or Connect

Posts by MEfree

I turn in all my scores, but consider myself a good 6 at the moment.  The CR is 64.8 from the blues where we played today with a slope of 113.  Today's 66 was the lowest I have shot anywhere other than a par 3 course and only the 2nd time I have been under par.  My index will probably be sub-6 next revision. T Date Score CR/Slope Diff. Course AI 8/18/14 76 67.2/122 8.2 Keystone Golf the River Course T 8/6/14 72 66.8/117 5.0 Copper Creek Golf...
In the Round of 16 today in the Copper Creek Men's League "Club Championship" I had 5 birdies on the front and 8 for the round (7 coming in the 14 holes the match was still alive).  Made two doubles and carded a 66 (-3).  1 was a chip in from about 35' and another came on a 20 foot putt, but the rest were from inside 12 feet (with two being two putts, one from the fringe).     I missed a birdie putt inside 4' on 4 and a really well struck 8' on 13 and 2 longer birdie...
I just plugged my last round into the calculator you provided- I think it is pretty good, but there are limitations.     The least accurate, IMO, is the Recovery category.  Certain recovery shots are much easier than others, so it is hard to come up with an expected PRO shot total just based on distance.     Things like wind, uphill/downhill, altitude, green speed, pin location, green quality, lie in the bunker, amount of tree interference, forced lay-ups etc. are also...
there are test results like http://www.golfdigest.com/images/equipment/2014-05/eqsl32-hot-list-ball-spin-rate-chart.jpg   and site like http://www.golfballtest.org/
Depending on what Kevin Foley does over the weekend, it looks like Duval will finish 200 or #201 in the Fed Ex Cup.  I believe that #126-200 get to play in the Web.com Tour Finals with 25 cards available for those outside the top 125/top 25.  Last year it looked like they added some way outside the top 200 (likely guys with some sort of medical extension), but I am not sure if they add 201 if higher finishers don't play.
Shootouts are a lot of fun- I have seen some where there is a pari-mutuel that anyone can buy in on but have never seen the winner called the "Club Champion"   Years ago, when I caddied for an invitational that ended in a shootout, I noticed that a decent player didn't bother betting on himself and had no other betting interest so I threw down $5 on 3rd place and cashed a nice ticket when he finished in the $. That's what we had last year, but it was only two rounds.  Lots...
Hopefully Weir will hang on today and make the cut to give himself a chance to play a great weekend and gain an unlikely (at this point), playoff berth.
Last year I won my first Men's Club Championship- 2 rounds gross stroke play- Everyone played even from the back tees in the Championship flight.  Anyone who had played in at least 3 Men's League events prior to the Club Championship was eligible to play.   This year, they mentioned towards the beginning of the season that the Club Championship would be Match Play.  About 10 days ago, they announced they would seed people into 2 brackets (one from middle tees, one from...
His scoring ave has actually been better over the weekend- he has had a few poor weekend rounds while in contention, but has also missed 10 cuts this season, so he doesn't always play well Thursday and Friday.  Today was his 4th 64 of the year (twice each during 1st and 3rd rounds) and he has shot 80+ twice (both Friday).  Seems inconsistent more than anything. SCORING AVG. STATS RANK ADDITIONAL STATS SCORING AVERAGE (ACTUAL) 70.55 42 TOT. STRKS - 5,644 TOT....
Tiger Woods You'll stop at nothing to win. You have an incredible drive to succeed at everything you do but dislike the attention that comes with success. You are intensely private and prefer to associate only with people who respect that. You might have the driver yips.