or Connect

Posts by MEfree

Most had no problem understanding the question I was asking.  A number of people said they were effected, while many said they weren't.  I see no problem with that.    The only reason I brought math into it was when someone said something that was contradicted by the numbers they supplied.   My OP said "really good or really bad score."  If someone only makes birdie on #1 once in 20 rounds, then I would consider this a really good score regardless of how many times they...
For what its worth, it looks like Langer and Jimenez have played in the same tournament 3 times this year with Jiminez beating Langer the first two and Langer crushing him this past week.
I generally agree, but I think some who fall into category 2 get nervous and play worse in competition while others may actually focus better.
Definitely having a really good year on the SR Tour and his Masters t-8 gives the notion some credibility, BUT he has still only won 4 times on the Champions Tour.  Put another way he was beaten by at least one 50+ golfer in 10 of 14 starts.  His play there has been quite consistent with top 10s in 13 of 14 starts and 9 of 14 in the top 3, but before last week, Monty was leading the Schwab Cup having taken 2 majors.   Had he posted good results in 1 or 2 more non-Sr...
I understand what you are saying and mostly agree but was trying to use a simplified example to help illustrate a point.  Just because someone doesn't think something affects them mentally, doesn't mean that it doesn't.  
Elaborate when you say "didn't count" I think I would take Isukgolf's perspective- tell people about it and let them decide for themselves.  Yesterday, I made an "eagle" two at a scramble- my drive and my second shot, but I picked up my original ball and played the 2nd from a preferred lie after my partners hit.  I don't talk about eagles often, but if anyone asks me if I have eagled that hole, I will tell them the circumstances.
At the club where I played and caddied as a teenager, they had "hole in one insurance"- basically each of the members paid ~$5 a month and everyone got free drinks for the day whenever anyone had a hole in one.  (Sometimes, to generate more bar business, they would reschedule hole in ones if someone got one really late in the day, or when the bar was closed).   Apparently, at least for a while, you could opt out of the insurance.  One well known insurance agent did this...
This might help clarify what I mean by "affect"    2 hypothetical Golfers both average 5 strokes per hole (90 for 18).  Per 18 holes, both average two 3s (11.1%), four 4s (22.2%), six 5s (33.3%), four 6s (22.2%) and two 7s (11.1%).  Pretend these 18 scores are like a deck of cards (and ignore par/difficulty of hole differences)    Golfer 1's scores are INDEPENDENT of each other meaning he shuffles his deck after each hole.  If he makes a 3 on the 1st hole, he still has...
I see the humor in the Snow White reference, but have you figured out the humor in "42"?  The gal who does it was considering giving everyone a (likely small) prize or just drawing names from everyone on the list.
Agree.  Most of the courses I currently play have hazards where it is difficult to be virtually certain your ball is in it even if you are reasonably certain it is in there. In addition to the reasons Dormie gave, I think hole design can also play a factor when combined with turf quality and grass growth rates.  The 6th Hole at Keystone River has a lake where you would expect the hazard to be marked reasonably close to the lake with moderate rough leading into the area...