution.org conducted a poll of 2,844 Americans to see if publishing a prioritized budget would help people accept cuts to their favorite government programs.  “The response to questions 1 and 2 reveal the enormous challenge politicians face when trying...